/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does wearing something haram make other stuff haram?

amoha019
03-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Im wearing a t-shirt brought with haram money , i was wondering , like for such if i work in that t-shirt , would it be permissible or would anything i do be haram?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Butterfly
03-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Brother, I've read your previous posts. I would encourage you to ask your father to give regular charity to purify the income he makes. Your father has dependents on him, has to earn a living feeding his dependents, housing his family, etc so it's best to leave the matter to Allah. You can make dua for your father and your family. If you are able to make an income in a halal way, do so. InshaAllah in years to come you may be able to support your family in a halal way.

I admire that you have a conscience about haram and halal earnings. Not every Muslim does. May Allah reward your efforts and open the road to a halal and successful career, Ameen.

azc
03-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Haram.......Haram.... haram...... Haram...!!! Why this slogan is frequently heard and seen on forums / YouTube and, social media...???

sister herb
03-06-2017, 09:52 PM
^ I am wondering same.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbdurRahman.
03-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Brother don't worry. Most businesses do a bit of crooked stuff so your dads money will be halal InshAllah as long as he purifies it by giving zakat. Allah (swt ) took into consideration mans weakness thus gave this facility of zakaat as He knows some of our earnings will be impure.

Blueflame
03-08-2017, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amoha019
Im wearing a t-shirt brought with haram money , i was wondering , like for such if i work in that t-shirt , would it be permissible or would anything i do be haram?
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: A man knows that the source of his father's wealth is haraam; can he eat his father’s food? If he does not eat his father's food, is that considered disobedience to his father?-

He replied: With regard to the man who knows that his father's wealth is haraam, if it is haraam in and of itself, in the sense that he knows that his father stole this money from someone, then it is not permissible to eat it. If you know that your father stole this sheep and slaughtered it, then do not eat and do not accept his invitation. But if it is haraam because of the way in which it was acquired, such as if he deals with riba or cheats and so on, then eat, and the sin is on him.-

The evidence for that is that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him and his family) accepted gifts and food from the Jews, who are known deal in riba and consume haraam. A Jewish woman gave him a poisoned sheep in Khaybar so that he would die, but Allaah protected him against that until an appointed time. And a Jewish man invited him to eat barley bread and fat, and he accepted his invitation and ate. And he bought food for his family from a Jew, and he and his family ate. So let him eat and the sin is on his father. End quote from-Liqa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh-(13/188).-

aaj
03-08-2017, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
Brother don't worry. Most businesses do a bit of crooked stuff so your dads money will be halal InshAllah as long as he purifies it by giving zakat. Allah (swt ) took into consideration mans weakness thus gave this facility of zakaat as He knows some of our earnings will be impure.
That is not how it works. Zakat is to purify you wealth so it brings blessings, not make haram halal. Otherwise people would be gambling and making money from brothels and purifying it with zakat.

AbdurRahman.
03-08-2017, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
That is not how it works. Zakat is to purify you wealth so it brings blessings, not make haram halal. Otherwise people would be gambling and making money from brothels and purifying it with zakat.
but can we say what his dad is doing is haram?; it is not right, but many things could mitigate it, such as the pressure on him to make enough money etc and even if that particular act was 'haram' yet will his entire earnings be haram?; there is a lot to consider br ...

i think what his dad is doing could fall under the 'pressure' catogory where most businesses are fiddling some tax or something

basically it is a grey area this is why it could be hoped that zakaat/repentance would purify it!

zakaat is considered as 'giving away that impure money' and your left with pure halal! [ref shaykh Hamza Yusuf!]

aaj
03-08-2017, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
but can we say what his dad is doing is haram?; it is not right, but many things could mitigate it, such as the pressure on him to make enough money etc and even if that particular act was 'haram' yet will his entire earnings be haram?; there is a lot to consider br ...

i think what his dad is doing could fall under the 'pressure' catogory where most businesses are fiddling some tax or something

basically it is a grey area this is why it could be hoped that zakaat/repentance would purify it!

zakaat is considered as 'giving away that impure money' and your left with pure halal! [ref shaykh Hamza Yusuf!]
Unless you are a scholar, you are not qualified make categories as you think nor put it in grey area nor make the statement you did regarding zakat.

We can only say what we know. if the father is doing something dishonest and is regarded as contributing to haram according to Islam then part or all of the income is haram, depending on the work.

and i would not take my deen from humza yusuf unless you are from sufi sect.

AbdurRahman.
03-08-2017, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
Unless you are a scholar, you are not qualified ...
lol i know how it seems but this sort of knowledge only takes a little more learning bro! :Emoji47:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.