/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Listening to the sounds of nature is soothing

Serinity
03-07-2017, 09:21 PM
:salam:

I was just thinking, I saw a video on youtube about rain falling, it sounded so good, and snow and ice cracks, and the wind, all together.

Makes me think that The sounds of nature which Allah :Swt: has created is soo beautiful.

The sound of rain and ice makes me soo relaxed. Idk why.. Unlike music which makes me stressful. tbh. in comparison

Can someone explain?

PS. I read in the comments section someone rage at someone for praising God, and stuff. People really get mad looooooooool. Especially when Allah is mentioned.

Would it be haram for me to listen to a video where the comments section is full of haters of Islam??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
03-07-2017, 10:10 PM
To the brains those slow, whoosing voices of water or waves are the sounds of non-threats. They, as well as the low frequency sounds, decrease blood pressure, soothes the heart rate and by this way, help to relax. These calming sounds can also block out noises that the brain would interpret as threats.

Butterfly
03-08-2017, 01:15 AM

Its raining here today! And yes, its very calming and soothing. I absolutely loves it when it rains.

azc
03-08-2017, 02:25 AM
Since nature is involved in zikrullah..... and zikr bears peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
03-08-2017, 09:44 AM

Would it be haram for me to keep listening to that, while there are people in the comment section raging their kufr?

Simple_Person
03-08-2017, 11:12 AM
I have been experimenting with this last 2 months or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nwn-TZfFUI

When it is cold outside..just concentrate on this sound..and you suddenly get it warm..;D.

Also i have been pondering about it that indeed MAYBE other sounds besides natural sounds are disrupting the frequency of the heart. For example when your heart has reached the frequency of the fitrah suddenly hearing music..is very disturbing. I have also experimented with this that if you even hear music in the background it becomes very disrupting to my thoughts. When i hear sounds of nature i do not have that.

I played that video via Google Chrome cast on the tv and put in on a low volume. I could work better, i had suddenly a lot more motivation to do stuff.

sister herb
03-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Don´t read the comment section. How commenting something what is halal would make it haram? If there is reciting of the Quran in Youtube and someone comment it badly, does it make reciting haram?

Supernova
03-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Asalaamualaykum
Simply ignore the comments.
The actual content of the media you watching or listening to defines the halaal from the haraam - not the comments.

Serinity
03-08-2017, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Don´t read the comment section. How commenting something what is halal would make it haram? If there is reciting of the Quran in Youtube and someone comment it badly, does it make reciting haram?
you are right. If someone was raging in the comments section, etc. In a video where the Quraan is being recited, would it make it haram to watch the video? No,

why is that? Because The Quraan is more important than them, so yeah.. but this is different isn't it? Or am I overthinking?
@Simple_Person

Yeah. Listening to natural sounds does not give me the same vibes as listening to Music. You know ASMR? The chilling feeling of relaxation?

It just makes me feel less "imprisoned". To listen to the sounds outside. with music it feels like your brain is concentrating too much on the music, whilst with nature sounds, it seems to not..

sister herb
03-08-2017, 11:36 AM
If you are still worry about bad comments, try to listen your rain from some other channel than YouTube or some where haven´t comment section. Here is one option, where you can also edit the sounds of rain so it will be the best just for your own ears:

https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/ra...eGenerator.php

And no bad comments at all. Have a nice rain.

ZeeshanParvez
03-08-2017, 01:47 PM
I once read a research which claimed that listening to sounds of nature for 2 hours can reduce stress levels by 200%

Serinity
03-08-2017, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
I once read a research which claimed that listening to sounds of nature for 2 hours can reduce stress levels by 200%
Idk but I feel much more earthed and grounded when I lsisten to sounds of nature. Allahu alam, but I feel calmer, and it is easier to think..

I like rain the most.

Kiro
03-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Serinity germs are spreading!

Serinity
03-08-2017, 04:05 PM
If you are still worry about bad comments, try to listen your rain from some other channel than YouTube or some where haven´t comment section. Here is one option, where you can also edit the sounds of rain so it will be the best just for your own ears:

https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/ra...eGenerator.php

And no bad comments at all. Have a nice rain.

umbrellasmiley 1?1292867693 -
Aren't they artificial sounds? are they Musical Instruments (thus haram)?
@Kiro , Germs? Don't you like the sound of nature while you slash your swords against your enemies? Whilst 20.000 people advancing against you with their swords, while you stand by yourself, your own man army? (By the Help of Allah only obv)

sister herb
03-08-2017, 05:54 PM
They sound like someone has recorded the sound of rain but we can´t to be 100% sure without contacting the company and asking. Same problem may be also with some of YouTube videos. If you want to be sure about the source of voices, you better wait the next rainy weather.

noraina
03-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

You live in the UK, right? There is plenty of opportunity to listen to rain here, lol.

But you're right, the sounds of nature are beautiful and soothing. It reminds of that ayat in the Qur'an, paraphrasing here but it is written that the heavens and the earth and the creatures within it are constantly praising Allah swt...when you think of it like that it is so profound.

Whenever it rains, I always open the window just so that I can listen to it falling, rain is such a blessing alhamdulillah. And whenever I'm in the garden, I can hear the sparrows and my chickens just gently clucking, it's just so peaceful.

Serinity
03-08-2017, 08:06 PM

Makes me think - Does the Earth and its creatures (birds, water, mountains, air, wind) praise Allah :swt: when such beautiful sounds emerge?

Btw, I don't live in UK. But in Denmark lol. It seems like it rains a lot there in UK. I've always liked rain. I don't get why people don't like it.

Imagine how rough our days would be if the birds did not make their sounds, and etc. Imagine if there wasn't this harmony. When you think about it, all these sounds make up for such a harmony, SubhanAllah.

Unlike what many believe, we believe everything is created by Allah.

Now Imagine, reciting and listening to the Qur'aan whilst also listening to the sounds of nature. I wonder how that'll feel like. Since there are obvious benefits to both.

And Allah :swt. knows best.

azc
03-08-2017, 08:13 PM
this thread reminds me of William wordsworth

anatolian
03-08-2017, 08:17 PM
The more we get away from the nature and fall in this unnatural life we get more stressed and the more we do reverse we find more peace "naturally"..We live in the apartments, work in the offices and we rarely touch the earth, maybe it rains all the day but sometimes we are not even aware of it, and we look at the computure screens more than trees..

sister herb
03-08-2017, 08:33 PM
"we look at the computure screens more than trees"

^ Our generation has found solution to this problem:

they put a picture of trees to their computer´s screen image.

:facepalm:

Serinity
03-08-2017, 08:34 PM

The sounds make it very easy to sleep at night. Less stress. more calm thoughts. I like all kinds of nature sounds but my favourites are:

Rain (when outside and inside, Rain on an umbrella / or any object, especially nearby rivers and grass, etc.) I like rain's smell and sounds. And its effects. (especially when in nature). I find that rain is much more relaxing when inside forests / nature, than inside the city.
The smell of Summer and warm weather.
Ice, and icecracks, Blizzards, pretty much Antarctis. (you know the Ice-land up north)

At Fajr till Sunrise, that must be the time where the air, and everything else is most fresh. Especially the wind, and smell of nature. Because that is when it is most purified from the pollutions of mankind.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

noraina
03-08-2017, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Makes me think - Does the Earth and its creatures (birds, water, mountains, air, wind) praise Allah :swt: when such beautiful sounds emerge?

Btw, I don't live in UK. But in Denmark lol. It seems like it rains a lot there in UK. I've always liked rain. I don't get why people don't like it.

Imagine how rough our days would be if the birds did not make their sounds, and etc. Imagine if there wasn't this harmony. When you think about it, all these sounds make up for such a harmony, SubhanAllah.

Unlike what many believe, we believe everything is created by Allah.

Now Imagine, reciting and listening to the Qur'aan whilst also listening to the sounds of nature. I wonder how that'll feel like. Since there are obvious benefits to both.

And Allah :swt. knows best.
Wa alaykum assalam

I once read that the earth and the creatures upon it are constantly praising Allah swt, someone else can clarify this as I'm not too sure.

There is that hadith saying when a rooster crows it is because they have seen an angel...nature is such an insightful way to see the signs of Allah swt.

For some reason I assumed you were from England, I don't know why. It does rain a lot here, we're 'infamous' for the rainfall we have. But I honestly don't understand why people complain so much, lol. It is such a blessing alhamdulillah. I think we should particularly appreciate it as the Prophet :saws: lived in the desert for his whole life - where water and rainfall is so scarce.

It's raining as I type this - I can hear it against the windows, subhanAllah.

sister herb
03-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Oh how I miss the sound of rain. It´s very rare here at the winter time. Unfortunately we can´t talk about sound of snowing as it´s so silent.

M.I.A.
03-08-2017, 10:57 PM
rain is awesome..

even as an icecream salesman..

i appreciate the rain.

...as a politician i enjoy summers also.

Simple_Person
03-09-2017, 05:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam

I once read that the earth and the creatures upon it are constantly praising Allah swt, someone else can clarify this as I'm not too sure.

There is that hadith saying when a rooster crows it is because they have seen an angel...nature is such an insightful way to see the signs of Allah swt.

For some reason I assumed you were from England, I don't know why. It does rain a lot here, we're 'infamous' for the rainfall we have. But I honestly don't understand why people complain so much, lol. It is such a blessing alhamdulillah. I think we should particularly appreciate it as the Prophet :saws: lived in the desert for his whole life - where water and rainfall is so scarce.

It's raining as I type this - I can hear it against the windows, subhanAllah.
Just the other day I found out that rain water contains nitrogen. Which is very beneficial for plant growth. Since 2014 I have appreciated rain and not seeing weather as something to complain about. I heard from a brother if you complain about rain is the small kuffr, because this also comes from Allah(swt). Since I knew about rain containing nitrogen I don't look at rain even as normal water anymore. Seeing yet more the blessing in it.

http://sciencing.com/rainwater-conta...ogen-8461.html

noraina
03-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Oh how I miss the sound of rain. It´s very rare here at the winter time. Unfortunately we can´t talk about sound of snowing as it´s so silent.
I miss the snow - and its silence just make it even more mysterious. White, fluffy flakes just drifting silently down...

sister herb
03-09-2017, 08:21 AM
I miss the snow - and its silence just make it even more mysterious. White, fluffy flakes just drifting silently down...
You see, where ever we live, Allah has remembered us with something amazing and mysterious; raining or snowing. But of course, we get raining too at the other seasons.

Simple_Person
03-09-2017, 08:32 AM
http://news.psu.edu/story/141325/200...-really-unique

Remember this part...

"However, says Verlinde, two molecularly different ice crystals may look nearly identical, even under a microscope, making the question of whether every snowflake is unique more complicated. "You have to decide what you mean by 'unique.' Molecularly, yes. But if you constrain your definition to visual distinctions, you will find some that are very similar looking, and you'll have a different answer to your question," says Verlinde."

very similar doesn't mean the look the same. I as a man may look very much like you as a woman as we both are human beings, however if we look closely you do not look anything like me XD.

This word play is often used in such articles, which would give you a totally different other conclusion by saying "there are snowflakes that look EXACTLY the same, while reality is not at all the same". This i was couple of years ago with a article that said scientists have found the origin of homosexuality. In the article they were talking about within the creation of the embryo and the characteristics of a human being coming from this and that .."MAY" be this or "MAY' be that. These simple words people easily forget as they follow their desires as to what THEY want the truth to be. This word play you will almost find always within Atheistic world view. Maybe this maybe that..based on this maybe this happened. Well maybe i was a millionaire and maybe forget that i was one.. =_=!.

Serinity
03-09-2017, 10:00 AM
It is obvious to the one who thinks the benefits of rain and nature itself.

What about Snowflakes that make noise??

sister herb
03-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Hails make noise but are they same as snowing or snowflakes? I haven´t never heard noisy snowing.

Simple_Person
03-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Hails make noise but are they same as snowing or snowflakes? I haven´t never heard noisy snowing.
But why doesn't snow make noise? I mean there must be a reason behind it right? Not because it is very light and thus it does not make noise. Allah(swt) could also make things that are light..make noise and things that are heavy don't make noise. So shouldn't there be some kind of wisdom behind it? I argue that there must be..

What does logic say? Things that don't make noise, are noticeable by other senses. Snow doesn't give sent..or taste or sound.

What remains is, sight, touch... What is the wisdom behind this?

So far as what we have seen is by bring int sight is that we SEE the uniqueness of snowflake crystals. Which by logic and rational is contradictory to things happening by chance(atheism). If something might happen by chance the chance that the same outcome might occur is far greater then by intelligent design when we talk about MADE BY SOMEONE. As in case of intelligent design the One in charge is aware what already has been made, so doesn't repeat or remake something that has already been made.

Btw, i just recently found out about "snow glare", that can make somebody go blind. What was given as a solution to this problem was putting charcoal below the eyes. This immediately made me think about the sunnah of blacken the sides around the eyes.

Serinity
03-09-2017, 11:13 AM

Dude, we ourselves are intelligent. If anything, if we talk about intelligent life, we can talk about ourselves. If we really are made by chance (which is fantasy) then how come doctors don't let kids do surgeries??

Everything in surgery has to be done with care and consideration, and KNOWLEDGE. If you go into a surgery with no knowlegde of it, you will fail and mess up.

So why is it that the atheists require that one must know what to do, before it is done? for one a can not make something except with knowledge of it. yet they say this is made by chance.. so contradictory, because one can not make something except by knowledge. Especially the Universe and its grand scale.

We know that if an ignorant with no knowledge of it, would go in and do a surgery, would fail miserably. Especially if we talk about a handicapped person. so what about the Universe and ourselves?

Anyways, think about it, we were created from a semen emitted, lifeless, soul-less body, and we were given life, isn't THAT Creator able to resurrect the dead?? (I read an Ayaat speaking about this)

Simple_Person
03-09-2017, 11:55 AM

Dude, we ourselves are intelligent. If anything, if we talk about intelligent life, we can talk about ourselves. If we really are made by chance (which is fantasy) then how come doctors don't let kids do surgeries??

Everything in surgery has to be done with care and consideration, and KNOWLEDGE. If you go into a surgery with no knowlegde of it, you will fail and mess up.

So why is it that the atheists require that one must know what to do, before it is done? for one a can not make something except with knowledge of it. yet they say this is made by chance.. so contradictory, because one can not make something except by knowledge. Especially the Universe and its grand scale.

We know that if an ignorant with no knowledge of it, would go in and do a surgery, would fail miserably. Especially if we talk about a handicapped person. so what about the Universe and ourselves?

Anyways, think about it, we were created from a semen emitted, lifeless, soul-less body, and we were given life, isn't THAT Creator able to resurrect the dead?? (I read an Ayaat speaking about this)
The one argument is more clearer to each person. The argument that i gave with the snowflakes is clear to person X being an atheist. The argument you gave is clearer to person Y being an atheist. For the believer both arguments make sense off course. So the ayaat that Allah(swt) gives to us are a means of conviction and cause of pondering. As Allah(swt) has taken upon Himself to show His ayaat to every person before he/she dies. So even to take myself as an example as i used to be an atheist. I have known that snowflake crystals are unique, however that has never made me ponder about the creation of it. However another sign was the cause for me to ponder about it. Now alhamdulillah for each and every sign that i see is confirmation of a Creator. Also i see them much earlier then before.

Serinity
03-09-2017, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
The one argument is more clearer to each person. The argument that i gave with the snowflakes is clear to person X being an atheist. The argument you gave is clearer to person Y being an atheist. For the believer both arguments make sense off course. So the ayaat that Allah(swt) gives to us are a means of conviction and cause of pondering. As Allah(swt) has taken upon Himself to show His ayaat to every person before he/she dies. So even to take myself as an example as i used to be an atheist. I have known that snowflake crystals are unique, however that has never made me ponder about the creation of it. However another sign was the cause for me to ponder about it. Now alhamdulillah for each and every sign that i see is confirmation of a Creator. Also i see them much earlier then before.
So you are saying from this hardship that I am in, Allah will show me a sign out of?? Or a way out? Because I have been going at 1 hardship for almost 1 year and a half.

Grandad
03-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Hailstones form inside thunder clouds (cumulonimbus). The lower regions of these clouds contain warm air; but in their upper regions (up to fifty-thousand feet) the air is freezing. Violent updrafts within the clouds circulate the raindrops, causing them to freeze and freeze again, in layers of ice. The more a hailstone circulates before, eventually, falling to earth the bigger it becomes. By the way, it‘s this violent circulation of air that makes cumulonimbus dangerous for aircraft.

Simple_Person
03-09-2017, 12:23 PM
So you are saying from this hardship that I am in, Allah will show me a sign out of?? Or a way out? Because I have been going at 1 hardship for almost 1 year and a half.
No, you have misunderstood the comment. There are people who do not believe in a Creator. As reference to atheism. Within atheism there are indeed honest and dishonest people. What i meant in my comment is that Allah(swt) has took upon Himself to show His signs to every one of us if we are not Muslims. However one sign is for me that i might ponder/become Muslim, while that same sign might have any effect on somebody else who might also not be a Muslim. However some other sign might make him ponder/become Muslim.

About calamity the only advice that i have to a fellow Muslim is two things. Patience and pondering. With pondering comes observation. After hardship comes ease that is for sure, however it is up to you to also find (observe to find) the ease. For example a millionaire might suddenly SERIOUSLY become poor as having NO MONEY whatsoever with that no house or food. The hardship is suddenly having nothing anymore. The ease might be that he suddenly gets money and food and shelter. However the person that was once a millionaire might THINK the EASE is becoming millionaire once again. While the ease is having some money and food and shelter. As the perspective from Islam is fulfilling the heart with contentment and get the basic things. Materialism doesn't give contentment.

So if you are going through hardship ask yourself, what is the benefit why i have lost what i have lost/going through this hardship? Somebody for example might suddenly have no job. But having no job for a some time has also its blessings. As the time that you aren't searching for a job, you spend with your family or gain knowledge and understand of the deen. This reminds me for example of Khalid ibn Walid that he later on was very thankful of Umar ibn Khattab for getting him out of battle. This way he gained much knowledge about the deen, that before he couldn't have.

sister herb
03-09-2017, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
But why doesn't snow make noise?
Maybe it´s sometimes good also listen the silence itself. ;)

Simple_Person
03-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Maybe it´s sometimes good also listen the silence itself. ;)
I do not "not agree" ;).

talibilm
03-09-2017, 02:47 PM

I was just thinking, I saw a video on youtube about rain falling, it sounded so good, and snow and ice cracks, and the wind, all together.

Makes me think that The sounds of nature which Allah :Swt: has created is soo beautiful.

The sound of rain and ice makes me soo relaxed. Idk why.. Unlike music which makes me stressful. tbh. in comparison

Can someone explain?

PS. I read in the comments section someone rage at someone for praising God, and stuff. People really get mad looooooooool. Especially when Allah is mentioned.

Would it be haram for me to listen to a video where the comments section is full of haters of Islam??
:sl:

such sounds of running stream would be heard too in jannah is what i deduce since there will be many streams there and the jannatis will make it to flow and pass by near them is found in noble quran.

ardianto
03-11-2017, 04:03 PM
If you really love the sound of nature you must listen to it on the nature, not in your room through audio. ;)

noraina
03-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Another sound I love is in autumn when the tress rustle in the wind - followed by a shower of yellow, orange and red leaves subhanAllah.

sister herb
03-11-2017, 05:10 PM
That´s lovely too but I prefer not to remember sounds and colors of the autumn at this time of the year. The spring and summer first...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.