/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Things to be grateful for...

Blueflame
03-24-2017, 08:23 PM
-بسم الله‎‎-

Feel free to contribute

you're all encouraged to help me make a list of things we are grateful for together

So I'll start of with the first of the lot being

Islam Deen Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Butterfly
03-24-2017, 09:19 PM
The weather today
Waking up this morning Alhamdulillah
Jellooooo @Finding MEMO (mom surprised me by buying two packs of jello)

I'm grateful for my mom ALHAMDULILLAH (Allah please have mercy on her as she had on me when I was little) Rabbir hum huma kama rabbayani saghira

Butterfly
03-24-2017, 09:20 PM
Ameen

Rapunzel
03-25-2017, 12:53 AM
I'm grateful for the air that I breath, the food that I eat. I'm grateful to have a full, functioning, healthy body.

I'm grateful for having met a very special person in my life... Who has a terminal illness, but is brought to my path in the last stages of life...

Alhamdoulilah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Simple_Person
03-25-2017, 02:43 AM
To know what is being grateful, one must first know what it is of not having them. Want a list?

- A washing machine. Ever tried to wash your clothes with your hand (time and effort it takes..might be at it the whole day)...ALHAMDULILLAH
- Tap water. Ever pondered about how far we would have to walk to get clean water back home? While now we just go to the kitchen and get clean water. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being at home and suddenly wanting to taste some chocolate. Just going to the store buying some..ever stood still how difficult else it would be in the past? ALHAMDULILLAH
- Went to sleep and wake up in the night listening to completely silence outside as everybody is a sleep. So peaceful. ALHAMDULILLAH.
- Wanting to know something, just turning on your computer or phone and search the biggest library humanity has every known (internet). ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Walking around your house while it is in the middle of the night just turning on a lamp to see where you are going..ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Talking to you guys while never seeing your face now or maybe never ever in this life sharing knowledge. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Having guidance in a time of confusion and corruption. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to ponder about the blessings of Allah(swt) and how much He has given us without even us asking for one of those things..ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Living in a time where each of our prayer is worth 40 prayers of the sahaba's because of all the corruption surrounding us, ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to drink a glass of ice cold water during the hot summer day. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to feel the coolness of a airco on a hot summer day. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Wanting to travel to South America in matter of days. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Looking outside through the window how beautiful snow looks, while being all warm inside. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Freezing your food in for 6 months to take it out to eat, while being all good to eat. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to eat dates that i just bought at the local grocery store, that has come from a FAR DISTANT land. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Taste and eat fruits that i would never even have known about that have come from only one particular place. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to walk up a stair without any help because of two working legs, ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to chew food that else would be too difficult to swallow. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to hear somebody say something, while not even looking at that person. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to see someone you haven't seen in such a long time. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to part ways with some people that are bad for you in your life. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Grabbing something because of good working hands and arms and muscles. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Knowing that you know nothing and understanding that you understand nothing. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Knowing AND understanding that He protects you and HAS YOUR back AND NEVER will let you down as other human would. ALHAMDULILLAH!!!!!!
- Knowing AND understanding that you can talk to Him without He ever would get enough of you talking to Him. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Knowing AND UNDERSTANDING that if you would even be all on your own, He would still be with you where ever you are or go. ALHAMDULILLAH!!

We are so rich with all the things He gives us (ALHAMDULILLAH but because we do not ponder we think we are so poor. How ignorant and foolish we are.

talibilm
03-25-2017, 03:55 AM
:sl:

Be grateful to Allah ar Rahman who perfectly designed you & your body parts and kept them intact (not disabled ) with with which our daily life is smooth . Our lord also saves us from every danger of his poisonous creatures , accidents and disasters (natural or unnatural).

He also blessed us with eemaan and shows us the right path to him . Being grateful to our LORD is the UTMOST duty of every human being . So even non muslims must search their true Lord (Lord of the humans and all that exists) , in the way & with DUE efforts to search him and he will surely show the path if you want to sincerely find him.

Read verse http://legacy.quran.com/53/39-40

talibilm
03-25-2017, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
To know what is being grateful, one must first know what it is of not having them. Want a list?

- A washing machine. Ever tried to wash your clothes with your hand (time and effort it takes..might be at it the whole day)...ALHAMDULILLAH
- Tap water. Ever pondered about how far we would have to walk to get clean water back home? While now we just go to the kitchen and get clean water. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being at home and suddenly wanting to taste some chocolate. Just going to the store buying some..ever stood still how difficult else it would be in the past? ALHAMDULILLAH
- Went to sleep and wake up in the night listening to completely silence outside as everybody is a sleep. So peaceful. ALHAMDULILLAH.
- Wanting to know something, just turning on your computer or phone and search the biggest library humanity has every known (internet). ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Walking around your house while it is in the middle of the night just turning on a lamp to see where you are going..ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Talking to you guys while never seeing your face now or maybe never ever in this life sharing knowledge. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Having guidance in a time of confusion and corruption. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to ponder about the blessings of Allah(swt) and how much He has given us without even us asking for one of those things..ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Living in a time where each of our prayer is worth 40 prayers of the sahaba's because of all the corruption surrounding us, ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to drink a glass of ice cold water during the hot summer day. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to feel the coolness of a airco on a hot summer day. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Wanting to travel to South America in matter of days. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Looking outside through the window how beautiful snow looks, while being all warm inside. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Freezing your food in for 6 months to take it out to eat, while being all good to eat. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to eat dates that i just bought at the local grocery store, that has come from a FAR DISTANT land. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Taste and eat fruits that i would never even have known about that have come from only one particular place. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to walk up a stair without any help because of two working legs, ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to chew food that else would be too difficult to swallow. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to hear somebody say something, while not even looking at that person. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to see someone you haven't seen in such a long time. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Being able to part ways with some people that are bad for you in your life. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Grabbing something because of good working hands and arms and muscles. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Knowing that you know nothing and understanding that you understand nothing. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Knowing AND understanding that He protects you and HAS YOUR back AND NEVER will let you down as other human would. ALHAMDULILLAH!!!!!!
- Knowing AND understanding that you can talk to Him without He ever would get enough of you talking to Him. ALHAMDULILLAH!!
- Knowing AND UNDERSTANDING that if you would even be all on your own, He would still be with you where ever you are or go. ALHAMDULILLAH!!

We are so rich with all the things He gives us (ALHAMDULILLAH but because we do not ponder we think we are so poor. How ignorant and foolish we are.
:sl:

sorry Just read this now. EXCELLENT THOUGHT PROVOKING POST

jazakallah khair

Eric H
03-25-2017, 09:54 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Simple_Person;

To know what is being grateful, one must first know what it is of not having them.
I spent some time with a homeless man, he carried everything he had in a couple of bags. He said that every night when he found somewhere to sleep, he recalled his day; and found several things to thank God for.

In the spirit of striving to be thankful.

Eric

Scottish Celt
03-25-2017, 09:55 AM
The weather today perfect climate the sun is shining,after some bad/cold weather lately

the good grades my daughter has been getting at school & the bond with my son which is improving

ALHAMDULILLAH!!!

Simple_Person
03-25-2017, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scottish Celt
The weather today perfect climate the sun is shining,after some bad/cold weather lately

the good grades my daughter has been getting at school & the bond with my son which is improving

ALHAMDULILLAH!!!
2-3 years ago I was waiting for my plane to arrive to go back home from vacation. I saw a brother at the airport and he was gonna take the same plane as I. He was a very clear practicing brother and I was thinking of how lovely would it be that I would sit next to that brother. When we went and took our seats I sat next to a lady and a gentleman to my right. Suddenly out of nowhere that lady went away and that exact brother that I wished I would want to sit came and sat next to me. I mean of all the places. Anyways it happened to be that he studied Shari'a law and one of the things he said when I said something was about the weather. He said cannot complain about the weather as complaining about something that has been decreed.

Since then I haven't complained anymore about the weather. I have even seen whatever the weather condition as a blessing. From rain to snow to sun. There are countries that beg to have a good rainy day as they haven't had rain for months. So whatever the weather Alhamdullilah. Even recently I found out rain water contains nitrogen which is beneficial for plant growth. I was amazed about that. Everything has its blessing even sun. To know how lovely sunshine is we must have cloudy or rainy weather. Knowing what is "bad" is to appriciate what is good.

Ghazalah
03-25-2017, 02:42 PM
Security. Alhamdillah.

Blueflame
03-27-2017, 05:48 AM
Alhamdulillah great list so far guys

Alhamdulillah there's huga tree outside our house and we get to brag about how it's the biggest

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.