/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Everyone!

EOLS
03-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Hello! I hope you are doing well. This is a little long; I apologize.

I'm a Christian, but I would like to learn about Islam to have a better understanding of it / the lifestyle beyond what I have been spoon-fed my entire life. I'd rather learn and come to my own conclusions / understanding.

Through the Internet I have been blessed enough to befriend some Muslims in Guyana, Ghana, and southern India. They tell me about some of the struggles they face (whether it's Islamophobia or their own personal obstacles), their joys, and they have been trying to explain the Qu'ran to me.

Even with how thorough and patient my friends are, there is terminology and historical background to / in the Qu'ran that I do not understand . . . or at the very least, that I do not completely comprehend to its fullness. Also, since my friends come from different Islamic denominations, their slightly-differing interpretations or teachings on subjects leave me confused. I'm concerned that my lack of understanding will lead to misunderstanding / misconceptions about Islam, which I would rather avoid doing.

While I read the Qu'ran I will be coming here occasionally to read information posted by people, as well as to ask questions about things I am confused about in hope of explanation. Or to ask for sources to read alongside the Qu'ran so that I can better understand historical or symbolic significance of its teachings, wisdom, or guidance.

I only ask, and hope, that as I come to ask for help or guidance you will be patient with me. I'm new to this and thus a little slow to catch on to lessons, words, or significance.

Thank you for reading, and for the future help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
03-08-2017, 06:09 PM
welcome! :)

sister herb
03-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Peace with you and welcome to forum. We have here some other Christians too and you and your questions are the most welcomed. We are happy if we can help you to understand this religion and people whose practice it a little better.

:welcome:

Al Sultan
03-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Welcome, and please don't be shy to ask questions, we would love to help you understand anything in Islam! Wishing you a great stay :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
03-08-2017, 11:12 PM
Greetings and peace be with you EOLS; and welcome to the forum,

They are a friendly bunch here, so just keep asking questions, they like to help.

Blessings,

Eric

ruglifeTX
03-16-2017, 02:14 AM
Welcome ! You are in the right spot to get answers . Keep an open mind and realize we are people and have various views but at the end of the day pray to the same God.

eesa the kiwi
03-16-2017, 08:26 AM
welcome

this is a pretty friendly place inshaAllah (God willing) you will find the answers you seek,
i just want to recommend a couple of sites to you
the first is www.islamreligion.com they have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions. i found these guys super useful Alhamdulilah (All praise is due to God) so highly encourage you to check them out

the second site is http://www.qtafsir.com/ this is a site where you can look up verses of the quran and see how the islamic scholars have interpreted such verses. inshaAllah this will be of use to you as when you are reading quran you may want to know a bit more about what you are reading

anyway i hope your stay here will be beneficial, if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask, we are here for you inshaAllah

Simple_Person
03-16-2017, 10:27 AM
Welcome to the forum sister,

I hope you will have a good time here, as i myself am also kind of new here, these people are nice and understanding. They provide good advises and Islamic knowledge compared to other places i have tried to be. My advice, do not feel shy to ask out of curiosity and honesty.

Also not to forget as you are new here, beware around the corner there is a wasp nest hanging on the lower tree branch. Do not hit your head against it or you will be in big trouble :). A bit further to the left is the flower garden. As spring is gonna start soon God willing, you will see more members chilling there. Enjoy your stay :).

greenhill
03-16-2017, 11:05 AM
Welcome to the forum.

It is always heart warming to hear people doing their own research to find out for themselves things.. This is as good a place as any to ask if not amongst the most conducive.

You see, islam is about 'the way of life' the AlMighty God, Allah has prescribed for all mankind since Adam (pbuh). Reminders and lessons have come in the past via the various prophets sent for those times. But as the devil (syaitaan) made the oath, he mislead them each time the messengers were sent. Hence why we have the 3 different Books and also why they are quite a lot alike. Although Allah has kept the Quran intact, the followers are not quite, because syaitaan has had his influence over the hearts...

To know more and get a sound understanding as to what really islam is about I suggest that you read the stories of the 25 prophets of islam. It is believed that there were 124,000 prophets sent throughout the times of whom only 25 were mentioned in the Quran, some in greater detail than others. Some by name only. I think you will find it interesting.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!