/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who or What is God ? How does Islam perceive this illusive entity.

sureshdez
03-14-2017, 05:30 AM
In my search for Truth about Liberation.....

If I go exploring a distant difficult path, I would not pack the whole wardrobe and the refrigerator to my back pack. Likewise, with Time and Maturity I managed to take what I thought as absolutely needed from the book I was born in to, the Bible for the journey.

I set out my journey with a solid aim, I will find God. Laws and Rules are plenty in all books I came across.I dont expect Quran to be any less. Two teachings by Christ, I packed for my journey...initially.

** Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. ( I thought, Impossible to heed..)

** Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles(spoil) a person.For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. (I thought, Christ is talking about my natural thoughts...)

Both these guide lines involve HEART. By this time I had realized that , I can appear to be disciplined by all laws but the heart can not be simply held by Rules and Laws. That is a truth I experienced. Feel free to comment.

In my journey to find God, I started to look for Answers to .

- Who or What is God ?

- What is Sin , that seems to be in between me and God.

- What are my beliefs? Do they matter. Do they help or clutter ?

I want to reaffirm my findings of the Truths against knowledge that may oppose my current understanding. That's my purpose to be here in your forum. It would naturally contribute to anybody else with an open mind to re affirm theirs.

Could we start with - Who or What is God ? How does Islam perceive this illusive entity.

Regards,

Suresh

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.