/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Giving IGCSE....this year...

Mrciful_Servant
03-07-2017, 04:44 AM
Salam un alikum.....I am giving IGSCE this yrs...I need some books and online resources ....if anyone can help I would be glad.....

I want to be a software developer......[emoji4]

[emoji5]May Allah help us Allah to succeed in this world and in the akhira......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
03-07-2017, 05:10 AM
Bro @Scimitar and bro @Serenity are the right persons to advise you

Mrciful_Servant
03-07-2017, 06:11 AM
Thanks for everything .....

Simple_Person
03-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Sister, if you want to be a software developer and off course need to know one or two languages. Lynda.com has some good video tutorials for a good start.

*kuch*...*kuch*..torrents..*kuch*..*kuch*..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mrciful_Servant
03-08-2017, 04:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Sister, if you want to be a software developer and off course need to know one or two languages. Lynda.com has some good video tutorials for a good start.

*kuch*...*kuch*..torrents..*kuch*..*kuch*..
Ok...thank u ...

noraina
03-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Sis, I have done IGCSEs as well.

The easiest way to find books or online resources is to look at the websites of the exam boards you are taking the exams with, there they will provide a huge list of resources you can look at. I'm home-educated and that's what I did. You could also ask a teacher for advice.

I don't know where you live, but from what I know only two British exam boards give IGCSEs - Edexcel and Cambridge, are you taking your exams with either of them? I'll try and link you to the specific lists in'sha'Allah.

I don't know much about software developing, but may Allah swt open the doors of halal rizq for you and make everything easy for you. Ameen.

Supernova
03-09-2017, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

The easiest way to find books or online resources is to look at the websites of the exam boards you are taking the exams with, there they will provide a huge list of resources you can look at. I'm home-educated and that's what I did. You could also ask a teacher for advice.

I don't know where you live, but from what I know only two British exam boards give IGCSEs - Edexcel and Cambridge, are you taking your exams with either of them? I'll try and link you to the specific lists in'sha'Allah.

I don't know much about software developing, but may Allah swt open the doors of halal rizq for you and make everything easy for you. Ameen.
Lets hope its Cambridge - I found their books more self explanatory.

Mrciful_Servant
03-10-2017, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

Salam un alikum ....I m giving Cambridge IGCSE secondary exam ....I mean Cambridge o levels ...and I am from Afghanistan [emoji1023]....

noraina
03-11-2017, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mrciful_Servant
Salam un alikum ....I m giving Cambridge IGCSE secondary exam ....I mean Cambridge o levels ...and I am from Afghanistan [emoji1023]....
Wa alaykum assalam,

Ma'sha'Allah, on my paternal grandmother's side my family is from Afghanistan as well.

I took both Edexcel and Cambridge IGCSEs, I did prefer the books for Cambridge.

The Cambridge International Examinations website has loads of information to help you. I'm linking you to the 'Resource Centre', just select the options for 'textbooks' and 'websites' and select the subject you want it for and it'll give you a list of books and websites for each subject you're taking:

http://www.cie.org.uk/i-want-to/resource-centre/

I ordered the majority of my books from Amazon. I'm not sure if Afghanistan would have a similar service for ordering books online.

Mrciful_Servant
03-11-2017, 01:07 PM
Thanks ...may Allah help u the way u helped me....[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

noraina
03-11-2017, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mrciful_Servant
Thanks ...may Allah help u the way u helped me....[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
Allahumma ameen sis, :love:

Mrciful_Servant
01-10-2018, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Lets hope its Cambridge - I found their books more self explanatory.
Yup me too ...I think Cambridge...is good but homeschooling is so confusing

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.