/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question about marriage

johndoe
03-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Asalam o Alaikum, I hope everyone is doing great by the grace of Allah SWT. I come here being very anxious and confused about my life right now and I have a question about my marriage but first I want to tell details about it. I was married in 2015 to an American Woman. At the time I was not willing to do so because I was disappointed after how I was treated by her and her family after my engagement to her but my uncle who was playing the role of the middleman kept on persuading me and everyone in the family told me that things will get better after you both start living together(for this i don't blame them at all as it is my own fault being an adult I shouldn't have listened to them.) My wedding was very lavish in monetary terms, which was totally against my will. Unfortunately after a month of living together with my wife, my mother passed away. I had to leave America to go back for her tadfeen. Nobody from my in laws including my wife come to me to Pakistan after I left. I couldn't go back immediately because of visa expiry and the responsibilities I had left in my country being in my mother's shoes. For almost a year and a half of staying apart and having mostly bitter conversations with my wife everyone convinced me to give my marriage another chance. So, I decided to come back to to US to my wife. For a month I was fine with her and then I realized that nothing has changed much and I am not comfortable with her. I get very anxious and I always feel like going back to Pakistan. No one in my family wants me to move back to Pakistan because of better opportunities and living standards of US but for me it is very difficult to live with someone that I don't like and more than that I'm anxious around her most of the time. I recently heard a lecture by Dr. Noman Ali Khan about Nikah being haram if you do it unwillingly or if you don't want to stay with the person. In regard to that I think that I'm being unjust to my wife as she is not happy with me as well and I think I should end this marriage and move back to my home country. I ask for advice in the light of Islam on this matter. (I hope nobody judges me here for my situation.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
03-12-2017, 04:28 AM
:wa:

brother i think you need to talk to your wife to see how she feels and talk about what she wants; tell her to express her true feelings of wether she wants this marriage to last ...

your marriage is valid as you gave your consent wether it was pressured by your family or not so dont worry about that part

maybe both of you should go to marriage guidance counceller?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.