/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Celtic football club fans show support to the Palestinian people.

Scottish Celt
03-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Just incase you missed it this happened in the summer in 2016 when my club Celtic FC played Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva who have a big Zionist support in the UEFA Champions league

fans display;
https://youtu.be/Qv709baepTM

protests outside stadium before K.O;
https://youtu.be/HKxpJVqrlzY

UEFA fined our club something like 20k iirc,for bringing politics into football,but Israel is NOT Europe so they are hypocrits,but our fans raised over 175k which went to 2 Palestinian charities;

https://youtu.be/f2WkWQuMA3M

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scottish Celt
03-20-2017, 09:30 PM
https://youtu.be/LrCCg1GAA2w

Scottish Celt
05-22-2017, 06:47 PM
Another show of support,for Palestine,and the hungerstrikers,this was on the 6th of may

''FREEDOM & DIGNITY''......''HUNGERING FOR JUSTICE''

anatolian
05-22-2017, 07:54 PM
I believe Christiano Ronaldo started it first and it became a common practice in the European fans who associate themselves with some ideology. The fans of the Turkish football club I support is also famous with it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scottish Celt
05-22-2017, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
I believe Christiano Ronaldo started it first and it became a common practice in the European fans who associate themselves with some ideology. The fans of the Turkish football club I support is also famous with it.
Who is your Turkish club? I have home & away Fenerbahce shirts,that I wear to the gym:shade:

Celtic have always shown solidarity with Palestine as the Scots/Irish communities can relate to their struggle as Ireland was an oppressed country.

anatolian
05-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Yes I know Celtic has a stance, at least their fans have. My team is Beşiktaş. Beşiktaş fans are the most political sports group in Turkey. They too protested Israel a few times

Scottish Celt
05-22-2017, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Yes I know Celtic has a stance, at least their fans have. My team is Beşiktaş. Beşiktaş fans are the most political sports group in Turkey. They too protested Israel a few times
Ah Besiktas,good club I think their fans are called Carsi? very left wing? also very unlucky against Lyon,Despite liking Fener I was hoping Besiktas would win Europa league as it would be good for Turkish football,...I having a liking for Turkey in general would love to visit Istanbul one day,ba'zar markets/blue mosque/taksim square & all the other great sites,i also think Erdogan will make Turkey great by what I am hearing

anatolian
05-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Yes they are left wing but I like their stance. Yes come to Istanbul. There is a nice Islamic history here which I believe can give you a different understanding.

Scottish Celt
06-25-2017, 03:00 PM

Celtic Football Club
✔ @celticfc

Happy #Eid from everyone at #CelticFC! #EidMubarak
9:30 AM - 25 Jun 2017

jaybird
06-25-2017, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scottish Celt
Just incase you missed it this happened in the summer in 2016 when my club Celtic FC played Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva who have a big Zionist support in the UEFA Champions league

fans display;
https://youtu.be/Qv709baepTM

protests outside stadium before K.O;
https://youtu.be/HKxpJVqrlzY

UEFA fined our club something like 20k iirc,for bringing politics into football,but Israel is NOT Europe so they are hypocrits,but our fans raised over 175k which went to 2 Palestinian charities;

https://youtu.be/f2WkWQuMA3M
hope more will follow their example

Al Sultan
07-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Mashallah, I never knew that Celtic supported Palestine, never went on the news.

They're the best football club in Scotland right? they have some good players, Sinclair, and the legend Moussa Dembele!

But man, I never thought any European country would stand up for Palestine..

Ya know what, I think I'm gonna support Celtic from now on ;)

jaybird
07-03-2017, 08:47 PM
anyone remember back in the day when Henrik Larsson played for them? those were the good ole days.

Al Sultan
07-04-2017, 12:29 PM
He played for Celtic? I only know that he used to played for Barcelona, that's interesting, and I just searched it up, he played for Celtic more than any club in his career too.

Scottish Celt
07-12-2017, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan
Mashallah, I never knew that Celtic supported Palestine, never went on the news.

They're the best football club in Scotland right? they have some good players, Sinclair, and the legend Moussa Dembele!

But man, I never thought any European country would stand up for Palestine..

Ya know what, I think I'm gonna support Celtic from now on ;)
Yes,you will always see a Palestine flag at Celtic park,although our club was founded by an Irish Catholic priest his motto was ''A club open to all'',meaning all ''faiths & creeds'',we are proud of our multi-culturism & welcome all,except racists or Zionists, we have some good Muslim players in the past play for Celtic

Free,free Palestine;)

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by jaybird
anyone remember back in the day when Henrik Larsson played for them? those were the good ole days.
A legendary figure for Celtic how I miss him lol

- - - Updated - - -

He played for Celtic? I only know that he used to played for Barcelona, that's interesting, and I just searched it up, he played for Celtic more than any club in his career too.
Yes Helsingborg,Feyenoord,Celtic,Barcelona,Manchester utd & then retired at Helsingborgs

jaybird
07-12-2017, 08:39 PM

A legendary figure for Celtic how I miss him lol
i would have never guessed a guy called Scottish Celt would have been a fan of Celtic of the Scottish premier legue. lol

I was always a Fiorentina, Seria A guy. you know the better footballers are always from Italy. just saying.

Al Sultan
07-13-2017, 08:48 AM
in serie A, I'm always an AC Milan guy haha, really love them (and obviously they're not as good as they were in the past but I still support them no matter what)

Scottish Celt
07-13-2017, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jaybird
i would have never guessed a guy called Scottish Celt would have been a fan of Celtic of the Scottish premier legue. lol

I was always a Fiorentina, Seria A guy. you know the better footballers are always from Italy. just saying.
SerieA used to be good in the 90s,Battistuta was a great player then for Fiorentina

in serie A, I'm always an AC Milan guy haha, really love them (and obviously they're not as good as they were in the past but I still support them no matter what)
I was in Milan's San Siro stadium in 2007 when Celtic played AC Milan in the champions league the,sadly we lost 1-0 in extra time:cry:

jaybird
07-13-2017, 07:47 PM
SerieA used to be good in the 90s,Battistuta was a great player then for Fiorentina

I was in Milan's San Siro stadium in 2007 when Celtic played AC Milan in the champions league the,sadly we lost 1-0 in extra time:cry:
the 90s was the golden age of football. there were so many good players. it was also the last years of good league play before they started making super teams giant payroles. it really took a lot of passion from the game.

Khanali12
07-14-2017, 02:12 AM
Meanwhile muslim countries such as SA remain silent.

Mustafa16
07-19-2017, 12:20 AM
May Allah help the people of Filisteen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.