/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Guidance on Ruqya Needed - Urgent -Please take a moment to respond

anonymous
03-14-2017, 05:18 PM
Asalam o Aleikum

I'm looking for advice and guidance as far as how to handle this situation.

My brother in law was previously married to a woman who claimed to be possessed by a jinn. She was treated and responded well (her behavior improved) but she went "crazy" shortly after giving birth to their child and left the house with the baby and has shacked up with her boyfriend for over three years now. Needless to say, they are divorced. I only needed to mention that part so the rest makes sense. This is not about her. She appears to have mental problems on top of sihr or possession. We will never know and have no interest in helping her.

Since my brother in law met her, his finances declined severely. He had a great job and was stable, but she managed to drain him entirely and with her possession antics managed to sabotage his secure job and he has not been able to recover ever since. This is a very brief summary by the way. If I described everything that happened, you'd understand how serious this is.

He has been married to my sister for a few years now and he has not been able to secure any kind of employment for more than a couple of months at a time. He is a well educated man, masha'Allah with experience and plenty of potential. He is a practicing Muslim and prays his 5 daily prayers, wakes for tahajood and is overall very kind. There is simply no reason as to why he hasn't been able to get a job in 6 years now.

As a family, we came to the conclusion that there's a possibility somebody did sihr on him and his ex at some point or maybe she did it to him, or Allah knows, but we suspect he is inflicted with sihr and he did get a hold of a Raqi. The Raqi gave him instructions to recite ayat al Kursi 1,000 times per day after Fajr and Maghrib and listen to Surah Al Baqara every evening for a couple of weeks. If he didn't see improvement, he was to contact the Raqi.

There was no improvement and now the Raqi wants $300 to treat him. :hmm: This rubs me the wrong way, especially since the Raqi knows this has to do with finances. I don't think the fee should be so high or if it is proper to charge a fee in the first place.

Does anyone have advice as far as what can be done? Do you know of any reliable Raqi's that may help in the Toronto area? This needs to be resloved. It has been far too long and him and my sister deserve a better quality of life.

Thank you for your time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
03-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam.

It's better if you and your family do not make conclusion that your brother in-law failure in getting a job is because sihr, especially because there's no reason for his ex to do sihr on him since they have been separated.

Very possible your brother in-law experiencing trauma from his first marriage and make his mental unstable. Unstable mental can make someone hard to be accepted in job, or hard to work long when get a job.

Try to motivate your brother in-law to regain his confidence.

anonymous
03-14-2017, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Wa'alaikumsalam.

It's better if you and your family do not make conclusion that your brother in-law failure in getting a job is because sihr, especially because there's no reason for his ex to do sihr on him since they have been separated.

Very possible your brother in-law experiencing trauma from his first marriage and make his mental unstable. Unstable mental can make someone hard to be accepted in job, or hard to work long when get a job.

Try to motivate your brother in-law to regain his confidence.
I was afraid that by summarizing what happened, I'd get this response. Let me explain a bit further.

We did not come to this conclusion immediately. This has been going on since he married his ex-wife. Within the year of being married, he found himself unemployed and I cannot go into detail as far as what happened between the two because this is a public forum. However, it is ALL documented ad they have a very long divorce case where all evidence and information is available from both sides. Anyway, We do not suspect she did this after she left, we suspect it was done during their marriage or towards the end. He has applied to hundreds of jobs during and after their marriage ended and nothing. He doesn't have a confidence issue at all actually and we have tried everything. Lots and lots of dua, lots of prayer, fasting, changing locations and so on. I hope this brings more clarity.

Umm♥Layth
03-14-2017, 06:11 PM
I think that the OP should be given the benefit of the doubt, especially when coming to a forum as a last resort and clearly not a first. I do believe many people jump to the conclusion they have sihr, but it is almost always people who have not tried to do anything for themselves. People who do have serious issues with it tend to struggle for years on end. That's what I see here. We should be looking for patterns.

It is also difficult to know and understand every single detail as to why a person suspect that sihr is involved. If her brother in law's ex had something to do with sihr and/or jinn possession AND was treated, this situation should be taken seriously.

I have no advice, just my two cents.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aaj
03-14-2017, 06:22 PM
:wasalam:

It appears that he could be affected by sihr and/or hasad based on the information given. Many things can be just because of obstacles in life and one's own short coming, such as sinning. But many things are because of sihr/hasad and there are real symptoms that can be observed and confirmed. And sihr/hasad is something that is very very common among the arabs and desi communities.

Most of these raqis are fraud, just like pirs. It's hard to find authentic ones these days. And that 1,000 times recitation sounds like a sufi formula, he must be a desi raqi.

One should also not ask for help or someone to do ruqyah for them, but one can perform ruqyah on themselves or someone can offer to do it on them w/o them asking.

See: https://islamqa.info/en/217325
and: https://islamqa.info/en/139092
and: https://islamqa.info/en/3476

He can listen to ruqya as it will help lesson the effect. Here are two of different lengths he can choose from depending on his time availability.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN5G0v6bVck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0xUXS_ED4Y

In addition, there are surahs and duas he can recite and do on his own. My brother made the following document, he can use that as a guide inshallah.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/2ca088538200532

anonymous
03-14-2017, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
:wasalam:

It appears that he could be affected by sihr and/or hasad based on the information given. Many things can be just because of obstacles in life and one's own short coming, such as sinning. But many things are because of sihr/hasad and there are real symptoms that can be observed and confirmed. And sihr/hasad is something that is very very common among the arabs and desi communities.

Most of these raqis are fraud, just like pirs. It's hard to find authentic ones these days. And that 1,000 times recitation sounds like a sufi formula, he must be a desi raqi.

One should also not ask for help or someone to do ruqyah for them, but one can perform ruqyah on themselves or someone can offer to do it on them w/o them asking.

See: https://islamqa.info/en/217325
and: https://islamqa.info/en/139092
and: https://islamqa.info/en/3476

He can listen to ruqya as it will help lesson the effect. Here are two of different lengths he can choose from depending on his time availability.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN5G0v6bVck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0xUXS_ED4Y

In addition, there are surahs and duas he can recite and do on his own. My brother made the following document, he can use that as a guide inshallah.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/2ca088538200532
:jz:

This is very helpful.

I'd like to add a little more to this if I may. As stated before, we suspect that sihr was done to both my brother in law and his ex while they were still married OR perhaps she did it to him after becoming possessed, Allahu Alim. All we know is that she was involved with a friend who did these things and based on behavior and history we are pretty certain something happened.

My question now is, if by any chance sihr was done to both of them as a couple, can he just treat himself or does she also have to get rid of the sihr in order for both of them to be free of it? I ask because she has no interest in Islam and found it comical when she was questioned about this when they first split up (even though she previously was treated for possession with her consent).

I read through the symptoms of evil eye and he actually has most of them:
tingling, heat or cold in the limbs; pain in the lower back and shoulders; anxiety; sleeplessness at night; a lot of burping, yawning and sighing; withdrawal and love of solitude; apathy; a tendency to sleep; health problems with no known medical cause.
He has seen many doctors in the last 6 years and cannot get an answer for his declining health. Could this also be due to sihr?

I look forward to more responses. Thank you for your help.

anonymous
03-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Just to add to the above, he is has a very healthy lifestyle, eats a hypoallergenic diet and has done absolutely everything he can to move forward with his health and his life. He is under the care of a nutritionist to make sure he is getting everything he needs. he shouldn't have declining health at such a young age.

Supernova
03-14-2017, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Just to add to the above, he is has a very healthy lifestyle, eats a hypoallergenic diet and has done absolutely everything he can to move forward with his health and his life. He is under the care of a nutritionist to make sure he is getting everything he needs. he shouldn't have declining health at such a young age.
Asalaamualaykum:

I am confused about many issues here.

1. Any true Raqi upon the Quran & Sunnah will know that Surah Fathia is also known as Surah As Shifa. How is it that he never recommend this ?

2. Why would someone want to destroy his first marriage and not his second ?

3. According to your story, He was married, ex-wife ditched him, Then he married your sister. Your story also implies that he had possibly had this black magic done to from the time of his previous marriage till present day. Please follow my point here - If he was affected by a Jinn prior to marrying your sister and still has it till now continuously - how could you all as a family accept his testimony regarding his previous marriage ???

As per hadith - The jinn mix one truth with a hundred lies !! So if he was possessed while proposing to your sister, what guarantee is there that his testimony regarding his previous marriage is true?

If you have a daughter and someone proposes and he puts all cards on the table : "Hey you know I was possibly possessed by a jinn in my previous marriage & Errr yeah I haven't really sorted that out....But hey can I marry your daughter?" !!!!!! - If any father/family agrees I think Elvis would jump out of his grave !!

Let me give you a parable here:

Many times people go to a Raqi and then the Raqi summons the dark side (Jinn) then the Jinn tells the Raqi that the mother-in-law( or someone) did the black magic.

Someone mentioned Ml. Yunus Patel RA in a thread - let me point out the wisdom of the late Aalim

He asks the question regarding this : How on earth can the Raqi believe that the jinn told him the truth about who sent the jinn when the Jinn himself mixes one truth with a hundred lies & not to mention that the jinn would most probably lie just to cause disunity !!!!
And you'd be amazed how many people believe the Raqi who in turn foolishly believed the jinn.

In turn - if your brother-in-law was truly affected by a Jinn - How can you accept his testimony regarding anything about his past or even present (Taking into account that the Jinn can make him lie)

This is not to create doubt towards your brother-in-law but I think the harsh truth here is that anyone who is possible affected by a Jinn, well their testimony has to questioned very sternly.

That is the unfortunate truth about the Jinn game !!! Like it or not.

Wasalaam

anonymous
03-15-2017, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamualaykum:

I am confused about many issues here.

1. Any true Raqi upon the Quran & Sunnah will know that Surah Fathia is also known as Surah As Shifa. How is it that he never recommend this ?
I don't know to be honest. There aren't many Raqi's here and this is the only one he was aware of. I am posting here today because I did not like the fact that he was charging and wanted some clarity and input.

2. Why would someone want to destroy his first marriage and not his second ?
The sister he was married to was very public about their relationship using social media and she talked about her intimate life with her friends. I don't know further details than that. She also has psychological problems and made bad decisions about friends. This all started on her end. She came to my brother in law claiming she was possessed (he was out on a business trip when this happened). She later disclosed that one of her close friend was involved with sihr.

3. According to your story, He was married, ex-wife ditched him, Then he married your sister. Your story also implies that he had possibly had this black magic done to from the time of his previous marriage till present day. Please follow my point here - If he was affected by a Jinn prior to marrying your sister and still has it till now continuously - how could you all as a family accept his testimony regarding his previous marriage ???
No. He doesn't have jinn issues, it was his ex wife. He is not reactive to recitation, he has no symptoms of possession and he is a very calm, gathered person.His only issues are declining health and inability to keep employment, making it difficult to live a quality life.

His ex wife suddenly stopped being attracted to him, had many violent outbursts and created tons of problems. She was treated (had severe reactions to recitation, including vomiting and diarrhea). Her behavior improved greatly after treatment, but she still had a few episodes although not as bad as before. After her treatment, they tried to move on with their life, got pregnant and then after she gave birth, it all came back and she left the house, left Islam and took their kid.

As per hadith - The jinn mix one truth with a hundred lies !! So if he was possessed while proposing to your sister, what guarantee is there that his testimony regarding his previous marriage is true?
He isn't possessed. Everything we know about his previous marriage is documented as they used messengers, emails and texts to communicate most of the time since he was out often. We have only asked him questions after reading through tons of pages worth of evidence. We did not rely on him to give us the story.

If you have a daughter and someone proposes and he puts all cards on the table : "Hey you know I was possibly possessed by a jinn in my previous marriage & Errr yeah I haven't really sorted that out....But hey can I marry your daughter?" !!!!!! - If any father/family agrees I think Elvis would jump out of his grave !!
He never said he was possibly possessed nor did he bring up his past to us. Him and my sister got to know each other, he has a great reputation in the community and has proven himself to be a wonderful father, step father and family member. There are zero complaints about his behavior.

Many times people go to a Raqi and then the Raqi summons the dark side (Jinn) then the Jinn tells the Raqi that the mother-in-law( or someone) did the black magic.
I am aware of this, which is why I came here to ask for some insight.

Thank you for your input and for posing some good questions. I hope that my clarifications can bring some more suggestions.

anonymous
03-15-2017, 12:35 AM
Just to bring everything back to the main point, I'd like clarification on how to go about with ruqya for him. Brother aaj gave me the most useful advice so far and I'm looking for a bit more if possible.

I didn't come here to provide a novel for entertainment and I'd prefer to not give any further details because it isn't necessary to do so.

We are a good family who have never experienced such things nor do we have any drama in our family of any kind. The only reason we have the suspicions we do is after several years of seeing my brother in law struggle. We want to help him because he is family and he is a wonderful person (and because his being able to provide for his family affects my sister). Sihr and evil eye were never on our radar, nor on his. It is something we have only begun to explore in the last few weeks. We began to consider it due to his present situation and the past he had with his ex and it was my sister who suggested it could somehow be tied together. She knows him better than I do so I'm trying to reach out for additional help.

Supernova
03-15-2017, 12:40 AM
I don't know to be honest. There aren't many Raqi's here and this is the only one he was aware of. I am posting here today because I did not like the fact that he was charging and wanted some clarity and input.

The sister he was married to was very public about their relationship using social media and she talked about her intimate life with her friends. I don't know further details than that. She also has psychological problems and made bad decisions about friends. This all started on her end. She came to my brother in law claiming she was possessed (he was out on a business trip when this happened). She later disclosed that one of her close friend was involved with sihr.

No. He doesn't have jinn issues, it was his ex wife. He is not reactive to recitation, he has no symptoms of possession and he is a very calm, gathered person.His only issues are declining health and inability to keep employment, making it difficult to live a quality life.

His ex wife suddenly stopped being attracted to him, had many violent outbursts and created tons of problems. She was treated (had severe reactions to recitation, including vomiting and diarrhea). Her behavior improved greatly after treatment, but she still had a few episodes although not as bad as before. After her treatment, they tried to move on with their life, got pregnant and then after she gave birth, it all came back and she left the house, left Islam and took their kid.

He isn't possessed. Everything we know about his previous marriage is documented as they used messengers, emails and texts to communicate most of the time since he was out often. We have only asked him questions after reading through tons of pages worth of evidence. We did not rely on him to give us the story.

He never said he was possibly possessed nor did he bring up his past to us. Him and my sister got to know each other, he has a great reputation in the community and has proven himself to be a wonderful father, step father and family member. There are zero complaints about his behavior.

I am aware of this, which is why I came here to ask for some insight.

Thank you for your input and for posing some good questions. I hope that my clarifications can bring some more suggestions.
Asalaamualaykum

Shukran for that - It helped.

Further questions:
1. If he doesn't have a jinn on him, then why are you seeking a Raqi?

2. You mentioned she was cure for a while - who cured her then ? Which Raqi was that ?

anonymous
03-15-2017, 12:56 AM
Asalaamualaykum

Shukran for that - It helped.

Further questions:
1. If he doesn't have a jinn on him, then why are you seeking a Raqi?

2. You mentioned she was cure for a while - who cured her then ? Which Raqi was that ?
1. He's not been able to secure employment long term since a year or so after marrying his ex wife. He lost his long term employment soon after her possession episode and has not been able to recover since. When him and my sister met, he was making some income and has been able to get a few jobs in the last few years, but is unable to hold them. Now he isn't getting interviews anymore for months on end and it is concerning. He is well educated, has plenty of experience with big companies and has explored every option available, even outside his field. I know because I help out alot with the application processes.

His health has been steadily declining, he has lost over 50Lbs, has a very difficult time gaining weight among other big problems and no doctor has been able to help him in 6 years. We are concerned for him.

2. I don't think she was fully cured (my personal opinion). Her behavior improved alot, but had episodes of mania and violence in between although they were mild compared to the usual. The Raqi is the same one which was a big red flag for me. Had I known he was going to the same one I would have stepped in, but I only just found out as I was away for a few weeks. I don't think he is trustworthy. The woman wasn't fully healed, that much is obvious.

Allahu Alim.

Supernova
03-15-2017, 01:12 AM
1. He's not been able to secure employment long term since a year or so after marrying his ex wife. He lost his long term employment soon after her possession episode and has not been able to recover since. When him and my sister met, he was making some income and has been able to get a few jobs in the last few years, but is unable to hold them. Now he isn't getting interviews anymore for months on end and it is concerning. He is well educated, has plenty of experience with big companies and has explored every option available, even outside his field. I know because I help out alot with the application processes.

His health has been steadily declining, he has lost over 50Lbs, has a very difficult time gaining weight among other big problems and no doctor has been able to help him in 6 years. We are concerned for him.

2. I don't think she was fully cured (my personal opinion). Her behavior improved alot, but had episodes of mania and violence in between although they were mild compared to the usual. The Raqi is the same one which was a big red flag for me. Had I known he was going to the same one I would have stepped in, but I only just found out as I was away for a few weeks. I don't think he is trustworthy. The woman wasn't fully healed, that much is obvious.

Allahu Alim.
Asalaamualaykum

May Allah SWT cure him.

1. So how did he loose his jobs ?

2. Why did he go a Raqi that failed in the first place?

3. Did the same Raqi ask him for money on the previous occasion?

4. Why did the Raqi ask him to listen to Surah Al Baqara instead of recite it ?
4.1 Why didn't he ask the Raqi as to why he has to listen to the Surah instead of reciting it?

anonymous
03-15-2017, 10:31 AM
Asalaamualaykum

May Allah SWT cure him.

1. So how did he loose his jobs ?

2. Why did he go a Raqi that failed in the first place?

3. Did the same Raqi ask him for money on the previous occasion?

4. Why did the Raqi ask him to listen to Surah Al Baqara instead of recite it ?
4.1 Why didn't he ask the Raqi as to why he has to listen to the Surah instead of reciting it?
He will not be using the Raqi anymore so all questions pertaining him are irrelevant. His jobs are lost due to company changes. It is an interesting pattern actually. He never gets fired or officially let go. I will not disclose anymore information as this is a public forum. If anyone has advice, please read everything I have posted as most relevant information has been provided. :statisfie

Supernova
03-15-2017, 01:46 PM
He will not be using the Raqi anymore so all questions pertaining him are irrelevant. His jobs are lost due to company changes. It is an interesting pattern actually. He never gets fired or officially let go. I will not disclose anymore information as this is a public forum. If anyone has advice, please read everything I have posted as most relevant information has been provided. :statisfie
Asalaamualaykum

So let me understand this - first post :you needed a Raqi , now you don't need a Raqi ?

aaj
03-15-2017, 02:08 PM

This is very helpful.

I'd like to add a little more to this if I may. As stated before, we suspect that sihr was done to both my brother in law and his ex while they were still married OR perhaps she did it to him after becoming possessed, Allahu Alim. All we know is that she was involved with a friend who did these things and based on behavior and history we are pretty certain something happened.

My question now is, if by any chance sihr was done to both of them as a couple, can he just treat himself or does she also have to get rid of the sihr in order for both of them to be free of it? I ask because she has no interest in Islam and found it comical when she was questioned about this when they first split up (even though she previously was treated for possession with her consent).

I read through the symptoms of evil eye and he actually has most of them:

He has seen many doctors in the last 6 years and cannot get an answer for his declining health. Could this also be due to sihr?

I look forward to more responses. Thank you for your help.
:salam:

If she was involved with a friend who engages in this shirk then more then likely that friend may have done it out of jealousy or some other animosity. Based on what you have described, the signs and symptoms are there to conclude a highly likely possibility of this being done, especially considering he is on his deen and still not getting anywhere. The declining health is one of the common sihrs, as is the one on one's financial success and one's marriage. How much of a gap was there between his marriage to your sister and his contact to his ex? If she doesn't feel repulsed by him or anything then she's probably safe, and given that this is affecting his financial and health then more than likely it may be done on him only.

I think it would be safe to say that he may be the only one who has to do ruqyah on himself, but if she wants to do one as well then there's no harm in that either. More importantly, they both should start reciting the daily adhakars for protection against any new ones that come against them.

If you want to PM me your email i can email you the full document along with the duas and instructions. I've been doing it myself and it has helped a lot.

Further questions:
We shouldn't be needlessly asking questions for our own curiosity. It's best to ask only as much as needed to grasp the dilemma and be able to help.

Umm♥Layth
03-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Asalaamualaykum

So let me understand this - first post :you needed a Raqi , now you don't need a Raqi ?
Why so many questions?

She came here asking for advice and asking if anyone knew a reputable raqi in her area, because she didn't trust the one her brother in law was seeing. Nobody gave her a reference.

She was given advice for self ruqya, which she found helpful. I don't know if this is the route they will be taking, but it was the only usable advice she was given here.

It is clear from her messages that they will not be using the same raqi and that she has not found anyone reputable and that is why she is here asking.

What I'd like to know is, if a physically ill person comes to the community for help and/or a reference to a doctor, are we going to interrogate them to figure out how they got ill and if their illness is valid or are we going to give a good reference and advice to help the pain/problem stop?

Supernova
03-15-2017, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
Why so many questions?

She came here asking for advice and asking if anyone knew a reputable raqi in her area, because she didn't trust the one her brother in law was seeing. Nobody gave her a reference.

She was given advice for self ruqya, which she found helpful. I don't know if this is the route they will be taking, but it was the only usable advice she was given here.

It is clear from her messages that they will not be using the same raqi and that she has not found anyone reputable and that is why she is here asking.

What I'd like to know is, if a physically ill person comes to the community for help and/or a reference to a doctor, are we going to interrogate them to figure out how they got ill and if their illness is valid or are we going to give a good reference and advice to help the pain/problem stop?
Asalaamualaykum

I never knew asking questions, trying to ascertain the clarity on a story is considered "interrogation" - I rather give advise based on the whole picture.

There are so many permutations regarding the course of action. Wouldn't it be wise to understand the full issue at hand first?

If you followed the entire issue you would have noticed that from asking for a Raqi - the person then says they don't require one.

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
Well if you follow your logic here, you'd up sending a person with a toothache to a cardiologist.

Muhaba
03-15-2017, 09:50 PM
I highly doubt that sihr can affect fate. I think it only affects a person's behavior and mental state. So if that is true, then your brother in law losing jobs wouldn't be because of sihr. It's fate. On the other hand, if he is losing jobs either because he himself can't hold onto the jobs for some reason - not feeling like going to work, having problems with management- then that can be due to sihr or it can be due to mental problems or shock from the previous marriage. Weight problems can be due to depression or anxiety, which can be caused by not being able to hold onto the job and the worries that come with it. Or they can be some other health issue. On the other hand, sihr can cause mental problems which can cause anxiety and weight problems. I guess you would need to look at other symptoms to know whether it is sihr or a different problem. What is his main issue right now? Is it not being able to keep a job for long? Is there some form of fear because of which he might not want to work at a permanent position. For example, if he was working full time and traveling too when he had previous marital problems, then it's possible he's afraid it will happen again and so he might subconsciously not want to hold a permanent position.

As for ruqya, there are easy ruqya duas, the surahs of ruqya (four Quls, ayatul Kursi, Al Fatiha) and some simple duas that can be easily memorized and recited like "Allahuma inni aoozobi kalimatallahi min kuli shaytanin haamma wa min kulli aynin laamma). In addition, he can recite Syrah Al Baqarah or a part of it every day and blow it on himself, his family, and belongings. May Allah give him shifa from sihr and other ailments. There is really no need to go to a raqi or do complicated hour long ruqyas.

Ones belief about ones health and condition also can have an effect. If one believes he has issues, then it can affect his situation. On the other hand, a positive attitude, belief that things are okay and will get better can improve a person's situation. Sihr of course can affect a person's mental attitude and can cause a person to be unable to maintain jobs.

Butterfly
03-15-2017, 10:03 PM
Wa alaikum as-Salaam Brother/Sister Anonymous,

I feel awful about what your brother in law has been going through and the effects of that which your family has to go through. It is amazing to read that your BIL is still praying 5x a day and even Tahajjud whereas many people in his case or in difficulty may give up these duties and take on a negative perspective. May Allah accept his Ibadah and ease his struggles, Ameen.

I don't have too much experience about sihr, jinn possession, or evil eye. There is a lot of reading material at kalamullah.com on this topic, that's how I learned of it. Going through the extensive reading material you can set up a schedule to combat what you believe his case may be. One thing I have learned is it is advised not to ask others to perform ruqyah, rather do it yourself as one can gain the reward not being called for account on the DOJ. Also, the last part of Surah Al-Baqarah, Allah tells us that He doesn't burden a soul more than s/he can bear. So this burden is a blessing in disguise as your BIL may be getting rewarded for his trials and attaining a position closer to Allah.

And, it is great to know that you are doing everything to help your family out. I've seen many people to be selfish and turn the other cheek when their own family members (including extended) are in need. May Allah help you all get through this trial, increase your families rizq and barakah and strengthen the bond, Ameen. I'm also sorry that you haven't gotten much help from us. Had I first hand experience in this I would have definitely helped you out.

aaj
03-16-2017, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhaba
I highly doubt that sihr can affect fate.
Imam Ahmad and al-Tirmidhi narrated that Asma bint ‘Umays said: “O Messenger of Allah, the children of J’afar have been afflicted by the evil eye, shall we recite ruqyah for them?” He said, “Yes, for if anything were to overtake the divine decree it would be the evil eye.”

sihr is not far behind...

aaj
03-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Lawful treatment for Sihr

http://alifta.org/Fatawa/FatawaSubje...&MarkIndex=0&0

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.