/* */

PDA

View Full Version : People you do not like by first impression by the face

Simple_Person
03-13-2017, 03:07 PM
I am kind of lost in this. I have the feeling about it, but i am not sure where to place it.

There are people you will see in your life, you haven't even said hello or how are you doing. You don't know them and they don't know you..just by seeing their face ..you do not like them. I am sure many of us have experienced this also.

Why is this? Is this because they lack noor? Or is it from sheytan this feeling? Or is it maybe a psychological thing?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
03-13-2017, 03:49 PM
Face is reflective of the heart. If someone is friendly and kind hearted, then his/her friendliness and kindness will be reflected on the face, and people will have good impression on him/her. But if someone is arrogant, then his/her arrogance will be reflected on the face, and people will have bad impression on him/her.

Simple_Person
03-13-2017, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Face is reflective of the heart. If someone is friendly and kind hearted, then his/her friendliness and kindness will be reflected on the face, and people will have good impression on him/her. But if someone is arrogant, then his/her arrogance will be reflected on the face, and people will have bad impression on him/her.
Jazakallahu khairan, i always had such a feeling, but it stayed a feeling. so i can be at ease to stay away from these people if i have that feeling towards somebody? Just greet and nothing more.

Umm♥Layth
03-13-2017, 04:24 PM
A person's character doesn't necessarily show on their face. There's people who seem bitter, sad and/or dark and it could be for a number of reasons, but once you get to know them, you realize they are good company.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
03-13-2017, 04:41 PM

That's nonsense,

I walk the streets in deep thought usually and people I know, sometimes comment how I look unapproachable and angry - yet I'm really not feeling unapproachable or angry - just deep thought.

When we frown, our facial expressions change to one of concern and thought - no one likes to disturb someone who is concentrating.

Problem with this is - the frown expression is also very similar to one of hatred, disgust and irritability, annoyance. So naturally, people would think "bad face" - but it's not.

Scimi

ardianto
03-13-2017, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
That's nonsense,

I walk the streets in deep thought usually and people I know, sometimes comment how I look unapproachable and angry - yet I'm really not feeling unapproachable or angry - just deep thought.

When we frown, our facial expressions change to one of concern and thought - no one likes to disturb someone who is concentrating.

Problem with this is - the frown expression is also very similar to one of hatred, disgust and irritability, annoyance. So naturally, people would think "bad face" - but it's not.

Scimi
I am not talking about face expression that can be changed anytime depend on mood and feeling. But about aura. Friendly people and arrogant people exude different aura on their faces that can affect the feeling of people who see them. That's why if we want to be loved by the others we must eliminate the arrogance from our heart.

Nonsense?. Just try, my brother. Just try. Throw away arrogance from your heart. In Shaa Allah, you will be surprised when you see many people smile at you although you don't know them.

:)

aaj
03-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Normally, the heart does reflect on the face, as does the soul. The more sins you commit, the more your heart grows dark and the darker it grows, the darker your face grows as well.

In addition to that, there is also all that GMO and pesticides drenched body eroding foods, creams, hairsprays and other products that makes you look all mean and grumpy looking.

In addition, some people just look a certain way based on their disposition at a given time. I normally get tell i look mad/mean and i should smile more often while at the same time i get told i'm the nicest person they met in their life.

In addition, our own disposition makes us like/dislike someone else just based on what is in our heart/mind.

So it all subjective and a combination of a number of things.

Simple_Person
03-13-2017, 06:06 PM
That's nonsense,

Scimi
I am not talking about people showing anger or certain facial expression. When they even smile, this thing that i am talking about you could say you see.

Brother @ardianto says exactly what i mean. These people no matter what kind of facial expression they show..i have that strange feeling to stay away from them. I have time to time seen this "aura thing" even as when i was a culture-Muslim but also when i was an atheist. With people i have never met in my entire life or even spoke to them.

Simple_Person
03-13-2017, 06:11 PM
I am not talking about face expression that can be changed anytime depend on mood and feeling. But about aura. Friendly people and arrogant people exude different aura on their faces that can affect the feeling of people who see them. That's why if we want to be loved by the others we must eliminate the arrogance from our heart.

Nonsense?. Just try, my brother. Just try. Throw away arrogance from your heart. In Shaa Allah, you will be surprised when you see many people smile at you although you don't know them.

I have seen this as a Muslim with myself in the recent years especially the last 1-2 years. It is strange, a lot of people despite me being a foreigner suddenly greet or ask for directions or any other help. It is strange, because in the past as an atheist i also smiled and was "content" but not what you expect, but strangely as a Muslim i have had a very different outcome doing the same thing.

Umm Abed
03-13-2017, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
I am not talking about people showing anger or certain facial expression. When they even smile, this thing that i am talking about you could say you see.

Brother @ardianto says exactly what i mean. These people no matter what kind of facial expression they show..i have that strange feeling to stay away from them. I have time to time seen this "aura thing" even as when i was a culture-Muslim but also when i was an atheist. With people i have never met in my entire life or even spoke to them.
This topic brings to mind the importance of smiling and having a cheerful face in fact it is sunnah, and if smiling is charity it just goes to show how important good character and a pleasant demeanour is in Islam, alhamdulillah.

Simple_Person
03-13-2017, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
This topic brings to mind the importance of smiling and having a cheerful face in fact it is sunnah, and if smiling is charity it just goes to show how important good character and a pleasant demeanour is in Islam, alhamdulillah.
Yeah but sister it is not really the smile..somebody could smile at you..but you do not like them. Based on what? Just a feeling that you do not like them..rather feel disgusted and want to stay away from them.

Scimitar
03-13-2017, 06:16 PM

So, you're superstitious then.

Islam came to do away with superstition, and here I find you judging a person without having ever spoken to them, because you feel they are evil, and you even stretch this rubbish with the "aura" talk.

I believe I was right in the parkour thread - you're the type of person who is afraid of his own shadow.

I pray Allah gives you courage to smile back next time.

When someone smiles at you, and you do not return the courtesy of smiling back - guess what? it makes you a Miser.

And the Prophet pbuh never passed a person without smiling at them.

Scimi

noraina
03-13-2017, 06:18 PM
Wa alaykum assalam

This just reminded me of this hadith:

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "The souls are (like) an army joined (in the world of spirits) whichever souls knew each other (in that world) are attracted towards each other (in this world) and whichever remained distant and indifferent (there) are disinterested to each other (in this world)"
(Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Kitaab Ahaadeeth al-Anbiyaa’, Baab al-Arwaah junood mujannadah).

Note, this is *not* an excuse for not liking someone for no reason, lol, we shouldn't always judge a book by its cover. Someone may seem a little 'unlikeable' at first, but I know a few people are come across as 'gruff' and 'harsh' initially but when you get to know them and earn their trust they're real gems ma'sha'Allah. Believe me, if we could tell who was right or not right from their face, people would have far less problems than they have right now.

Altho what I like about this above hadith is that I feel the same thing. Sometimes I have met someone who I have immediately just felt such a connection with, as if we did know each other from before and recognise that. It happens rarely, but it's beautiful when it does.

Of course, there are those which you never seem to get quite along with. It happens, altho we still must always ensure we are not judging someone or holding unnecessary grudges without reason.

Simple_Person
03-13-2017, 06:20 PM
So, you're superstitious then.

Islam came to do away with superstition, and here I find you judging a person without having ever spoken to them, because you feel they are evil - .

Scimi
Sub'han'Allah, you of all the people here understand the LEAST what i try to say. I expect more of you dude. Instead of trying to ask questions and find out what this "feeling" is that i am talking about, you just put it in the corner of superstition. Brother @ardianto is much older than me, has much more knowledge, wisdom and understanding than me. He also has much more life experience than me. So he confirming what i am trying to ask/say is not based on just some mere feeling. This should make your curiosity light up of..how come two separate people say exact same thing.

Umm Abed
03-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Yeah but sister it is not really the smile..somebody could smile at you..but you do not like them. Based on what? Just a feeling that you do not like them..rather feel disgusted and want to stay away from them.
I suppose not everyone gets along with anyone so, that is why not everyone are close friends, for eg. so, in the same way people do keep a distance from some people for no apparent reason other than they're just not meant to be friends.. if it makes sense..

Scimitar
03-13-2017, 06:23 PM

Bro, when you start talking about aura's and the like - you lose me into the world of sci-fi BS.

Grow up and convince me using valid arguments and not your superstitions, thanks.

As I mentioned in the post above - Islam came to do away with superstitions. Yet here you are entertaining them.

To smile is a charity - those who do not smile back are miserly people who think they know a strangers soul, just by their gut feeling.

COME BACK Ardi, where did you GOOOooooo?

Scimi

Scimitar
03-13-2017, 06:26 PM
Sub'han'Allah, you of all the people here understand the LEAST what i try to say. I expect more of you dude.
Don't try to say it - JUST SAY IT.

Stop beating around the bush and tell us that your gut feeling is giving you bad vibes about certain people even if they seem friendly and smile at you - meanwhile there's you, unable to justify this negativity towards the stranger and so you come here and make this thread.

When someone smiles at you - you smile back, You do not frown like an ox and move on. Savvy?

Instead of trying to ask questions and find out what this "feeling" is that i am talking about, you just put it in the corner of superstition. Brother @ardianto is much older than me has, much more knowledge, wisdom and understanding than me. He also has much more life experience than me. So he confirming what i am trying to ask/say is not based on just some mere feeling. This should make your curiosity light up of..how come two separate people say exact same thing.
The more you entertain this Feeling with Aura talk - the more you make it supersitious lol.

I can tell you what it is you are feeling, you just don't like non Muslims because thet are not like you - admit it. Don't be a liar to your own self and gloss over with "this feeling" and "aura" talk dude.

Scimi

Simple_Person
03-13-2017, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "The souls are (like) an army joined (in the world of spirits) whichever souls knew each other (in that world) are attracted towards each other (in this world) and whichever remained distant and indifferent (there) are disinterested to each other (in this world)"
(Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Kitaab Ahaadeeth al-Anbiyaa’, Baab al-Arwaah junood mujannadah).

Note, this is *not* an excuse for not liking someone for no reason, lol, we shouldn't always judge a book by its cover. Someone may seem a little 'unlikeable' at first, but I know a few people are come across as 'gruff' and 'harsh' initially but when you get to know them and earn their trust they're real gems ma'sha'Allah. Believe me, if we could tell who was right or not right from their face, people would have far less problems than they have right now.

Altho what I like about this above hadith is that I feel the same thing. Sometimes I have met someone who I have immediately just felt such a connection with, as if we did know each other from before and recognise that. It happens rarely, but it's beautiful when it does.

Of course, there are those which you never seem to get quite along with. It happens, altho we still must always ensure we are not judging someone or holding unnecessary grudges without reason.
Sister, this is not that. It is not if a person is looking angry by nature or in deep thought and thus facial feature adapt to that deep thought...or having a neutral face or have made an insult to somebody else. ...just some i can't bring it in to words. Or even because the souls before this live were not close to each other. You just see the face and even if it is laughing/smiling ..as if you you see something deprived of noor ...i don't know which words to use. But this is only with the face. There are other situations if somebody is a cynical person you do not see this for example on their face..but feel this bad vibe when you are around them. Very gloomy and negative feeling..

So people who are cynical i do not see that on their faces what i am talking about. However these people that i talk about i see them now and then. It could be years later that i encounter one.

Simple_Person
03-13-2017, 06:33 PM
-
I'm not gonna talk to you anymore. As no real beneficial talk comes out between us for you or for me.

Peace.

Scimitar
03-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Talk about Aura's :D

Listen to me - this nonsense about Aura's is absolute kuffar talk.

There's no such study into Aura's by the Muslims and we have the inference of "Nur" which is reflected light - in synch with the Abrahamic traditions - what they call an Halo.

If one has Noor, it becomes a thing talked about by those who notice it - why? Because it's not so common to see someone with Nur on their face.

When someone doesn't have this Nur - do they suddenly have this negative aura? NO - they just remain in their natural state - not their heightened state.

Scimi

Scimitar
03-13-2017, 06:39 PM
I wonder what happens on the day of judgement when Allah asks you:

"This man passed by you and smiled, but you did not smile back - why?"

And you attempt to explain "I had this bad feeling and his aura..." you get cut off as an Angel is summoned with hook and chains.

You might not like me, but know this - what I write is for the benefit of your own soul.

And I did my duty - the rest, is up to you.

Scimi

Simple_Person
03-13-2017, 06:50 PM
I wonder what happens on the day of judgement when Allah asks you:

"This man passed by you and smiled, but you did not smile back - why?"

And you attempt to explain "I had this bad feeling and his aura..." you get cut off as an Angel is summoned with hook and chains.

You might not like me, but know this - what I write is for the benefit of your own soul.

And I did my duty - the rest, is up to you.

Scimi
Whatever i say or not say, for you ..your obsession is knowledge. But knowledge and understanding are two separate things, yet you somehow mix them together as if they are one. Knowledge, everybody can learn, but understanding cannot be learned. This is been given.

Good day to you and peace.

Serinity
03-13-2017, 07:06 PM
:salam:

What proof do you have that this Aura exists? Sure there are people I dislike just by observing them. And btw, the hadith being interesred, etc and disinterested.. I think there is something to what Simple_Person is saying.

There are people I get along with easier and some I just don't like.

Allahu alam.

M.I.A.
03-13-2017, 07:24 PM
lol one of my best mates said that he didnt like me the first time we met.

ironiclly i only ever became part of the group because someone mistook me for someone else that they used to know from somewhere else..

some people make massive effort and it shows.

Attachment 6056

although once i was just stood there and someone came up to me and slapped me in the face.. and asked..

what you thinking about?

not all strangers are equal.

lol.. i said.. "nothing" when you know everybody its very hard to take it seriously.

Simple_Person
03-14-2017, 04:47 AM
Maybe I should have used a different topic name because it is kind of misleading I guess. For me is not judging a book by its cover. Somebody might look poor, Rich ..weak.. strong..intelligent..dumb..knowledgeable ..ignorant..you name it..judge somebody by these impressions is NOT what I am talking about as this is prohibited in Islam.

For example you see somebody looking rich and thus assume he is arrogant. Or somebody looking poor and assume is too greedy to buy himself some descent clothes. This is prohibited in Islam and also what I am not talking about. My argument is purely based on the face. No other body movements or actions done by that individual.

Can a moderator add "by the face" to the topic name please.

Serinity
03-14-2017, 08:30 AM

What proof do you have that Aura exists?

Allahu alam.

Simple_Person
03-14-2017, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

What proof do you have that Aura exists?

Allahu alam.
Absolutely NONE based on objective evidence. The only "proof" that i have is people having similar experiences like me which is subjective, but still people who never have known each other having experienced something similar.

So the aura or whatever one could call it, is something else than what i have been trying to explain. The aura/bad vibe that i said about people who are cynical when i am around such people..is something different than what i am trying to explain. The people who are cynical, are in my experience good people but have just hit a wall in their life and in this phase in their life haven't found a way over this wall. They see all things gloomy and nothing will work ..etc. etc. Still they are good people to hang out with but lost their way. Also to my experience this gloomy vibe i haven't felt for example in just few second or so when i come to know them..but it comes as you know them longer. It is like, wave patterns. When people know each other for longer periods of time their waves sync. They start to like the same things, do the same things, think the same. The moment they don't hang out with each other for longer periods, this wave pattern de-syncs. So when you are a optimistic person and you encounter a pessimistic person, the wave patterns are you could say black and white. However negative wave patterns are stronger than positive patterns and thus often one could become negative themselves.(this is based on my own observation).

https://www.google.nl/search?q=cynic...ous&start=10&*

The people based on their "auro/noor" of their face are totally different people which i try to talk about in this topic. They might for example not be cynical whatsoever, but something is off just seeing their face. While not even sharing one word or have seen them before in your life time.

I ASSUMED that more people have had shared similar experience but till now only brother ardianto and him exceeding much in life compared to me, has given me a more firm stand of despite not having objective evidence that it could still exist.

sister herb
03-14-2017, 09:46 AM
I think that the most people have similar experiencies like you but they might not call their feeling by this word (Aura). It´s difficult to explain as there isn´t right word to describe the first impression (or I don´t know it). Studies of social psychology show that we need only seconds when meet new person to create an image to our mind what kind of person he/she is but also that our prejudices may give to us wrong impression easily. Not only face but the whole body language is what makes this the first impression, as well many other things like what he/she wears. New person might be tired, shy, angry and we get feeling he/she is like this always.

Simple_Person
03-14-2017, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I think that the most people have similar experiencies like you but they might not call their feeling by this word (Aura). It´s difficult to explain as there isn´t right word to describe the first impression (or I don´t know it). Studies of social psychology show that we need only seconds when meet new person to create an image to our mind what kind of person he/she is but also that our prejudices may give to us wrong impression easily. Not only face but the whole body language is what makes this the first impression, as well many other things like what he/she wears. New person might be tired, shy, angry and we get feeling he7she is like this always.
No sister, it isn't that. Because in your comment is based on judgement which again in a previous comment i explained this is prohibited to do in Islam and i am also not talking about that. What i mean is ONLY and ONLY based on the face. If i think about it..i could say there are 3 type of faces.

Type 1: One which emanates noor/light or whatever you could say. These people you like them..if they are laughing/smiling or have a neutral face. At least that you want to do is by natural instinct to WANT to greet these kind of people. Even want to be near them or hangout with these people.

Type 2: Neutral..it doesn't emanate noor/light but also does NOT emanate anything negative. These people are by majority you could say. When you see these people and they laugh/smile or have neutral face, you do behave the same. But further than that..nothing more. If they greet you, you greet them. Cynical people you could say also belong to this category, as they are just good people and have no harm in mind.

Type 3: Negative you could say. These people emanate rather some negative or sinister something from their faces. I don't know how to describe it. When you see them out of good manners you greet them, but after that you want to go away from them as far as possible. These kind of people might be a handful in your life time that you encounter. Although i believe based on the amount of corruption growing on this world, these types of people will also increase.

Umm♥Layth
03-14-2017, 10:33 AM
I really think it is simple. You are attracted to them if you were close to them and knew them before and you are not attracted to them easily if you did not know them. Ever had that feeling you've known someone your whole life even though you just met?
I'm gonna stick to the word "vibe" instead of aura here, because it is easier to relate to (I think so anyway). When you get a good or bad vibe from somebody, it can just be your perception. I'm not a very social person and I get bad vibes from most people. Is it the people or is it me? LOL. I say the latter.

More often than not I look down or away and keep with my business. I don't go out of my way to be super inviting or talkative, but when I am approached for whatever reason I'm friendly and smile :) Most would probably get a bad vibe if they come near me because I wear hijab and I don't smile much. I'm a nice lady though lol. So it would be their perception of me :p

Simple_Person
03-14-2017, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
I really think it is simple. You are attracted to them if you were close to them and knew them before and you are not attracted to them easily if you did not know them. Ever had that feeling you've known someone your whole life even though you just met?

I'm gonna stick to the word "vibe" instead of aura here, because it is easier to relate to (I think so anyway). When you get a good or bad vibe from somebody, it can just be your perception. I'm not a very social person and I get bad vibes from most people. Is it the people or is it me? LOL. I say the latter.

More often than not I look down or away and keep with my business. I don't go out of my way to be super inviting or talkative, but when I am approached for whatever reason I'm friendly and smile :) Most would probably get a bad vibe if they come near me because I wear hijab and I don't smile much. I'm a nice lady though lol. So it would be their perception of me :p
We often (i am NOT pointing at you but in general) analyze things from the perspective of our knowledge. So whatever does not meet OUR standards, we brand it as non-existent. However just recently i have discovered this method of finding the method of DISPROVING with all our heart our own opinion and knowledge BUT with all honesty. Then if you have found no logical argument against your own opinion one can brand it to be the truth. While we majority of times try to find 1000 reasons why our opinion is valid which we all can off course find those 1000 reasons, but finding arguments against your opinion makes it much better learning experience and making you more humble towards people in general. Sub'han'Allah, it wasn't even my own discovery i argue. I typed it but i learned from my own comment o_O!!?? This since i have become Muslim by choice has happened often to me (learning from my own words). As i know how dumb and ignorant i am and the things that i say i acknowledge are NOT from me, the ONLY things that i do acknowledge are from me are the rubbish-comments and make no sense comments. btw, don't think that i brand myself a "special" person, from the honesty perspective i brand myself rather an ignorant idiot who questions things than any of the positive branding. Anyhow, to apply this method is getting all the information a person says or has about something.

Brother @ardianto mentioned these things earlier

I agree 100% with how he tries to define what i am trying to say, all though i think just like him we are not sure what kind of words we should use. As he used "aura"..well aura by majority is defined as something that covers the whole body. While our argument is something that emanates from the face.

Your argument is trying to fit what we are saying in the category of that hadith. However what we argue is something that is "negative" that emanates from the face, while souls before entering this life had no such a thing a negativity as far as i know (do please correct me if i am wrong). As when a soul is born it is pure and good. Later on it becomes impure you could say as it is being corrupted with illogical and negative idea's.

Later on in your comment you refer to the "vibe"-feeling, but still as in my previous comment to brother @Serinity (comment #27) i tried to clarify this "vibe"-feeling being totally something else than what i am trying to describe.

So the end question for you is, COULD it be that this Simple_Person is describing something else than what i have experienced in my life? If yes..well nothing could be said as you have not experienced it yourself before or maybe have but forgotten about it.

If no, another question is, have you experienced all the things in life a human being could somehow have experienced to be able to say such a thing does not exist? As for example, we as Muslims acknowledge something as imaan. The Muslim who has NEVER tasted imaan will NEVER understand what it is..only by definition made by other people. The moment you taste imaan is as if you have uncovered a new dimension. Suddenly nothing in this life is of importance when you are in that state. Which is a very odd thing to be saying for a Muslim who has never tasted imaan. He/she will NEVER understands how it could be that person X who has tasted imaan suddenly doesn't value money, material gain or whatever. As if person X can imagine life without time. Why i use this example is because for us human beings trying to imagine things without time is I ARGUE impossible in our current physiological state. We cannot comprehend ...no time..

Please forgive me for making it a bit complicated as i try often to keep things simple.

ardianto
03-14-2017, 02:58 PM
The word "aura" can be used for various contexts, including supernatural contexts. That's why some participants in this thread assume that I am talking about superstition. But actually not. What I mean is "something in someone that cause specific impression in the eyes of people who see him, visually". People in my place call it as "aura", which not really same as karisma (charisma), and different than getaran perasaan (vibe).

"Aura" in this context has nothing to do with supernatural. But reflection of inner beauty that reflected outside and build the image of this person in the people eyes. Indeed, this 'aura' reflected not only on face. But face holds significant portion due to gaze and expression.

"Aura" is built on inner beauty. And we can have 'aura' that look impressive and make us look charismatic in people eyes if we can build our inner beauty.

ardianto
03-14-2017, 03:07 PM
I am kind of lost in this. I have the feeling about it, but i am not sure where to place it.

There are people you will see in your life, you haven't even said hello or how are you doing. You don't know them and they don't know you..just by seeing their face ..you do not like them. I am sure many of us have experienced this also.

Why is this? Is this because they lack noor? Or is it from sheytan this feeling? Or is it maybe a psychological thing?
I think it's better if we back to the original question. What makes you feel you dislike someone who you meet for the first time just because his face?.

Very possible it's because memory. You have ever met some people who make you felt uncomfortable. In example, arrogant people. Arrogant people look down on other people, it makes them have specific gaze when look at the others. Your eyes recorded it and saved it as memory in your brain, without you realize it. And when you meet someone new and you see the same gaze, the memory appear in your brain and send a signal to dislike this person.

Simple_Person
03-14-2017, 03:25 PM
I think it's better if we back to the original question. What makes you feel you dislike someone who you meet for the first time just because his face?.

Very possible it's because memory. You have ever met some people who make you felt uncomfortable. In example, arrogant people. Arrogant people look down on other people, it makes them have specific gaze when look at the others. Your eyes recorded it and saved it as memory in your brain, without you realize it. And when you meet someone new and you see the same gaze, the memory appear in your brain and send a signal to dislike this person.
Good observation and very plausible. As peoples gaze don't differ despite them being totally different people. But before going in to that direction, is there any hadith or something that mentions about peoples faces emanating noor? As you earlier pointed out?

Scimitar
03-14-2017, 03:37 PM
I wonder who you will answer God on the day of judgement when HE asks you "this man smiled at you, why did you not return the courtesy?" and you reply with "I had this bad feeling and his aura..." and you get stopped mid way thru your sentence while Allah summons an angel with hook and chain to take you away?????

Please do answer.

Scimi

ardianto
03-14-2017, 04:56 PM
But before going in to that direction, is there any hadith or something that mentions about peoples faces emanating noor? As you earlier pointed out?
"Noor on face" is not literal. I have meet pious humble kindhearted people, but I didn't see their faces emit light like lamp. :)

However, like I've said, inner-beauty can be emanated on face. The pious humble kindhearted people are very beautiful inside, and their inner-beauty emanated on their faces that make people love to see them. "Noor on face" is just term to described inner-beauty that emanated on face like this.

Scimitar
03-14-2017, 05:02 PM
You don't know what Noor is then.

it is reflected light - that in context means walking Qur'an.

Scimi

Simple_Person
03-14-2017, 05:16 PM
"Noor on face" is not literal. I have meet pious humble kindhearted people, but I didn't see their faces emit light like lamp. :)

However, like I've said, inner-beauty can be emanated on face. The pious humble kindhearted people are very beautiful inside, and their inner-beauty emanated on their faces that make people love to see them. "Noor on face" is just term to described inner-beauty that emanated on face like this.
Hahahah, i also meant to say that..not as if it is a lamp that can be used in the dark ;D. But because of lack of this beauty inside they emanate something else that this "noor" with kindhearted people. Because that is my argument.

ardianto
03-14-2017, 05:18 PM
Hahahah, i also meant to say that..not as if it is a lamp that can be used in the dark ;D. But because of lack of this beauty inside they emanate something else that this "noor" with kindhearted people. Because that is my argument.
But there are people who believe that noor on face is literal, although they have never seen it.

Simple_Person
03-14-2017, 05:38 PM
But there are people who believe that noor on face is literal, although they have never seen it.
I have once read or heard the hadith that a shahabi talking about the face of Rasullah(saws) as if it was the light of the moon emanating from it or something similar...but that is for me something that i cannot understand. Is it literally or not literally? I will try to find it and in'sha'Allah i will post it here.

"Some of the Prophet’s Companions were given to see this light as even brighter than both the sun and moon, for when they walked with him they noticed that he cast no shadow on the ground.[10] Those who saw him in the full moon noticed that his blessed face was brighter than the moon,[11] and one of his Companions, the Lady Rubayyi‘, when asked to describe him, said, "My son, had you seen him, you would have seen the sun shining."[12]"

Source used: http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/nuremuhammadi.htm

What is described there, i have heard it somewhere else, but it was i think something similar to that.

Supernova
03-15-2017, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam

"this is *not* an excuse for not liking someone for no reason" (This is getting worse by the day)
Simply could have been...
"This is inexcusable for detesting someone unjustly"

Simple_Person
03-15-2017, 01:23 AM
I wonder who you will answer God on the day of judgement when HE asks you "this man smiled at you, why did you not return the courtesy?" and you reply with "I had this bad feeling and his aura..." and you get stopped mid way thru your sentence while Allah summons an angel with hook and chain to take you away?????

Please do answer.

Scimi
Sometimes the question asked can better be answered with silence. I have tried my best and walked against a wall with you in this topic. What I say or not say is the same. My answer to your question is not saying anything because whatever I said even with the best words you didn't understand in the slightest. That was for me to abstain from discussion with you. As I only might do harm to you and to myself if I keep on trying to have a discussion THINKING that it is I who can make people understand things but that for sure is Allah(swt). Please know that I am not looking down on you as you might understand a lot of things that I don't have even the slightest clue to it. So again understanding comes from Allah(swt).

Peace

Eric H
03-15-2017, 08:34 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

About 3 am last Saturday morning, I witnessed a guy being really offensive towards the Muslims in our local kebab shop. There had been a fight minutes earlier between them, and all I could see at that moment was a bunch of hooligans, the bystanders were also getting involved.

When I did my training to become a Street Pastor nine years ago, we were told, 'You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.' So if everyone of these guys matter to God, they should all matter to me as well. We spent over half an hour with them, the police came and went, but just by us being there and staying calm ourselves, things changed. The most angry guys ended up hugging and shaking hands with each other, and we could now see their kinder side.

Only by putting our trust in God, and by searching for the good in all people, even in the most angry of situations, can we start to see a change. But I think the only person I can change is me, I have to change my attitude towards others, in order to search for a good outcome.

Blessings,
Eric

Finding MEMO
03-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Assalamu Alaikum all

Interesting perspective... especially the real life experiences.

I'm a Muslimah who does not wear the hijab but absolutely believes in the way of Islam.

There was a situation recently that made me crack up with disbelief.

I was approached by a middle person who informed me that another hijabi sister was offended by me!

Apparently I was giving her 'dirty looks'.

Firstly I did not know who it was, secondly I had zero recollection of actually having ever seen her?

I think women in hijab look amazing and beautiful. So if I had even looked at her that's exactly what I would of thought.

My first reaction was to apologise & just clear the misunderstanding like adults.
I was then informed by the middle person that due to this person's complicated personality it was best to avoid her.

I went from laughing to eventually just being annoyed. Sadly I'm sure I even looked forward to getting into a physical fight with her at some point.

My feelings were determined by how my life was treating me in that moment.
She was a stranger just passing me by...
I let my negativity be heightened by hers.

So let's all try to keep that saying 'don't judge a book by it's cover' true to our hearts.

I like what brother Eric implied - 'we can't change others but we can change ourselves'.

At the end of the day we are nothing but humans who are decorated by flaws.

So please let's all just try to not assume someone has a bad 'aura' or weird 'vibe'.
Let's just be the best we can in the eyes of Allah swt because no one else matters.

Simple_Person
03-15-2017, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Finding MEMO
Assalamu Alaikum all

Interesting perspective... especially the real life experiences.

I'm a Muslimah who does not wear the hijab but absolutely believes in the way of Islam.

There was a situation recently that made me crack up with disbelief.

I was approached by a middle person who informed me that another hijabi sister was offended by me!

Apparently I was giving her 'dirty looks'.

Firstly I did not know who it was, secondly I had zero recollection of actually having ever seen her?

I think women in hijab look amazing and beautiful. So if I had even looked at her that's exactly what I would of thought.

My first reaction was to apologise & just clear the misunderstanding like adults.
I was then informed by the middle person that due to this person's complicated personality it was best to avoid her.

I went from laughing to eventually just being annoyed. Sadly I'm sure I even looked forward to getting into a physical fight with her at some point.

My feelings were determined by how my life was treating me in that moment.
She was a stranger just passing me by...
I let my negativity be heightened by hers.

So let's all try to keep that saying 'don't judge a book by it's cover' true to our hearts.

I like what brother Eric implied - 'we can't change others but we can change ourselves'.

At the end of the day we are nothing but humans who are decorated by flaws.

So please let's all just try to not assume someone has a bad 'aura' or weird 'vibe'.
Let's just be the best we can in the eyes of Allah swt because no one else matters.
I was reading your comment and when i came to the bold red part.. i was like :omg:..that escalated quickly.;D..

I never imagined such a thing in your comment. I always expected on this forum..those nice sisters :hijab2: are way more calmer than us brothers who sometimes act like neandertals when it comes to something that we do not agree ;D. Alhamdulillah that it never reached that stage in your case :). Do remind me..to not make you angry during discussions..because i can run very hard and thus you will not able to grab my throat and give me some punches:Emoji22:. Which could make you more angry as you have not give me those punches.:Emoji22:

About human behavior, sometimes people imagine things that are not there. For example, a friend of mine and i we went to a shop and at the shop also work all kind of people. He often when he meets people for the first time starts a conversation with them. The second time we went to the same shop he greeted one of the employees that he started a conversation the previous time and to me it seemed like that employee was rather busy. While that friend of mine said..he doesn't like me..i said "bro, you cannot assume things. To me he seemed rather busy doing his work". But yeah what can you do if somebody is 100% convinced with what he is saying and not willing to reason..right?

So this is the same with many other people if you for example just look around an notice many people around you. Then you suddenly stop, go in ponder-mode and remember something that you had to do. A person who noticed that you looked around and suddenly went in to deep thought might suddenly think ...that person is thinking about me and what clothes i am wearing or how i look ..i am sure of it...;D;D;D

If find this behavior very often that people are in their own world. If something happens or somebody says something, they always think the attention of the whole world is on them.

Anyways, again, my arguments is not about those guys. They do not insult me with their look. They might even smile or have a neutral face. Just something that emanates from the faces alone i argue even not be light....like i earlier said..i cannot explain it in words. Brother Ardianto talked about the gaze, which could be plausible. Even if somebody might smile..their gaze might be the same if they have a neutral face.

Finding MEMO
03-15-2017, 10:37 AM
Lol [emoji23]

Just pointing out that we are ALL human.. me wanting to fight was a reflection on me. It was also a bad reaction based on negativity.
Not gonna sugar coat it in any other way.

I'm the only one responsible for MY actions.

I'm generally a very smiley person but when I'm in my own world - I'm pretty sure I don't look approachable at all!

Trying to work on that...

Serinity
03-15-2017, 11:03 AM
That feeling when someone has irritated you soo much you muse at the thought of strangling them.. Such thoughts arise mostly because:

A) Has been bullied.

Allahu alam

Finding MEMO
03-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Or no one enjoys being misunderstood...
So we very easily jump on that same band wagon.

On a side note... men are physically aggressive & women are verbally BUT some women can't express their anger so they too don't mind participating in dangerous crazy activities.

It's life.

greenhill
03-15-2017, 11:33 AM
It is a hard topic, a complex one too.

As I have grown older, I realise that looks can be deceiving. So I try not to be negative about 'looks' that unsettles me. I try to pay more attention to their character and demeanour, to get better picture. Sometimes the socially awkward ones are quite the nicest people. I have been wrong on first impressions so many times that I have always reminded myself not to be too quick to judge. There was one guy in our group looking like a mafia thug, I was not really interested to 'get to know him', but he turned out to be one of the loveliest guys.

I have been accused of 'looking' arrogant. I was floored! What?

There you go... I guess it is natural to get those feelings ..

:peace:

Serinity
03-15-2017, 11:36 AM

People I hate the most are those who intentionally "deafen" themselves. They run into you, talk obnoxiously, and "kick" you. Yet when you confront them they said "I did nothing, what are you talking about?"

I have met such people, and I want them to taste pain. I've always had it in my thoughts to "teach" them what bullying means lol. By doing it to them lol.

There are people who needs to taste their own medicine, by being bullied themselves. They do a wrongdoing, and deny that they even did it. They deny it happened. Retaliation by way of example and showing them - is sometimes best.

And then you get looked at as the one at fault for "teaching" them. lol.

Allahu alam.

Simple_Person
03-15-2017, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

People I hate the most are those who intentionally "deafen" themselves. They run into you, talk obnoxiously, and "kick" you. Yet when you confront them they said "I did nothing, what are you talking about?"

I have met such people, and I want them to taste pain. I've always had it in my thoughts to "teach" them what bullying means lol. By doing it to them lol.

There are people who needs to taste their own medicine, by being bullied themselves. They do a wrongdoing, and deny that they even did it. They deny it happened. Retaliation by way of example and showing them - is sometimes best.

And then you get looked at as the one at fault for "teaching" them. lol.

Allahu alam.
These people have their own struggles to fight. These people will listen step by step more to sheytan because of their arrogance and get their heart hardened. In the end rejecting their faith also. On the Day of Judgement many people will come and take their good deeds away if they have any. You can forgive them even though they might not have asked for it. They also might come to you in the future being humble and ask your forgiveness for the wrong doing they have done to you.

Right now i forgive everybody who has done injustice to me because of ignorance. The dishonest people who KNOW they are wrong, i do not forgive, till they become humble and honest and ask my forgiveness and also will forgive them.

Eric H
03-15-2017, 12:50 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Serinity;

There are people who needs to taste their own medicine, by being bullied themselves.
There are so many things in this life that give us the right to be angry, but I do not have the time or the energy to be angry any more.

One night we were out on the streets, and two guys came walking towards us in an aggressive manner, I knew we would be hit if we stopped by. I said to my Street Pastor partner that we should walk away, but he said, have you seen those other lads climbing over a garden fence? When he pointed this out, I knew we had to stay, and take whatever happened, we did get hit, before the lads went off.

We reported this to the police, and they caught up with the lads, they asked us to make a formal statement, but I said, no, even though it was in my power to demand justice.

I did say to the police, that my ideal out come would be for the lads to meet up with us and talk, but afterwards, they should be allowed to walk away. It turned out that the most angry lad had never got on with his dad, then his dad got cancer, and they started to make up. Sadly his dad died shortly after, leaving a very angry lad, he needed help rather than a police record.

The solutions that bring us closer to God, are the ones when we can be kind and patient.

Blessings

Eric

ardianto
03-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Question for all. Did you ever like someone by first impression by the face?.

If you say no, then there's only two possibilities. First, you are not normal. Second, you are blind.

It's normal if we like someone because beauty. But is better if we train ourselves to not judge someone by her/his beauty. Because probably then we would automatically dislike someone just because she/he is not beautiful.

Simple_Person
03-25-2017, 07:28 AM
Oke a update regarding this topic. I have received some new information i never knew about and also one of the examples of people just by judging their face you just like them.

So i was watching this video and suddenly saw this guy. Just watching his face i liked him. Very inviting and feel a very warmth GENUINE expression emanating from his face. That you even have the feeling without even knowing this guy i could trust him. Although i think majority of us would feel the same with this guy, while mostly what i am implying is the negative aspect instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m63Km6Q4JU&t=11m17s

The other thing a brother contacted me through PM, gave me this.

===========
Maybe Google
umar khattab firasah
Facial recognition, downes, disease
generalization association psychology confusion baby albert

See also:
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/darululoomtt/52161
===========

"Firasah". I have never heard it before and because he contacted me through PM instead commenting here, i will not reveal his name. May Allah(swt) reward him for sharing this.

Little albert experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Albert_experiment
With this i agree that this indeed is a fact. As far as i can remember when i would have experienced it for the first time was maybe in my teenage years. Than maybe second/third time some where when i was i believe a young adult. So it wasn't that often. Brother @ardianto did mention that one could have remembered without knowing this earlier just like how the experiment with Little Albert went. As i might have seen the face of such people and the same stare is being repeated in some people. Although i am glad that i also have come to know about "Firasah" as that apparently does exist, however i would never say i have that ability. Allah gives that ability to certain people and i cannot say i have it, if i have it then i have it, but i have no evidence to proof to you guys or more importantly proof to even myself that i have it. As i do not stand out among people in general. The only thing as far as i can remember have had is i CAN NOT say nothing when injustice is done, to me or to someone else. As far as i can remember i got even very angry when injustice was being done. This is the only character trait that i can remember that i always had and i think dominated my other character traits. Strangely now i am thinking about this, when fights would ABOUT to happen in my teenage years between me and somebody else, i always cried instead of fighting..o_O!!??. I did fight sometimes, but that was when somebody would want to challenge/dominate me. Or hahaha even told people who were about to fight that i am gonna beat both of them if they would fight each other...in other words do not fight. What a strange kid i was..hahahaha..i bet you guys also had very awkward teenage experiences . However i believe that this is with majority of us even if the fitrah somehow is correct we will stand up and speak out against injustice. If justice is not given we get even obsessed about it till we get justice. So also about that i am mere a simple person.

Generalized anxiety disorder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...xiety_disorder
Although i wouldn't say that this for example might be what i am experiencing. Everybody has worries, but not "excessive, uncontrollable and often irrational worry" As i know but more importantly understand that Allah(swt) has my back and never will let me down. I mean just look to people who even KNOW Islam is the truth, but knowingly reject it. Allah(swt) even feeds them. So no i have no such worries as this disorder is saying.

Face perception: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_perception

Scottish Celt
03-25-2017, 09:51 AM
I take people for face value,even when people tell me they don't like or that person,i don't know them personally so its best to get to know them first,also the best way for me to suss them out before I know them is there appearance IF they were covered in certain tattoo's of their beliefs or certain ideologies,usually that the biggest give away for me,then I do judge on that tbh

Mrciful_Servant
03-25-2017, 10:11 AM
Asalam u alaikum.......calm down everyone ...common this is not the way to discuss something[emoji41][emoji5][emoji5][emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

Mrciful_Servant
03-25-2017, 10:19 AM
Allah knows best.....so let me give you an example not just by looks but only by first meeting ...so once I went to the market in our school ...there were a lot of people there....including some small boys....I asked them I was late if they would late me be first because I had to attend my class ...so few people let me through them with happiness...but there was that person I asked her nicely ...that sister I am getting late for my class would you let me go first as I m in a hurry.....she behaved so rudely and harshly towards me..although she was a senior....not to mention ...she looked so arrogant from her look ..but despite that I told myself that this is bad ....so u see the result ...i always used to see that girl in school from the very start and has never talked to her ...but I did not felt to like her....not that I hated her but I liked my seniors they were all nice to me ...but I did not like her..so did u see brothers and sisters ....now a days it's a huge sign that people would kinda know a bit what is in your heart and would judge you from that...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji851][emoji39]

Mrciful_Servant
03-25-2017, 10:20 AM
[emoji17]

piXie
03-25-2017, 02:29 PM

In General, our face is a mirror to what is in our heart. Goodness shows on a persons face and the same with evilness. To a certain extent - our traits and personality show on the face and in the way we conduct & carry ourselves. While there is truth in this and a person shouldn't completely ignore their feelings, we should also be aware that often we can misread or judge - and it can also be a reflection of our own negitivity.

This thread reminded me of the Hadith below;

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "The souls are (like) an army joined (in the world of spirits) whichever souls knew each other (in that world) are attracted towards each other (in this world) and whichever remained distant and indifferent (there) are disinterested to each other (in this world)" (Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Kitaab Ahaadeeth al-Anbiyaa’, Baab al-Arwaah junood mujannadah).

*Commentary: "Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his commentary on the hadeeth: “Concerning the phrase ‘Souls are like conscripted soldiers…’ al-Khattaabi said: ‘This may refer to their similarity as regards good or evil, righteousness or corruption. Good people are inclined towards other good people, and evil people are similarly inclined towards other evil people. Souls feel affinity with others according to the nature in which they were created, good or evil. If souls’ natures are similar, they will get along, otherwise they will not be on good terms with one another. It could be that what is being referred to is the beginning of creation in the realm of the unseen when, it is reported, souls were created before bodies, and used to meet one another and express their pessimism about the future. When souls have entered bodies (come to the physical realm) they may recognize one another from the past, and may be on friendly terms or otherwise based on that past experience.”

"Al-Khattaabi and others said: this getting along with one another has to do with what Allaah decreed from the outset about the ultimate destiny of souls, whether they will be among the blessed [in Paradise] or the doomed [in Hell]. Souls are of two opposing kinds, and when they meet in this physical world, they will either love or hate one another depending on the way they were created. Good souls will be inclined towards other good souls, and evil souls will be inclined towards other evil souls. And Allaah knows best."

https://islamqa.info/en/3864

Indefinable
03-25-2017, 02:41 PM

I'm not sure. Isn't it better to assume the best of everybody [unless they prove otherwise]...?

Simple_Person
03-25-2017, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Indefinable
I'm not sure. Isn't it better to assume the best of everybody [unless they prove otherwise]...?
Sister, read the rest of the topic so far. As more knowledge has been shared and more has been discussed :).

Blueflame
03-25-2017, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
In General, our face is a mirror to what is in our heart. Goodness shows on a persons face and the same with evilness. To a certain extent - our traits and personality show on the face and in the way we conduct & carry ourselves. While there is truth in this and a person shouldn't completely ignore their feelings, we should also be aware that often we can misread or judge - and it can also be a reflection of our own negitivity.

This thread reminded me of the Hadith below;
Weren't there two companions who didn't get along with eachother and so got divorced because of it??

Indefinable
03-25-2017, 08:41 PM
Sister, read the rest of the topic so far. As more knowledge has been shared and more has been discussed :).
Summarise please Insha'Allaah.

It's four whole pages, what's the conclusion?

AbdurRahman.
03-25-2017, 09:31 PM
i think it could be something to do with ... us meeting people in the world of souls!

our souls met each other before we were sent down to this world, and those who we've met over there, we'll be comfortable/at ease with them over here too!, and those who we havn't we'd feel uneasy [ref: the great white Shaykh again, Hamza Yusuf! :Emoji51:]

Simple_Person
03-26-2017, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Indefinable
Summarise please Insha'Allaah.

It's four whole pages, what's the conclusion?
Read post #54. It doesn't contain all but much of it.

Slaveofthelord
03-26-2017, 03:09 AM
If get this feeling of not liking someone by looking at their face its usually because they display a form of arrogance and pride in the way they look,walk,move and talk to others.

Basically they display themselfs as better than everybody else and i can tell by just looking at someone if they are like that i feel like

Simple_Person
03-26-2017, 07:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Slaveofthelord
If get this feeling of not liking someone by looking at their face its usually because they display a form of arrogance and pride in the way they look,walk,move and talk to others.

Basically they display themselfs as better than everybody else and i can tell by just looking at someone if they are like that i feel like
But the question is not, they way the walk, move, talk. Picture this, you see a person..ONLY his face. He has not say even a word. He has not smiled or maybe even smiled..was not angry nothing of the negative emotions were shown on his face. Yet something emanating from his face that you very dislike.

SoldierAmatUllah
03-26-2017, 04:07 PM
@Simple_Person

Agreed fully &above post

Related to hadeeth about souls in Aalim- Arwah

Understandable!Alhamdull'ILLAH

Simple_Person
03-26-2017, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmatulWudud
@Simple_Person

Agreed fully &above post

Related to hadeeth about souls in Aalim- Arwah

Understandable!Alhamdull'ILLAH
This i am not getting from people. Are people saying those souls were already "EVIL" before being born in this world??? I mean not getting along with a certain individual, doesn't mean those guys are bad guys. Your wave lengths as i call it just don't sync, however neither of the people are bad people. To give a better example. Some people find lame jokes super funny, i don't. Does this make them bad people? No they like certain things that i dislike and they dislike certain things that i like. So neither of us would probably hang out with each other as friends because laughter at the same kind of things is a big part of friendship. So it has NOTHING to do with any of this.

So please if somebody can clarify this for me, because till now i have seen as no soul is a bad soul before being born in this life. Good people lean towards other good people agreed and nothing wrong with it but are you then saying apparently one can see that that certain individual is a "bad" person? Till now i have read i believe two people saying that what is in the heart emanates from the face.

The rest is saying either i am a lunatic ...(you are entitled to your opinion), some others are saying you are judging a book by it's cover (no offense, but you haven't pondered about what i have been trying to explain), another group is only quoting the hadith about the place where the souls reside before being born (also to you guys no offense, but also with this is a lack of pondering as i already said souls are not bad before their are born -do correct me if i am wrong about this). Another group says this might POSSIBLY be because of your previous experiences that your mind might have remembered and you see the same stare as the stare of people doesn't change doesn't matter who it is ..which is logical and rational explanation..good input. The last group says that what resides in the heart emanates from the face and a brother gave me proof of this apparently also exists.

I know i am a lunatic, but a good one that asks questions :). Simple_Lunatic ;).

SoldierAmatUllah
03-26-2017, 07:50 PM
Simple answer is to be brief-Read its commentary:

When souls were created,some found affinity with each other &some didn't. Souls are of two types -good souls & bad souls .

When you come to this world, you recognize those with your type "characteristics" habits&goodness &you immediately recognize them !Though it doesn't mean that those friendships will last for years but a good impression is laid on the similar kinda soul&you remember such people!

Other than that you see someone at first &you don't recognize them or feel repelled ,it doesn't means they always bad or won't change .At times they change but basically, the "hadeeth'refers to people of same interests ,virtue, piety&qualities that makes them bonded... Like we see on forums/Twitter etc .We don't even know those people but by getting to know their view points, you get "my similar soul or twin soul"

At the same time you recognize some people but you don't know them well & you think they are like you though they turn out to be somewhat different than what we perceived-Wrong type or not virtuous

Though both kind of people can change, bad into good but I'm not sure reading about pious because it's their fitrah&I'm talking of those pious people who turn towards Islam &occupy the good understanding of Deen with good qualities!

Also,as you say just by looking at some peoples face ,you get this siren in mind-No!

It happens ...

It alludes to an individual's Firasah(foresight) at times & such things.

Alhamdull'ILLAH!

@Simple_Person

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.