/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Breaking a promise to allah

Bobbyflay23
03-15-2017, 05:40 PM
I made two promises to allah subhana wa ta ala 1.i will not waste time With unproductive acts instead of praying 2. I will study a hour of Quran and I said I would do it yesterday it's passed and I don't know if the promise was 100% filled The only time I wasted time was when I went to sleep and I put A alarm but it never woke me up and I slept past magbrib that's not the promise I broke the promise I broke was to study Islam to increase my iman and I read the translated Quran for 40 mins and I fell asleep before I could finish the hour and apperently allah puts hypocrisy in people's hearts if they break a promise to him I fear that his punishments allready here because I couldn't have a single spiritual prayer I keep following his rules and sunnah but I just feel nothing in my heart towards allah I know he's real I belive in him I just feel nothing towards him or against him

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
03-15-2017, 11:01 PM
best not to make promises as due to our weakness we can well break them; this is not good

but dont worry as there is no sin in breaking promises unless one has said 'i swear by Allah ...' but ofcourse breaking promises constantly goes against good ethical character

Bobbyflay23
03-15-2017, 11:02 PM
I did swear to allah I said wallahi and I tried to repent but I can't get a sliver of remorse out

AbdurRahman.
03-15-2017, 11:06 PM
the remorse for it is done by fasting for 3 days; thats the recompense for breaking oaths!; thats what you have to do; infact if you've broken 2 then it's 6 days! :Emoji46: [those fasts should sort your heart out and maybe then you'll feel remorse! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bobbyflay23
03-15-2017, 11:11 PM
Ok thanks you I was kinda scared I have to go to hell now after all the work I did to be a good Muslim I thought that was only for normal oaths not one directly too allah

OmAbdullah
03-15-2017, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
I did swear to allah I said wallahi and I tried to repent but I can't get a sliver of remorse out

Assalaamo alaikum,

If you cannot fast then you have the option of feeding 10 poor people two times for one oath and the same for the second oath. The law of expiation of oath is given in the following verse of the Holy Quraan. Its translation is:

Allah will not impose blame upon you for what is meaningless in your oaths, but He will impose blame upon you for [breaking] what you intended of oaths. So its expiation is the feeding of ten needy people from the average of that which you feed your [own] families or clothing them or the freeing of a slave. But whoever cannot find [or afford it] - then a fast of three days [is required]. That is the expiation for oaths when you have sworn. But guard your oaths. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be grateful.

(Surah Al-Maa'idah verse 89)

In the verse you have more options. Do whatever kafaarah you can.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.