/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i need help

hafsa123
03-16-2017, 05:26 PM
hiiii, im a muslim , but I listen to kpop a lot (basically meaning Korean music ) im 14 years old right now and I love my deen and 100% believe allah is god,i read quran and also pray five times a day.So I was wondering if its not effecting my deen is it still ok to listen to kpop?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
03-16-2017, 06:21 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Music comes under "idle talk," so it would be preferable and best to stop listening to it. I understand that you don't believe it affects your worship, but if you listen to it more than you listen to quran and if you memorize the lyrics and music better than you know the words of Allah, then you should know that it is affecting your worship. It does not benefit your deen. You shouldn't have any attachment to it, and unfortunately many people do have an attachment to it to the point where they'll say "music is my life" astughfirallah. I know that kpop is this new trend going on amongst the youth, but their influence brings no benefit to you or anyone else. You're also at an age where you are probably interested in boys or will be, so looking at these boys and girls dancing suggestively is haram.

Supernova
03-16-2017, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafsa123
hiiii, im a muslim , but I listen to kpop a lot (basically meaning Korean music ) im 14 years old right now and I love my deen and 100% believe allah is god,i read quran and also pray five times a day.So I was wondering if its not effecting my deen is it still ok to listen to kpop?
Asalaamualaykum

The fact that you asking the question already implies that you very well know the Islamic position on music. (ie It is Haraam)

Obviously Shaytaan has already tricked you in making you believe that it is not effecting your deen. In reality it is.

Our beloved Rasool [SAW] has mentioned on many occasions that music is an evil vice & stressed that a true believer should shun it at all costs.

When Shaytaan cannot stop us from doing a good deed, he will turn to leading us astray in to other evil vices so that those evil vices by its nature will eventually eradicate the very good deed that couldn't stop us from doing.

Shaytaan is a cunning experienced enemy. He has been misleading Insaan from day one.

You are young and making a grand effort to bring yourself closer to Allah SWT.

Are you really prepared to put all those rewards at risk because of Kpop ?

Wasalaam.

Umm♥Layth
03-16-2017, 11:29 PM
:sl:

I used to be a big jpop fan and I still enjoy anime from time to time. When people come to Islam, they are encouraged to come as they are and that's because with time, and as their faith gets stronger and they become more knowledgeable, they purposely let go of those things which obstruct them from the warmth and comfort they feel when they are close to Allah.

Music is a form of distraction, but what is more powerful about music is the way it hijacks your thoughts. People claim all the time that they are in control of their thoughts and they have free minds, when in reality, all the noise, music, video games etc, dictate how you feel and what you think; then comes the idolizing and you are stepping on fire.

So I ask you, young padawan, do you prefer to have control over your thoughts, therefore your life, or do you prefer to hand over that control to somebody else?

I can't remember the last time I purposely listened to music. I have so much room to think and I'm constantly in deep thought. Writing has become so easy for me. Learning has become so easy for me and my prayers became consistent as well (Alhamdullilah!), coincidence? I think not.

Instead of fighting your naffs about what is halal and haraam (and justifying wrong actions), learn to empower yourself with knowledge. It becomes very easy to make the right decisions, insha'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummshareef
03-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

Alhamdulillah. You have been given some really great advice above, which you would do well to take careful note of in sha'Allah.

Be in no doubt that music is a huge distraction from worship and will therefore damage spiritual development, no matter how harmless we may think it is. Indeed, it is considered by many scholars to be a form of speech of the Shaytaan.

My sons attend Islamic school and if any boy were caught listening to music they would be in big big trouble :cry:.

noraina
03-17-2017, 02:21 PM
Wa alaykumassalam,

It's wonderful that at such a young age you are engaged in your religion ma'sha'Allah, this is always so uplifting to see. May Allah swt always keep you steadfast, ameen!

I was something of a music addict a few years ago, and the truth is, it is hugely distracting. And it is only when you take a break from it that you realise just how much an effect music can have on your mood, thoughts, feelings...something you do not realise while you're listening to it regularly. It is something of an intoxicant on the soul, people often say how music 'takes them away' or 'makes them forget' what they're going through - that's precisely its problem.

As a Muslim we should be constantly focused on our life and how we are living it. We should understand our purpose is to worship Allah, and become the best Muslim and person we can become. And anything which may distract us from that, it's best to do without it.

And that is the beauty of Islam - Allah wants us to be constantly focused and aware of wha twe are doing and where we are going. When I stopped listening to music, as the sister above has said, I could focus on my salah so much better, and during those 'quiet moments' when I would normally have turned on the music, I just reflected on my own thoughts. I could focus more on building myself.

It can seem hard at first, like, 'what on earth am I going to do without music'. But it's quite educational as you realise how much you don't need it. Now if I am watching or listening to something and there is music I mute it or change the channel.

btw, there are so many beautiful nasheeds available to listen to as well, not to mention the Qur'an. When you leave something for Allah, there is always something better to replace it. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!