/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is that voice ?

budi
03-10-2017, 03:51 AM
Assalamualaikum.
My Brothers and Sisters,

Maybe it's a little bit strange or giving you a "hah?" feeling. But i just wanna ask you something.
It is strange that i have something in my mind that keep talking whatever happen. For example if i want to do this, it says "Don't do it. You know that you have something to do." or if i got lost somewhere or don't know where to go, i talked to myself "Where should i go ?" and the voice says "I think that way."
You will find it as something... that,
- Gaaah, it's just a voice. Nothing special. Everyone has it.
- Don't tell a fake story please.
- You are hallucinating.

and sometimes i lose control of it like saying bad words or y'know... 'bad' things.
But sometimes it told me to "Take wudu first and then you can go to sleep" or "Hey wake up! Allah has woken you up"(in the night).

and sometimes it makes me confused in doing something. A simple thing becomes big and complicated.
Is that a sickness or gift ? Should i cure and remove it or keep it ? What should i do... ?
May Allah give us guidance in our life.

*: anyway, i always alone in my bedroom and not too much talk. I'm a quiet and calm person.
"cmiiw"

Thanks before.
Wassalamualaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
03-10-2017, 02:26 PM

Allah has woken you up

i was with you until then.. no voice of mine has proclaimed to be god.

although numerous corrections and wrong thoughts are remembered.
so what are you like in company?

its not really something i should talk to you about really.. depending on how its made use of..

see a health professional.

Scimitar
03-10-2017, 02:34 PM
MIA you need serious help bro, more than the OP

Scimi

M.I.A.
03-10-2017, 02:45 PM
allah swt helps those that help themselves.. right?

the difference between me and him is.. that i know im crazy.

...lets be honest for a moment..

id suppose everyone has an internal voice(s)..

most people just dont hear it.

dont worry, once i get lost i wont too..

i dont need help..

all people need to know is that im playing at a disadvantage.

what viel over the eyes? or over the heart? or over the ears?

...you dont need to worry about it.

so glad i dont have to run from the police.

believe me when i say..

there is a completely different world out there..

for those that are any less than normal.

wheres the help for people who live with metaphorical glasses?

pop a few of these my friend.. sleep the rest of the day.

i feel very passionately about mental health.

i did my dissertation in personality studies "/

im sorry to even talk about it but it seems to be a very common problem at the moment..

im not sure how people get back to a state of normality? or how people should live there lives?

...welcome to ib

..at least we are not debating the existence of god.

..or the telephone o_o

i dont know if you could make anything of this?

Amir b Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas reported (on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) addressing 'Ali said:
You are in the same position with relation to me as Aaron (Harun) was in relation to Moses but with (this explicit difference) that there is no prophet after me. Sa'd said: I had an earnest desire to hear it directly from Sa'd, so I met him and narrated to him what (his son) Amir had narrated to me, whereupon he said: Yes, I did hear it. I said: Did you hear it yourself? Thereupon he placed his fingers upon his ears and said: Yes, and if not, let both my ears become deaf.

..from another thread.

may allah swt protect us from the evil of our own selves and the evil of the shaitan and his followers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
03-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Are you using cowardice as an excuse to be indifferent? :D

Scimi

M.I.A.
03-10-2017, 03:50 PM
lol..

guaranteed you would have to pick other things to aim at.

...and may every word be taken into account.

insha'allah.

please.

do go on.

..or is that not how it works?

honestly i am far beyond fear for myself at this point..

all we do is keep it moving.
but fear transgression.

fear the cost of worldly pursuit.

fear allah swt..

because what the world does while it is asleep..

cannot be done when it is awake.

but you cant ever pretend to be a thing.
i would hope they move through your happiness.

if it ever works that way.

lol id probably trip over my own feet if you look at me funny.

ita not for you to ask who you are.

Scimitar
03-10-2017, 04:09 PM
No idea what you are talking about bro, as usual :)

Scimi

M.I.A.
03-10-2017, 04:20 PM
same here i googled it and no clue? maybe i remember it incorrectly o_o

hate it when that happens.

Scimitar
03-10-2017, 04:22 PM

ardianto
03-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Waalaikumsalam, brother Budi. Welcome to the forum. From Indonesia?.

I've ever heard shaytan talked in my mind, I've ever hear jinn voice that talked to me by my ear. But these experiences were different than what you experienced now. So I guess, the voice in your mind is not shaytan voice, or jinn voice. But actually your own voice.

Okay, bro, you said that you are a quiet and calm person, who always alone on your bedroom. People like this often speak in monologue in their minds. Some of them imagine themselves talk to other people and say anything they want to say. Some other speak to themselves which including ask themselves and answered by themselves. In some cases the habit in second category can make the mind trained to respond the question that asked by this person in his mind, and it cause a dialogue in mind. Seem like this is what happen to you now.

AbdurRahman.
03-10-2017, 10:45 PM
Waalaikumsalam

brother try to stay in company of other people and not spend too much time alone; the satan gets us when were alone and spending too much time alone can result in 'mental problems' which them voices are, but it hasn't taken a strong hold on you yet and you can still get rid of it but you have to not feed the satan by staying alone!

sister herb
03-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Salam alaykum

Studies show that few percent of people hear voices continually and 20 to 30 % few times during their life. When a person hears them, the very same parts of the cerebral cortex in brain will activate than when he hears real voices. Technical term, those "voices" are not the imagination - person really hears them (but others don´t of course). Normally they may occur with stress, traumatic situation or when you have just woke up from the deep sleep and in some cases central nervous system infections or metabolic diseases. If they don´t disturb your normal life, there is no need to worry. But if they come often and blame, teasing, profane, give orders, oppress, it may be a reason to meet a doctor.

So, it depends how you feel with your voices; if they feel disturbing, they might be a reason to find help but if you feel they don´t harm your life, you can see them as a gift.

M.I.A.
03-10-2017, 11:11 PM
yeah..

have you not seen..

a beautiful mind?

Muhaba
03-12-2017, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by budi
Assalamualaikum.
My Brothers and Sisters,

Maybe it's a little bit strange or giving you a "hah?" feeling. But i just wanna ask you something.
It is strange that i have something in my mind that keep talking whatever happen. For example if i want to do this, it says "Don't do it. You know that you have something to do." or if i got lost somewhere or don't know where to go, i talked to myself "Where should i go ?" and the voice says "I think that way."
You will find it as something... that,
- Gaaah, it's just a voice. Nothing special. Everyone has it.
- Don't tell a fake story please.
- You are hallucinating.

and sometimes i lose control of it like saying bad words or y'know... 'bad' things.
But sometimes it told me to "Take wudu first and then you can go to sleep" or "Hey wake up! Allah has woken you up"(in the night).

and sometimes it makes me confused in doing something. A simple thing becomes big and complicated.
Is that a sickness or gift ? Should i cure and remove it or keep it ? What should i do... ?
May Allah give us guidance in our life.

*: anyway, i always alone in my bedroom and not too much talk. I'm a quiet and calm person.
"cmiiw"

Thanks before.
Wassalamualaikum
Brother, your mind may talk to you but you will know it's you and not some separate entity talking to you. Basically those would just be your own thoughts but for example instead of you thinking "I shouldn't do this this way" you would be thinking "you shouldn't do this this way." But that is just you thinking to yourself and not some separate voice.

But in your case, it seems like a separate voice. It may be the shaytan. In that case, ignoring it will make it go away. On the other hand, it might be a mental disorder, like a split personality or delusion, and in that case, you should get medical health. In any case, you should not listen to the voice, lest it makes you do harmful things. Recite the duas and Ruqyas for protection against shaytan and for shifa (healing).

May Allah cure you.

To some of the other respondents in this thread, you should be ashamed of yourselves for making this into a joke. The brother asked for health advice about a potential serious issue. It's sad to see the inconsiderate behavior here.

M.I.A.
03-12-2017, 08:12 PM
..i find the easiest way to remove it from yourself is a good converstion with someone else..

conversations have a mind of there own.

...its the alone time that seems to be doing it.

mental health is no joke..

unfortunately if people cant stand each other when they talk out aloud that is a differing matter.

finding a middle ground is difficult.

finding an acceptable middleground requires intellect one would take for granted.

may allah swt grant us good character.
takin it back to mordor.

ardianto
03-13-2017, 12:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhaba
It may be the shaytan.
Shaytan voice occur only in situation when there is a chance to do something wrong, and this voice is always urging us to take this chance and do something wrong. But in brother Budi case I don't see that voice urging him to do something wrong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.