/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Increasing Secularization of American Muslims

IsmailRoyer
03-09-2017, 02:46 AM
I recently wrote an essay on my blog about the increasing secularization of American Muslims. https://agoodtree.net/2017/03/07/ame...m-drift-apart/ I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing and if you agree or disagree with my essay.

Here's an excerpt:

The American Muslim community has whole-heartedly embraced modern American grievance-based culture, and specifically the left-wing version, both as an expression of Islamic-civilizational-collapse syndrome and as a means of defending and advancing community interests. In embracing this mentality, the American Muslim community has quite consciously and willingly sacrificed Islam’s core role as the source of spiritual and societal order....

The Islam of the American Muslim community is morphing into a cultural identity whose defining components are not spiritual and moral substance but rather victimhood and resentment of the dominant culture’s “oppression.”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.