/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Umrah Shaving?

ah17865
03-24-2017, 09:27 AM
Is it allowed for a man to shave his beard and facial hair after completing umrah?

If man shaves his head bold, then decides to shave facial hair - is this allowed?

If not please provide reasons and proof, and also as far as I know it is NOT fard to keep beard , but sunnah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
03-24-2017, 10:07 AM
:sl:

Its allowed to shorten your heads hair OR shaving your head IS THE BEST & MOST VIRTUOUS BUT Its barred to shave beard which is sunnah muakkada and wajib (as per hanfi imam ) which is also apparent from hadiths like this

Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 93 :: Hadith 651
Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible). The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards). (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

NOTE: iF you cant a keep a fist size lengthened beard at least do not shave but keep a light beard atleast to show our commitment to Allah and his Nabi

ah17865
03-24-2017, 04:50 PM
As I said, it is not fard, or in simple terms: just because a man does not keep his beard does NOT mean he will go to hell for it. You are making it out as if its a fard when it is not!

AbdurRahman.
03-25-2017, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ah17865
As I said, it is not fard, or in simple terms: just because a man does not keep his beard does NOT mean he will go to hell for it. You are making it out as if its a fard when it is not!
there is consensus on shaving being haraam so yes it will take you to hell bro!

there is difference of opinion on the length it should be, but shaving is haraam. period!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
03-26-2017, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ah17865
Is it allowed for a man to shave his beard and facial hair after completing umrah?

If man shaves his head bold, then decides to shave facial hair - is this allowed?

If not please provide reasons and proof, and also as far as I know it is NOT fard to keep beard , but sunnah.
Asalaamualaykum Dear brother in Islam:
(This is a response to both your quotes thus far in the thread)

Firstly I dont think you would find issues regarding shaving the head.

As far as the beard is concerned - before divulging into that answer, it is of the utmost importance for you to ask yourself if you asking:

1. What is the Shariah ruling regarding the issue ?
OR
2. What will Allah SWT response be on the day of your reckoning?

If you dont know what you yourself are really asking then peoples answers regarding this will seem fruitless.
I will try to answer both for you.

The Shariah ruling regarding this matter across all four madahib is that it is haraam to shave the beard. It is only within the Maaliki madhab that a dispute of what is regarded as the beard comes into play. After that definition is clarified - then it cycles back to the first principle that whatever that definition is, it is still Haraam to shave that portion. The other issue that comes into play is the length (but that wont make a difference here as you are not asking about the length)

If you asking what will the judgement of Allah SWT be to the omission of the beard - then unfortunately no person in the entire forum can answer that as only Allah SWT knows what mercy he will show and what punishment he will render. What we do know as Muslims is that in this limited life we have do as much as we can in good deeds as it will be the good deeds that will earn the mercy of Allah SWT be it Fard, Wajib, Sunnah Muakada, Ghair sunnah muakada, Nafl Etc.

It will be a weakness of understanding in Islam to think that should one do just the Fardh Actions then it is sufficient to enter Jannah. If this was the case, then the prophet SAW would have only demonstrated Fardh actions. In fact - for a person to think that Fardh is all we need is indirectly insulting Rasool SAW because we will be implying inadvertently that he wasted his time showing us actions besides Fardh.

I always give people this analogy regarding the Sunnah.
The Fardh of Islam is like bricks. The Sunnah & remainder actions are like the plaster that binds the bricks.

We all are in the struggle just like you.

All you can do is try your best.
Wasalaam.

AbdurRahman.
03-26-2017, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
there is consensus on shaving being haraam so yes it will take you to hell bro!

there is difference of opinion on the length it should be, but shaving is haraam. period!
let me just elaborate on that

it leads to hell yes as it's a haraam act that is punishable, but not that indeed we'll end up in there ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.