/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Child Marriage - Pls explain.

Serinity
03-07-2017, 12:32 PM
:salam:

So I read an old thread of mine. And some questions went unanswered.......

Is it halal or haram?? How can Aisha's r.a. marriage count as evidence, I thought it was Allah :swt: that specifically commanded the Prophet :saws: to marry her?

Ps. I read that one can marry off their pre pubescent child pre-puberty to a man, without her consent, how is that not different from forced marriage?

It doesn't go right with me that child marriage is ok... :/

Note: I

Allahu alam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaqib
03-07-2017, 12:46 PM
[4:19]

azc
03-07-2017, 01:16 PM
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/6213 http://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/7700

shafat10
05-04-2017, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

So I read an old thread of mine. And some questions went unanswered.......

Is it halal or haram?? How can Aisha's r.a. marriage count as evidence, I thought it was Allah :swt: that specifically commanded the Prophet :saws: to marry her?

Ps. I read that one can marry off their pre pubescent child pre-puberty to a man, without her consent, how is that not different from forced marriage?

It doesn't go right with me that child marriage is ok... :/

Note: I

Allahu alam
Aisha R.A. when she was married at hwr age of 9, she was matured. So if one things that when she was married at 9, she was immature, then that's not correct. She was mature at that age and it's scientifically, very possible.

As far as marriage is concerned, for marriage, you have to be mature. There are 3 signs of maturity, you can find out what are those. Once someone is mature, which is maximum at the age of 15 (after 15, everyone is mature); one can get married (according to Islam, am not talking about any country's law). For the man, he doesn't need parents permission, but it's good if he takes. For the women, you need 2 permissions. 1st, women should agree to marry, 2nd, the guardian should also agree. So if either of them disagreea, then the marriage is null and void. There is some difference of opinion in different schools of Fiqh in this matter, but the correct understanding is that you need both the permission. Because the Prophet said that a girl who marries without her guardian's consent, her marriage is void, her marriage is void, her marriage is void. He repeated thrice. So we understand that parents permission is necessary. Secondly, you need the girl's permission also. There is a Hadith, a girl came to the Prophet PBUH and complained that her parents gave her marriage to someone whom she didn't want to get married to, and then the Prophet said that "you are free", meaning the marriage has become null and void due to the girl not agreeing to marry. Hence this is the basic ruling for marriage, and Aisha R.A. was mature when she was married. Hope this helps.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuhammadHamza1
05-21-2017, 01:05 PM
Shall I end answer tour question in a mannee that will remove doubts from your minds?
https://islamqa.info/en/178318

MuhammadHamza1
05-21-2017, 01:06 PM
With regards to marriage of Ayesha R.A.
I have posted an article "Explaining the marriage of Ayesha R.A"
Refer to it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.