/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Super obligatory fasting

Bobbyflay23
03-11-2017, 03:19 AM
Everybody in my family says I shouldn't fast on days other then mondays and thursdays because i wouldn't be following the prophet Mohamads sali Ali wassalums sunnah is this true is it better or worse to fast extra days other then Monday and Thursday

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bobbyflay23
03-11-2017, 03:20 AM
Ps it's not exactly everybody it's just a few uncles and my dad

Blueflame
03-11-2017, 07:48 AM
Supererogatry fasts you mean[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

sister herb
03-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Supererogatory you mean. Spectacular word. ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
03-11-2017, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Everybody in my family says I shouldn't fast on days other then mondays and thursdays because i wouldn't be following the prophet Mohamads sali Ali wassalums sunnah is this true is it better or worse to fast extra days other then Monday and Thursday
Asalaamualaykum:

It is a very admirable quality to fast out of Ramadaan in todays era taking the condition of the ummah into account. So firstly may Allah SWT bless both you and your family for that righteous deed.

You are also very fortunate to have a supportive family upon the Sunnah.

Unfortunately i think your family has a slight misunderstanding in Fiqh regarding this topic.

It is an undisputed fact that fasting on Mondays & Thursdays is regarded as a Sunnah. (I have never came across a refutation on this)

However - there is no hadith that discourages Nafl fasting on other days (besides the impermissible days to fast). If you family is trying to encourage fasting on Mondays & Thursdays from a point of Virtue of rewards, then they are correct BUT if they regarding fasting on other days (except the impressible days) as Haraam, then they are incorrect.

Speak to a scholar within your acceptable circle to explain it to you.
Wasalaam.

AbdurRahman.
03-11-2017, 07:50 PM
well if they're super obligatory they must be more important than obligatory right? :Emoji46::Emoji46:

you can infact fast every day of the year if you wanted to except Eid days and five days of Eidh al adha, however if you fast occasionally, then better to keep the particular 'sunnah days'

'Abd-al Latif
03-11-2017, 07:54 PM
Wow super obligatory. That's like...double obligatory! Like really really obligatory ;D

Bobbyflay23
03-11-2017, 08:00 PM
Wassalaykum and guys chill I didn't feel like going on Google and looking up how to type it correctly

Bobbyflay23
03-11-2017, 08:01 PM
Tha thank you tho for that information

'Abd-al Latif
03-11-2017, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Wassalaykum and guys chill I didn't feel like going on Google and looking up how to type it correctly
Lol sorry bro I couldn't help it.

Kiro
03-11-2017, 08:16 PM
nani?

AbdurRahman.
03-11-2017, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
nani?
nani???

where that come from bro? whats nani or dadha got to do with this? it's his sassa's and abba that objects! :Emoji46:

Kiro
03-11-2017, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
nani???

where that come from bro? whats nani or dadha got to do with this? it's his sassa's and abba that objects! :Emoji46:
It means what

Aaqib
03-11-2017, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
It means what
Kwa Kiswahili

Kiro
03-11-2017, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
Kwa Kiswahili
Enough drivel

Abu Bakar
03-13-2017, 02:05 PM
Fasting everyday instead , never not .

Scimitar
03-13-2017, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Supererogatory you mean. Spectacular word. ;D
format_quote Originally Posted by Blueflame
Supererogatry fasts you mean[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
well if they're super obligatory
Supplementary fasting is not "obligatory" nor is it "super-obligatory" or that other ridiculous word which doesn't fit the understanding either.

The word is "SUPPLEMENTARY FASTING".

Buy a dictionary, lol

Scimi

Butterfly
03-13-2017, 11:30 PM
This thread made me laugh. May Allah bless you all.

Ahmadz
03-14-2017, 09:58 AM
Why not fasting at everyday , is that forbidden ?

'Abd-al Latif
03-14-2017, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmadz
Why not fasting at everyday , is that forbidden ?
It's makrooh. Some would even argue it's haram. The reason is because your body has a right over you and so do other people. The Prophet :saws1: said the best way to fast is to fast as Prophet Dawood used to by fasting every other day.

Just don't fast so much that not only only does it become obligatory, it becomes super obligatory. Like super duper obligatory. Super!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.