/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Disrespecting parents

Bobbyflay23
03-21-2017, 03:21 AM
If my dad forgives me for being disrespectful do I still have to repent to allah and also if I repent to allah for disrespecting my mom but she doesn't forgive me then what happens

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
03-21-2017, 06:11 AM
Yes you have to repent even if your parents forgive you since its a major sin & commandment of Allah.

If you mother does not forgive you Allah does not forgive as well > its a Major sin. So keep begging n persuading your Mom, one day she will forgive inshallah and ask dua to Allah for the same

Bobbyflay23
03-21-2017, 06:13 AM
Hmm well what if I disrespected her because she brainwashed me to hate my dad and she won't forgive me until I take her side and backbite my dad with her?

talibilm
03-21-2017, 06:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Hmm well what if I disrespected her because she brainwashed me to hate my dad and she won't forgive me until I take her side and backbite my dad with her?

Allah dis allows to listen to our parents in abiding them in doing big sins. So you are not sinful IMO ,

Allah knows the best. let other kniowledgeable comment here on this issue.please.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bobbyflay23
03-21-2017, 06:24 AM
Ok thanks for the help atleast

Bobbyflay23
03-21-2017, 09:10 PM
Any one else got advice on what to do?

Reminder
03-22-2017, 01:21 AM
You do not need to repent because Allah is more forgiving than any Human therefore if your dad forgives you it means Allah already forgave you.

Butterfly
03-22-2017, 02:04 AM
Gently remind her that Allah is Ever Watching and she is asking you to do something prohibited. Try to find an opportunity to ask her to also repent and ask for Allah's forgivness.
It will be easier for her to forgive you when she is aware of what is wrong.

Bobbyflay23
03-22-2017, 02:08 AM
She says what she's doing isn't backbiting if I tell her it's haram she just gets angry and says I'm not her son anymore and blocks me then unblock me like a few days later

Bobbyflay23
03-22-2017, 02:11 AM
I've tried that tbh re reading her msgs she's like using her forgiveness as somthing she's trading with me

*charisma*
03-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

It seems that you have some family issues, where your mother is very angry with your father and she wants you to feel the same towards him as well. Everything she says about him she probably thinks he deserves. So, even though you have reminded her, she still doesn't care. You don't have to backbite your father, nor be a part of the backbiting, so I don't think your mother is angry at you because you don't backbite him but because she feels you are taking his side over hers and defending him. So my advice is don't get involved. Respect both of your parents the way you should, and if your mom backbites your dad in your presence just leave the room or tell her to not bring up his name in your presence. You don't have to be rude about it or anything, but don't let her make a habit out of talking about him in front of you. I know it sounds crazy but she probably backbites him because she has no one else to rant to or discuss her marital problems with, so she does it in front of you.

Bobbyflay23
03-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Well if I say I don't care about what happened inbettween you guys she'll get just as angry and that didn't answer about if allah will forgive me for disrespecting her or if I need her forgiveness too I don't really need advice because there is no advice that will work because she lies allot and plays innocent so really there's nothing I can do about that except ignore what she says but what would you say about me repenting to allah but she doesn't forgive me and she's basically saying I'll only forgive you if you take my side

AbdurRahman.
03-22-2017, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Any one else got advice on what to do?
say to your mum, mum thats a sin so i cant listen to you sorry!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.