/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Showing arms and legs?

AllahWillJudge
03-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Being new to Islam, studying it with my brothers here in Sweden, I came across this woman who I can't believe isn't a kafir. Wearing the hijab and bearing your legs (including thighs) and arms is so haram I don't know how she could even consider it a good idea.

Allahs words about modesty is what made me study the nobel Quran in the first place. The west is falling down fast and corrupting the last modest women on this planet I'm afraid.

Can someone help me understand this, please.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
03-11-2017, 10:15 AM
:salams

Modesty is determined by what you wear lol.

So is the one who walks naked on the streets like the one who does not? She is literally going against Islamic dresscode.. There is modesty in speech, and modesty in appearance.

Allah guide her, Ameen.

Allahu alam.

Simple_Person
03-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the forum brother,

You will find A LOT...and i mean A LOT of Muslims and people who call themselves Muslims and even people of other faiths about this issue. You will see sisters dressing the most confused kind of clothing that even by western standards would be a bit too far ..yet they say they are Muslim and Allah will judge them etc. etc.

You will find people of other faiths that wear very modest clothes that are suited for most practicing Muslim sisters yet them being for example atheist or so. My advice to you is..leave them be, as often they KNOW it is a no-go according to Islam. But some have a lot of personal issues and inner struggles. These women often are looking for attention. Good or bad attention doesn't matter as long as they get attention. So if you would even talk to this sister about her clothes, she might get "offended" but you could say some even get "satisfied" from this attention..because you "noticed" her.

Just lower your gaze and walk on. By NOT "noticing" women, they get more annoyed. This can have two outcomes. She tries even more her best to get your attention OR she feels ashamed as you do not give her the attention she is wanting. Knowing that you as a male maybe feel disgusted to look at something like that so to say as you are a practicing Muslim.

I have in the past experimented with this. Very strangely is that among ALL the guys at work back then ..all of them giving certain girl attention. I was the only one NOT doing that. I did not talk to her, i did not greet her, i did not look at her i tried to be as far away from her as possible. Later on she had asked a friend of mine who was a former classmate of her why i ignored her ..or if i was very religious. I mean a lot of young guys worked there and i was simply one among them. Yet i was being noticed of all of them as my behavior didn't go according to standards of men. These kind of events stick to somebody's mind even years later.

noraina
03-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Allah swt knows best what such people think. I strongly believe everybody is on their own journey towards Allah swt, we have no idea from where they started and what struggles they faced to be where they are now...

But yet some of these people are also unwilling to take any form of advice, and things like this really prevent your progress in your deen, when you are so arrogant as to ignore the advice of others.

There was a time I didn't wear hijab, and wouldn't hear anything about it. Yet when I opened my heart, and this beautiful sister advised me, I actually listened to what she said and it led me to where I am now.

When certain people say 'Only Allah swt can judge me', it's odd how they say it as if it is reassuring and means they don't have to try any harder. We should all have a certain 'fear' of Allah's judgement, and that fear should drive us to work even harder to build our good deeds here for our akhirah. It's when you start believing you're fine as you are that you're really in trouble.

Aside from that - I do find it unusual when women justify dressing in an immodest way. Islam is *very* clear on the dress code for women - there is *no* doubt that everything apart from the hands and face should be covered at the very least. May Allah swt guide us all.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
03-11-2017, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Allah swt knows best what such people think. I strongly believe everybody is on their own journey towards Allah swt, we have no idea from where they started and what struggles they faced to be where they are now...

But yet some of these people are also unwilling to take any form of advice, and things like this really prevent your progress in your deen, when you are so arrogant as to ignore the advice of others.

There was a time I didn't wear hijab, and wouldn't hear anything about it. Yet when I opened my heart, and this beautiful sister advised me, I actually listened to what she said and it led me to where I am now.

When certain people say 'Only Allah swt can judge me', it's odd how they say it as if it is reassuring and means they don't have to try any harder. We should all have a certain 'fear' of Allah's judgement, and that fear should drive us to work even harder to build our good deeds here for our akhirah. It's when you start believing you're fine as you are that you're really in trouble.

Aside from that - I do find it unusual when women justify dressing in an immodest way. Islam is *very* clear on the dress code for women - there is *no* doubt that everything apart from the hands and face should be covered at the very least. May Allah swt guide us all.
Asalaamualaykum

Second to last line - "Apart from that" not "Aside" :)

noraina
03-11-2017, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamualaykum

Second to last line - "Apart from that" not "Aside" :)
Wa alaykum assalam,

You reminded me of my English teacher then, :hiding:. Grammar.....

:jz: for the correction tho

Simple_Person
03-11-2017, 05:05 PM

I think everybody has had those moments, but like you said, "But yet some of these people are also unwilling to take any form of advice". When people become blind because of what society presents to them..they do not care. It is even contradicting. Some don't care what "judgement" you have about their clothes, YET they care SOO MUCH about judgement of other besides you. Like "girl you look sexy"..or with guys.."playyyah"..as if this is a good thing :facepalm:.

Or with those women that say "Only Allah can judge me", yet they care SOO MUCH about judgement of guys who see such women as piece of meat. Talking about shallow mindset. I sometimes think they have gone so far astray they can't help themselves anymore to stop dressing those close or guys like dogs chasing after their lusts.

May Allah keep us far far away from having that kind of mindset. Ameen.

Supernova
03-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

You reminded me of my English teacher then, :hiding:. Grammar.....

:jz: for the correction tho
Asalaamualaykum - Don't thump yourself about it - you made many in the past, I just never tell you.

AbdurRahman.
03-11-2017, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AllahWillJudge
Being new to Islam, studying it with my brothers here in Sweden, I came across this woman who I can't believe isn't a kafir. Wearing the hijab and bearing your legs (including thighs) and arms is so haram I don't know how she could even consider it a good idea.

Allahs words about modesty is what made me study the nobel Quran in the first place. The west is falling down fast and corrupting the last modest women on this planet I'm afraid.

Can someone help me understand this, please.
unfortunately a lot of sisters in the west are wearing hijab and tight fit jeans etc,

if they have some sign of Islam on them then we should consider them as muslims and the immodest things as 'weakness' and in this particular sisters case, badness too; i mean exposing the thighs too? ; astagfirullah!

these stupid girls wear hijab as a cultural thing rather than religious and got suck into the kuffar culture!:Emoji19:

Aaqib
03-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Yoga pants are spreading about through Muslim Women, it's shameful. Sexual environments are terrible environments for a Muslim striving to follow his/her religion, people need to read the Quran with tafseer and fear Allah greatly.

Umm♥Layth
03-11-2017, 10:25 PM
ETA: This post is for everyone, not just one person in particular or the OP.

Look, everyone is in a different place in their journey back to Allah. There is no need to call anyone a kafir or stupid and look down on anyone. It isn't nice nor is it something the prophet :saws1: would do.

Women are constantly criticized for what they wear or don't wear both in the Islamic community and outside of it and due to this, the majority of women do not want to hear what anyone has to say about their clothing, especially not men. That's the truth.

Men fall short in the lowering gaze department. Even if a fully naked woman passes by you, your duty is to look down. period. You shouldn't be in a place where you notice what a woman is wearing as your focus should be doing what you are supposed to be doing. Don't go around acting high and mighty because you feel you have some sort of knowledge and are better than a girl with low imaan. Have compassion instead and learn to be a good guardian of your women (mom, sisters, wife, daughters etc).

Every person has to come to a true understanding of their faith on their own, both men and women. A person who is ready to change will have an open heart and mind to receive advice and that advice is well received coming from a kind and understanding person, not somebody who has negative things to say.

The negative attitude is very disheartening and a bit disgusting to be honest. As somebody who didn't grow up Muslim and now covers fully... I really resent this attitude towards women.

noraina
03-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Many women go through a 'transition' period when they begin wearing hijab, from wearing it just as an extension of their normal clothing to adopting it entirely.

There is an etiquette of advising someone in Islam, and that is without condemning or humiliating them, or looking down on them, because things like that can push someone way from the deen, particularly in those first few days when your iman can be a little shaky.

I still remember when I had just begun wearing the hijab. It was my first time wearing it and yet at the mosque this brother felt like it was in his place to give a disguised but very hurtful comment about the way I dressed. I alhamdulillah remained firm in my resolve but it wasn't nice.

Yes there is definitely a correct way of wearing the hijab, and it is sad when there are so many who fail to realise that. But it is hard in a western society, *really* hard. I put off wearing the abaya and jilbab for a long, long time because of that. Then I met this beautiful sister who did wear the abaya, and while she would often discuss the 'correct' hijab, she never made me feel inadequate. And when I did say to her I wanted to wear the abaya, she brought me this beautiful blue abaya - I still have it now and it's still my favourite one.

I am all for advising our sisters in Islam, but without stepping all over the efforts they have made so far and acknowledging that it is hard, but we are all here to support one another as sisters. Then it is between them and Allah swt - if we just supported each other, it would do wonders.

And brothers, no offence, but if you do see a sister who may not be dressed modestly, it's not your place to say anything to her. Please lower your gaze and leave that to the sisters :D

Kiro
03-12-2017, 12:54 PM
maybe it's a type of fashion

Serinity
03-12-2017, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
maybe it's a type of fashion
Go against the storm! Revolution. :D

Allahu alam.

66moon
03-19-2017, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
ETA: This post is for everyone, not just one person in particular or the OP.

Look, everyone is in a different place in their journey back to Allah. There is no need to call anyone a kafir or stupid and look down on anyone. It isn't nice nor is it something the prophet :saws1: would do.

Women are constantly criticized for what they wear or don't wear both in the Islamic community and outside of it and due to this, the majority of women do not want to hear what anyone has to say about their clothing, especially not men. That's the truth.

Men fall short in the lowering gaze department. Even if a fully naked woman passes by you, your duty is to look down. period. You shouldn't be in a place where you notice what a woman is wearing as your focus should be doing what you are supposed to be doing. Don't go around acting high and mighty because you feel you have some sort of knowledge and are better than a girl with low imaan. Have compassion instead and learn to be a good guardian of your women (mom, sisters, wife, daughters etc).

Every person has to come to a true understanding of their faith on their own, both men and women. A person who is ready to change will have an open heart and mind to receive advice and that advice is well received coming from a kind and understanding person, not somebody who has negative things to say.

The negative attitude is very disheartening and a bit disgusting to be honest. As somebody who didn't grow up Muslim and now covers fully... I really resent this attitude towards women.
I agree completely

Mohamad2300
03-19-2017, 06:47 PM
Mashallah to you brother so well said

66moon
03-22-2017, 06:27 PM
Muslim men are supposed to look away, and they're also supposed to remain modest. Islam also teaches us to not judge other people or be arrogant. A lot of the replies here are violating those rules, do not speak ill of others so easily.

aaj
03-22-2017, 07:22 PM
When certain people say 'Only Allah swt can judge me'

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.