/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are djinns still in toilets/bathrooms if they are cleaned?

TDWT
03-13-2017, 03:09 PM
I was wondering, since nowadays people clean their toilets and bathrooms, do djinn still live in there?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aaj
03-13-2017, 03:15 PM
It is a place of impurity and defecation. Such are the dwelling places of the jinns, regardless of the state of it

Supernova
03-13-2017, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TDWT
I was wondering, since nowadays people clean their toilets and bathrooms, do djinn still live in there?
Asalaamualaykum

Well - unless you believe that a toilet/bathroom detergent can chase a Jinn away, then your answer will be "no they are not here".

The Jinn still are in toilets which is exactly why you still read the dua before going to the toilet.

Even if you believe that the toilet was clean and by some magic detergent and they exited the place, then logically, once you start to urinate and defecate they will return. So either way - the dua will be applicable before going to the toilet.

Wasalaam

Scimitar
03-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Ya know, in the old days, the toilets would be outside of the houses, separated.

Today we have the toilets in our homes.

Food for thought.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
03-13-2017, 06:59 PM
That was a good point. So we are then sure that the toilet door stops jinns and area outside of the toilet isn´t inpure? :hmm: I suppose we are thinking like that.

Umm♥Layth
03-13-2017, 07:09 PM
Old toilets were just a hole on the ground with a room over it (if you were lucky to have that). This means that all the nasties stayed there to decompose and the entire area surrounding that room smelled terribly so they had to be very far from the house. How do I know this? Because those toilets still exist in places without plumbing and I have visited. Try waking up at night with just the moonlight to light your way far far away from the house.... into a dark room that smells.... jinn written all over it. :omg:

It is said that a toilet of today is cleaner than someone's mouth :D that's assuming people clean their toilet though. I've seen some pretty gross toilets.

Also, remember that you flush everything away.

I'm not saying Jinn don't hang around at your toilet, but it isn't the same as what used to be a toilet back in the day.

Supernova
03-13-2017, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Ya know, in the old days, the toilets would be outside of the houses, separated.

Today we have the toilets in our homes.

Food for thought.

Scimi
Asalaamualaykum - I think its the wrong topic to use the expression "food for thought" LoL

Umm♥Layth
03-13-2017, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamualaykum - I think its the wrong topic to use the expression "food for thought" LoL
:giggling:

Scimitar
03-13-2017, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
Old toilets were just a hole on the ground with a room over it (if you were lucky to have that). This means that all the nasties stayed there to decompose and the entire area surrounding that room smelled terribly so they had to be very far from the house. How do I know this? Because those toilets still exist in places without plumbing and I have visited. Try waking up at night with just the moonlight to light your way far far away from the house.... into a dark room that smells.... jinn written all over it. :omg:

It is said that a toilet of today is cleaner than someone's mouth :D that's assuming people clean their toilet though. I've seen some pretty gross toilets.

I'm not saying Jinn don't hang around at your toilet, but it isn't the same as what used to be a toilet back in the day.
Sister, you managed to cook up some good points of consideration mashaAllah, exactly what I hoped someone would do with the comparison I left :) respect.

Scimi

Butterfly
03-13-2017, 11:22 PM
Wrong thread to read before opening my fast lol

adyiqbal
12-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Yes, it is true. Presence of Jinn is true in Islam.

keiv
12-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Don't forget:

"[بِسْمِ اللهِ] اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْخُبُْثِ وَالْخَبَائِثِ
[Bismillahi] Allahumma 'inni "a'udhu bika minal-khubthi wal-khaba"ith
(Before entering) [In the Name of Allah] .

(Then) O Allah , I seek protection in You from the male and female unclean spirits.

Bukhari 1/45, Muslim 2/1/283,
The addition of Bismillah at its beginning was reported by Said bin Mansur. See Fathul-Bari 1/244

Desert
01-15-2018, 09:23 PM
a clean bathroom reminds me of the masjid...

i mean you do wudu there dont you?

azc
01-25-2018, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
a clean bathroom reminds me of the masjid...

i mean you do wudu there dont you?
Even I do wudhu in bathroom before bathing but it never reminds me of masjid.

I think your intention is good for what you've said

space
01-25-2018, 09:14 PM
Jinns are everywhere..

Zzz_
01-26-2018, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
Old toilets were just a hole on the ground with a room over it...

There are two things that come into play, cleanliness and impurity.

Restrooms are places of filth, even if it is flushed away and all. It is a place to do such business. And it is a place of impurity. A place of defecation is an impure place.

Would you do salah in the restroom even if it is spotless? No, not even dhikr or mention the name Allah is permissible there.

The hadith relating to duas to recite before and after going to the toilet are for all times, squeaky clean toilets doesn't mean it's safe.

Jinns inhabit dirty and impure places, as well as abandoned and deserted places or places uninhabited by humans or places that invite jinns through unislamic acts.

Abu Dawood (6) and Ibn Maajah (296) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “These toilets are visited (by jinn), so when any one of you goes to the toilet, let him say, ‘Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min al-khubthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from evil and from the male and female devils).’” (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah, 241).

The word hushoosh, translated here as toilets, refers to places where people relieve themselves, and it includes the “water closets” that are in people’s houses.

“Visited (by jinn)” means that they are frequented by the devils, with the intent to cause harm to people.

https://islamqa.info/en/26816

Ümit
01-26-2018, 08:40 AM
I believe in Islam the location is also important to some degree. If we look at other examples, we see that sometimes, the location is more important than the building, structure on that location.
For example, the location where the house of Amr bin hişam (Muhammed (sas)'s enemy) is now a huge toilet for all the Muslims on Hadj.
The structures of djamarat (stoning of the devil) originally three pillars, were torn down and replaced by three walls on the same location. this also indicates, that the structure or building on it is of less importance than the exact location.

so, once a location has been used as a toilet, you can not use it as a room for prayer...even if it is spotless.

azc
01-26-2018, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umie
I believe in Islam the location is also important to some degree. If we look at other examples, we see that sometimes, the location is more important than the building, structure on that location.
For example, the location where the house of Amr bin hişam (Muhammed (sas)'s enemy) is now a huge toilet for all the Muslims on Hadj.
The structures of djamarat (stoning of the devil) originally three pillars, were torn down and replaced by three walls on the same location. this also indicates, that the structure or building on it is of less importance than the exact location.

so, once a location has been used as a toilet, you can not use it as a room for prayer...even if it is spotless.
but if the place is no more used as toilet, so purified and masjid is constructed on the spot, then what....?

Never heard about toilet, but definitely it can be said about masjid

Ümit
01-26-2018, 09:35 AM
I do not know. I just mentioned some examples where location was more important than the building on it. maybe I am wrong, but I found that notable. I do not have hadith or verses to back my argument up.

Reminder
01-26-2018, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TDWT
In the next life there is no defecation... clean or not, bathrooms represent an evil part of this world.

adyiqbal
01-31-2018, 08:02 AM
Guys, simple is that, presence of Jinn's is true. Some Jinns are Muslims that don't hurt you or tease you but, some are non-Muslims Jinn, that hurts you, if you hurt them.

Ümit
01-31-2018, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by adyiqbal
Guys, simple is that, presence of Jinn's is true. Some Jinns are Muslims that don't hurt you or tease you but, some are non-Muslims Jinn, that hurts you, if you hurt them.
I do not know if you can hurt them as a human being. They are much powerful than us. But you can certainly draw their attention by doing some kind of stuff. keeping yourself occupied with them, talking about them, being somewhere that is known as "jinn territory" like bathrooms and stuff.
just leave them alone and hopefully they (the bad ones) won't get attempted to hurt or harass you.

99sobi
01-31-2018, 02:13 PM
Jinns are everywhere, clean or dirty, crowded or empty. Before entering the toilet, say “Bismillaah, Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min al-khubthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (In the name of Allaah, O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from evil and from the male and female devils).”

Al-Tirmidhi (no. 606) narrated from ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A screen will be placed between the eyes of the jinn and the ‘awrah of the sons of Adam when one of them enters the toilet, if he says ‘Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah).” (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 496).

adyiqbal
02-01-2018, 08:46 AM
I do not know if you can hurt them as a human being. They are much powerful than us. But you can certainly draw their attention by doing some kind of stuff. keeping yourself occupied with them, talking about them, being somewhere that is known as "jinn territory" like bathrooms and stuff.
just leave them alone and hopefully they (the bad ones) won't get attempted to hurt or harass you.
No, they are not powerful than us. If we read one Quranic verse in front of them, they are vanished and never hurt you. It just our fear. Yes, don't disturb them and they will not hurt you.

Zzz_
02-04-2018, 03:57 PM

It is a well-known fact that jinn can take different forms such as human beings and animals, etc. An example of this is when Satan came to the unbelievers on the day of Badr (battle) in the image of Suraqah Ibn Malik .

The Apostle of Allah May Allah's peace and blessings be on him said: Some snakes are jinn; so when anyone sees one of them in his house, he should give it a warning three times. If it return (after that), he should kill it, for it is a devil.

Abu Tha’labah al-Khushani said: “The Messenger of Allaah May Allah's peace and blessings be on him said: ‘The jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.” [Shaykh al-Albaani said in al-Mishkaat (2/1206, no. 4148): al-Tahhaawi and Abu’l-Shaykh reported it with a saheeh isnaad]

Jinns strength to kill you or not depends on your eman. If you believe in Allah and that no one can harm you except with the permission of Allah then they jinns become very weak in front of you and can't cause you harm. If you have weak eman and get scared easily then you are an easy prey for them. Excessive fear leads to jinn possession as it makes it super easy for them to enter your body.

In general it is good to recite our duas and daily adkkars to keep ourselves safe.

A786
02-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Jinns are not exempt from any place, including the bathroom. Hence, you must read the following dua to protect you from impurities and jinns:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْخُبُثِ وَالْخَبَائِثِ

O Allah, I seek refuge with you from all evil and evil-doers.

adyiqbal
02-05-2018, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reminder
In the next life there is no defecation... clean or not, bathrooms represent an evil part of this world.
Yes, agree.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.