/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Peace is With You

Juwairiyah M.
03-12-2017, 06:46 AM

Have you ever felt judged for no reason other than your facial features? Your skin tone? The clothes you wear or the way you act?

Have you ever felt this dark pit forming in your stomach that makes you hopeless and clutches at your heart—at who you are—and makes you believe nothing you do will ever be worth anything? That there is no reason to keep going?

Have you ever felt so full you burst, then immediately regret it, but because you can’t take back what you said, you keep regretting, never changing?

No matter your religion, ethnicity, or preferences, we’ve all been through hardships in our lives and will most probably keep going through them. These hardships, however, are not given to us as problems to make life harder, but as tests to make us stronger.

Swami Vivekananda’s words sum up God’s plans in his aesthetic poem:
When I asked God for strength, He gave me difficult situations to face

When I asked God for brain and brawn, He gave me puzzles in life to solve

When I asked God for happiness, He showed me some unhappy people

When I asked God for wealth, He showed me opportunities to work hard

When I asked God for peace, He showed me how to help others

God gave me nothing I wanted

He gave me everything I needed

But even with this knowledge, it is perfectly understandable if we still have a hard time coping with our inner demons. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. We all have our inner demons. It’s a basic human default.

A conversation in the 2016 Marvel movie Doctor Strange, lead to this fantastic quote from The Ancient One:
We never lose our demons,
we only learn to live above them.

And when you feel yourself trapped in a darkness where you can’t see anything, close your eyes, and remember. In the Qur’an, 13:28:

Verily, in the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find Peace

Faith and hope gives us this abstract belief that everything will end well without scientific statistics or probability. If it’s not going well, it’s not the end. Optimism in general shines light at the end of the dark tunnel, gives us something to look forward to and strive for. If you’re currently going through a rough patch, keep going. The patch is bound to end.

Everyone has their own ways of coping with the cards dealt to them by life, however, so not everyone will deal with their problems the same way as others. Some might take a month while others mere seconds. Some might be able to jump over obstacles effortlessly on their own while others need time and help.

Remember, it is never the end, even when it seems to be. Remember that whenever you feel your entire being at war with itself, we can get through it, that there is chance for peace, for peace is always within us, just sometimes it is obscured by the wars we face in life, and to find it, we need help, time, and patience.

This is an essay I wrote to class that I wanted to share in this forum. Feel free to comment on what you thought of it, and give it a like.

Shukran for the read~

Jazzakumullahu khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Blueflame
03-12-2017, 07:10 AM
Alhamdulillah wa jazakamullahu khairan

This was really insightful
You must've got top marks for this
Well done!

Juwairiyah M.
03-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Shukran :statisfie

Actually, it has yet to be graded. Insha Allah it will get good marks :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

greenhill
03-12-2017, 07:29 AM
Welcome to the forum.

All the best with the piece as yet to be graded.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Juwairiyah M.
03-12-2017, 07:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Welcome to the forum.

All the best with the piece as yet to be graded.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:
thank you~ :D

Juwairiyah M.
03-13-2017, 12:33 PM
:) :) :) :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.