/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women Outnumbering Men

mr2299muslim
03-13-2017, 11:28 AM
SALAM TO ALL!
I am aware of a hadith which states that at one time 50 women will be looked after by a man, is this Hadith to be taken as a figure of speech or its, in reality, going to be the case, as 50 women for one man seems unlikely

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm♥Layth
03-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Perhaps men will be killed off due to fighting and war? The birth rate is pretty even right now, in fact males are born more often but they die more often in infancy so it evens out with females.

aaj
03-13-2017, 03:05 PM
:wasalam:

It is literal and will come to pass. Russia currently allows chechens to marry more than one women due to shortage of men there, which is mostly because of war. We will see similar ratios in syria and other war ravaged regions. Birth rates ratio may change in the future as well as more wars or male genocide as is called for by the feminists of our times.

talibilm
03-13-2017, 03:14 PM
:sl:

The Prophesy of FIFTY WOMAN WILL BE LOOKING AFTER 1 WOMAN (this was a description from Mod of Ummah think Sis Pipin)

Usually, it's used as a means to push polygamy (which is fine), but I heard of a different interpretation for it and thought it was really profound. Instead of there being less men than women, it will be less'real' men around. Allah says in the Quran

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because of what Allah has preferred one with over the other and because of what they spend to support them from their wealth.” [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 34]

Meaning that men have a responsibility to protect, maintain, and look after women. But I think we've all seen the shift in today's society where that isn't happening anymore. That type of chivalry is dying. I'm sure brothers will mention that feminism killed it, but if we look at Muslim societies that isn't the case. Sisters are pushed to stay with abusers and told that the curse of Allah will be on them for whatever reason. Divorced sisters, widowed sisters, and sisters over the age of 23 are overlooked because brothers only want what they want. Sisters have to work for a living to take care of themselves, which is fine if you wan to, but Islamically the community is meant to help and that's not happening.

So because the men are lacking in their duty here, there will be a few who will step up and it will be like they are looking after fifty women even though there are plenty of men around.

Talibims view and CONFIRMATION WITH COMPARISON

I think this could also be ONE of Probable way to interpret it since I was wondering when many signs have already occurred but this sign is far from happening sine the statistics of ratio of Men : women is nearly the same and its opposite in countries like India and China where men are more due to female foetus abortions.

This interpretation can be compared -equated with this hadith

Dawud :: Book 22 : Hadith 3325
Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: A time is certainly coming to mankind when only the receiver of usury
will remain, and if he does not receive it, some of its vapour will reach him. Ibn Isa said: Some of its dust will reach him.

So we can also NEVER see Vapour of Riba LITERALLY but only possibly by the Banks and penalties calculated by interest which even a strict Muslim Avoider of Riba could also not avoid could have been referred to as VAPOUR , and this is one of the signs of the last hour too, I think..

Another Probability of this Men :women ratio to occur is by War when Most men are killed leaving more women , Wallahul aalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aaj
03-13-2017, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm

The Prophesy of FIFTY WOMAN WILL BE LOOKING AFTER 1 WOMAN (this was a description from Mod of Ummah think Sis Pipin)

Usually, it's used as a means to push polygamy (which is fine), but I heard of a different interpretation for it and thought it was really profound. Instead of there being less men than women, it will be less'real' men around. Allah says in the Quran

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because of what Allah has preferred one with over the other and because of what they spend to support them from their wealth.” [Sûrah al-Nisâ’: 34]

Meaning that men have a responsibility to protect, maintain, and look after women. But I think we've all seen the shift in today's society where that isn't happening anymore. That type of chivalry is dying. I'm sure brothers will mention that feminism killed it, but if we look at Muslim societies that isn't the case. Sisters are pushed to stay with abusers and told that the curse of Allah will be on them for whatever reason. Divorced sisters, widowed sisters, and sisters over the age of 23 are overlooked because brothers only want what they want. Sisters have to work for a living to take care of themselves, which is fine if you wan to, but Islamically the community is meant to help and that's not happening.

So because the men are lacking in their duty here, there will be a few who will step up and it will be like they are looking after fifty women even though there are plenty of men around.
Does this mod from ummah forum have islamic credentials from a sheikh or university to interpret as she wishes?

A woman needs a man's body to lie down with and a man person to be with. If there aren't enough around, she will have to share. It's simple logic, not that hard. The hadith doesn't say 'real men' will be not enough. we need to stop these personal modern interpretations of what we think it means. Plenty of tafsir of the Quran and ahadith are available if we stop being lazy and stop being like people of the book.

Umm♥Layth
03-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Looking after women is not the same as marrying them. There's no possible way a man can keep up with 50 women in a fair manner as wives, so I'm certain there's more to the hadith.

Please keep in mind that alot of the end time signs are described in very general terms and we can only think and understand within our personal scope of knowledge. Considering other explanations is not wrong.

Do you believe the Dajjal will be riding and actual white donkey with massive ears?

It is likely that most men won't be able to provide and only a few will. Men cannot provide for women on their own anymore these days. Most homes are dual income homes, even Muslim households.

There are many possibilities and it could be a combination of reasons why things end up that way, but what we can take away from it is that reliable men will be few, whether it is because of death or inability to provide, it will eventually happen.

Scimitar
03-13-2017, 04:43 PM
50 women being looked after by a man who has four wives, sounds like a party :D

Scimi

Supernova
03-13-2017, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
Looking after women is not the same as marrying them. There's no possible way a man can keep up with 50 women in a fair manner as wives, so I'm certain there's more to the hadith.

Please keep in mind that alot of the end time signs are described in very general terms and we can only think and understand within our personal scope of knowledge. Considering other explanations is not wrong.

Do you believe the Dajjal will be riding and actual white donkey with massive ears?

It is likely that most men won't be able to provide and only a few will. Men cannot provide for women on their own anymore these days. Most homes are dual income homes, even Muslim households.

There are many possibilities and it could be a combination of reasons why things end up that way, but what we can take away from it is that reliable men will be few, whether it is because of death or inability to provide, it will eventually happen.
Asalaamualaykum

I agree with certain points here - its my understanding too.
Although some people think it a push for polygamy, it certainly cannot be the case as 1 man can only marry 4 woman(max) - that will leave a deficit of 46 per the ratio to 1. So the polygamy insinuation is very limited here.

I personally see it as a promotion of Sadaq & assistance to females due to the high ratio. In other words, providing financial aid without marriage. I understand this point can be counter argued. I have looked at all the permutations of counter argument and eventually understood the 50:1 ratio pointing to financial aid.
I must point out that the Hadith in question doesn't refer to a consequence of the event. That means whomsoever answers - will have to answer on a hypothesis.

Wasalaam

Scimitar
03-13-2017, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamualaykum

I agree with certain points here - its my understanding too.
Although some people think it a push for polygamy, it certainly cannot be the case as 1 man can only marry 4 woman(max) - that will leave a deficit of 46 per the ratio to 1. So the polygamy insinuation is very limited here.
46 women under the care of a man, plus his four wives... this makes those 46 women, what his right hand possesses?

HUZAIFAH IBN ADAM - 'elp? :D

Scimi

noraina
03-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Many hadiths about Islamic eschatology and the signs of the 'end times' are worded in quite unusual ways. Is it the dodgy Arabic-English translations, or are hadiths on this topic meant to be taken more 'metaphorically' rather than 'literally'.

Whether it is about the dajjal riding on a donkey with huge white ears, or the 'beast of the earth' coming out of the ground, or this one - how are they meant to be read?

And as for the hadith in question - I've always thought it as meaning that either though warfare or some other reason the ratio of women to men will physically become 50:1, or that there will be few 'sincere' men, as compared to women. Allah swt knows best.

talibilm
03-14-2017, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

Many hadiths about Islamic eschatology and the signs of the 'end times' are worded in quite unusual ways. Is it the dodgy Arabic-English translations, or are hadiths on this topic meant to be taken more 'metaphorically' rather than 'literally'.

And as for the hadith in question - I've always thought it as meaning that either though warfare or some other reason the ratio of women to men will physically become 50:1, or that there will be few 'sincere' men, as compared to women. Allah swt knows best.
:sl: Sister

Its true and Yes, many hadiths on the signs or Prophecies of nearing of DOJ appear so, like a hadith saying something like that buildings will talk to the sky (means sky scrapers etc) and people will hop between the clouds (flights) The hip will say what's going on at home (pager, cctv on mobiles subhanallah)

This interpretation can be compared - equated with this hadith

Dawud :: Book 22 : Hadith 3325
Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: A time is certainly coming to mankind when only the receiver of usury will remain, and if he does not receive it, some of its vapour will reach him. Ibn Isa said: Some of its dust will reach him.

So we can NEVER see Vapour or dust of Riba LITERALLY but only possibly by the Banks and penalties calculated by interest which even a strict Muslim Avoider of Riba could also not avoid could have been referred to as VAPOUR , and this is one of the signs of the last hour too, I think... For example in India late electricity bills are charged with riba which many VERY STRICT Pious avoiders of Riba still could not avoid

Another Probability of this Men :women ratio to occur is by War when Most men are killed leaving more women , Wallahul aalam

Simple_Person
03-14-2017, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm

So we can NEVER see Vapour or dust of Riba LITERALLY but only possibly by the Banks and penalties calculated by interest which even a strict Muslim Avoider of Riba could also not avoid could have been referred to as VAPOUR , and this is one of the signs of the last hour too, I think... For example in India late electricity bills are charged with riba which many VERY STRICT Pious avoiders of Riba still could not avoid
In your first comment you gave very interesting perspective of "real" men. Doesn't mean it is true, but i found it very interesting perspective indeed. Jazakallahu khairan for that. About your second comment, i was already intending to comment, but you also said this one before i did. Even with paying rent, riba is involved. It is not as if i want to pay riba, but it comes with the rent.

aaj
03-14-2017, 06:48 PM
I think you are reading too much into it.

No one said 1 man will be supporting 50 women. Rather a time will come when there will be 50 women to a man, which when taken generally means there will be 50 women present for every man present at the time. Which logically leads to think it's talking about the ratio of men to women in the world, without reading too much into it.

Simple_Person
03-14-2017, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
I think you are reading too much into it.

No one said 1 man will be supporting 50 women. Rather a time will come when there will be 50 women to a man, which when taken generally means there will be 50 women present for every man present at the time. Which logically leads to think it's talking about the ratio of men to women in the world, without reading too much into it.
My bad, forgot the important detail. Jazakallahu khairan for correcting me.

Finding MEMO
03-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Nothing to say

talibilm
03-15-2017, 01:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
In your first comment you gave very interesting perspective of "real" men. Doesn't mean it is true, but i found it very interesting perspective indeed. Jazakallahu khairan for that. About your second comment, i was already intending to comment, but you also said this one before i did. Even with paying rent, riba is involved. It is not as if i want to pay riba, but it comes with the rent.

If penalties of late payment i do not think its Riba. But the payment of late of some electricity utilities bill are clearly specified riba will be calculated at 2% per month which is a definite Riba . Only for this sake I have avoided Credit card but some say if you pay on time you would be paying only charges not the riba-interest but only if you delay your payments after due time Riba will be levied. But since there is a chance of forgetfulness in Man I am trying to avoid it , May Allah guide us and save us from this Biggest Sin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.