/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did I nullify my good deeds for 40 days? And can I pray at school anymore?

Aaqib
03-17-2017, 12:09 AM
I ate 2 mcdonald fries, and I got thoughts "these fries are haram". But I ignored it because I thought it was waswas and I didn't want my parents mad at me. But then I had doubts so I researched and now I know mcdonald fries are haram. Did I nuliffy my good deeds for 40 days??

And btw can I pray at school anymore. The only prayer rooms for us is rooms with images. And now I can go home and pray Dhuhr salah at home, but I can't pray in congregation or Jumu'ah..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
03-17-2017, 01:06 AM
Asalaamualaykum
Refer to an Aalim however my understanding is :

It doesn't nullify it - At the point there was no certainty of haram at that point.

Your second issue: From my understanding, because removing the images is beyond your control - it will be preferable that the boys pray that in jamaah in the classroom instead of individually at home.

If I am wrong please do come back and let me know.
Wasalaam.

talibilm
03-17-2017, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
I ate 2 mcdonald fries, and I got thoughts "these fries are haram". But I ignored it because I thought it was waswas and I didn't want my parents mad at me. But then I had doubts so I researched and now I know mcdonald fries are haram. Did I nuliffy my good deeds for 40 days??
:sl: french fries are not haram since its made up of veg but if the oil used was also for frying pork etc then its implied so and we avoid it. Just check with the shop does they use the same oil or frying pan for both french fries & ham or pork products .

Did it nullify your 40 days Ibadah ?

If haram enters our body its seen from hadith that's true but in your case Allahu aalam since its not yet clear cut,BUT WE SHOULD AVOID NOT ONLY MC DONALDS BUT ANY FOOD shop that uses the same utensils for food stuffs including pork. BUT WITH NO OTHER RESORT IF THE UTENSILS are WASHED 7 times before cooking halal food its acceptable BUT BETTER AVOID doubtful matters if you do not wash yourselves since do not know any Non Muslims will sincerely do that for us.

And btw can I pray at school anymore. The only prayer rooms for us is rooms with images. And now I can go home and pray Dhuhr salah at home, but I can't pray in congregation or Jumu'ah..
Its better to pray ON TIME even if there are images then doing Qadha or praying at late time. So pray first there in your class and after getting back home if you are still within the time of say Zuhar salah pray at home again .

Zuhar salah for shafi expires at about once the shadow of the size of the object is reached and for hanafi its extended untill the shadow is DOUBLE the size of the image.

M.I.A.
03-17-2017, 02:36 AM
O you who believe! do not go near prayer when you are Intoxicated until you know (well) what you say
(Surah Nisa 4:43)

...not sure on the 40 day ruling.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
03-18-2017, 01:03 AM
Wait so I have to pray 4 rakat dhuhr at school AND at home?

And the 40 day ruling. oh well. I'll just try my best

ZeeshanParvez
03-18-2017, 01:49 AM

No.

You are forced by necessity so yes it will be accepted in shaa Allaah. If you can go home and pray on time then you will do that. If the time elapses by then, then you must pray where you can on time.

Try to cover the pictures with something while praying. If you cannot and have no other option but to pray in the room or else your prayer will get delayed then in shaa Allaah Allaah will accept your prayers.

Reference(s):

هل تجوز الصلاة في غرفة بها صور ذوات أرواح

Aaqib
03-18-2017, 05:55 PM
I can go home and pray Dhuhr, though it'll be really late.

AbdurRahman.
03-18-2017, 10:29 PM
although hadith might say 'it nullifies for 40 days' yet this is a strict sort of 'punishment from ALlah' and if we repent from it we can hope our prayers are accepted, or otherwise hadith would have said, dont bother praying in that circumstance for 40 days.

so keep on praying in the hope it will be accepted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.