/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Devotion to Muhammad (PBUH)

Seekeroftruth17
03-20-2017, 12:55 PM
I am trying to understand Islam and specifically the Muslim view of devotion to Muhammad (PBUH). Could you please explain to me your devotion to Muhammad (PBUH) and what that means to you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
03-20-2017, 04:19 PM
Peace be with you.

As Muslims, we are devoted to God, and we find the best way to devote to God, is to follow the example of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh.

Hope this helps, God bless :)

Scimi

Serinity
03-20-2017, 05:32 PM
We do not worship / devote ourselves to the Prophet Muhammad :saws: . IN Islam, Devotion is solely and only for Allah.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Scimitar
03-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Salaam bro Serenity,

The Christian caveat is "salvation through Jesus".

The Muslims believe "Salvation through the mercy of Allah."

Theoloigcally, I am unable to understand or make sense of trinity, and the inconsistency of it. I am unable to accept that God is a author of confusion and so, I do not consider the New Testament to be the Injeel given to Jesus pbuh, but rather, the New Testament is for me, a book of Christian Ahadeeth which were canonised in Nicea circa 325CE.

In comparison, we sit on much stronger theological foundations and have no issues with understanding what salvation is. When we contrast to the Christian theology regarding the idea of salvation, we find an escapist reasoning - one man dies for the sins of all who believe they are saved. This means that in Christian theology, sin is inherited. While in our Muslim theology, we understand clearly that no man will bare the sin of another.

Theology aside, I think this thread I made last night is very on topic in this thread so will plug those posts here God willing.

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Assalaam alaikum - peace and blessings from God be with you.

We're all tired of the argumentation between the worlds two largest faith groups - Christianity and Islam. How about discourse though?

Dr James White - Christian Theologian and Shaikh Dr Yasir Qadhi - Muslim Theologian, have a wonderfully intelligent exchange which I believe we members from the Christian and Muslim faith groups here on IB can really benefit from, God willing

I'll let this video's do the talking.

Thread here

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
03-20-2017, 05:42 PM
I would at this point in the thread, like to ask the OP how they are "devoted to Jesus" ??? because I believe Muslims are more like Jesus than any Christian is today.

And I can prove it. in sha Allah.

Scimi

Seekeroftruth17
03-20-2017, 09:47 PM
Hi Scimi,
Blessings to you. Are there some basic things that I should do to follow the example of the prophet Muhammad? (PBUH)

Seekeroftruth17
03-24-2017, 08:02 PM
Hi Scimi,
Can you explain more of why Muslims are more like Jesus than any Christians today? I am very interested in your response.

B

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.