/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I get myself out of this Fitnah?

Serinity
03-25-2017, 10:37 AM
:salam:

At college, I have no friends, In fact I don't even want to be friends with them. I feel like a hypocrite, and I know this is the traps of shaytaan to scare me of his followers.

I just don't want to keep putting myself through these trials of having to hear kufr things, and I want to fear Allah more. How do I do that?

I fear of being of those who thought they were believers, but are hypocrites, and on the Day of Judgment, they will have no Light to lead them to Jannah. I fear I am one of the hypocrites. Because I have the symptoms..

What do I do? I blew so many opportunities that Allah :swt: gave me, and I keep telling myself I will get myself out of this next time.. Procrastination (a symptom of hypocrisy)

Not only that but I hate to be friends with them, and befriend them. Because they say Allahu akbar in mockery (I am sure, cus why else??) and I hate to be with those who mock the deen or have no respect for it. I DON'T want to talk to them because I see nothing fruitful about it. All about dunyah, I hate it. So worthless, the discussions.

Allahu alam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
03-25-2017, 12:09 PM
We often forget that life is a unique test for believers. It is a tough test and toughest if we live in the city, where the tastes for dunya is more apparent.

The sooner you learn (and accept) it the better, that is, we are rewarded with the tests we receive. If there was no test, what reward do you expect? Would we remember Allah in good times?... especially prolonged and excessive good times (do we ever get that?)

So, in essence, the only way out is through them. It is your personal test, and it is for you to work out the 'demons' in them so that you may learn(?) and control them. . . I suppose, if the lessons are not learnt, it will just keep being there if not escalate.

Allah alam..

:peace:

Simple_Person
03-25-2017, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

At college, I have no friends, In fact I don't even want to be friends with them. I feel like a hypocrite, and I know this is the traps of shaytaan to scare me of his followers.

I just don't want to keep putting myself through these trials of having to hear kufr things, and I want to fear Allah more. How do I do that?

I fear of being of those who thought they were believers, but are hypocrites, and on the Day of Judgment, they will have no Light to lead them to Jannah. I fear I am one of the hypocrites. Because I have the symptoms..

What do I do? I blew so many opportunities that Allah :swt: gave me, and I keep telling myself I will get myself out of this next time.. Procrastination (a symptom of hypocrisy)

Not only that but I hate to be friends with them, and befriend them. Because they say Allahu akbar in mockery (I am sure, cus why else??) and I hate to be with those who mock the deen or have no respect for it. I DON'T want to talk to them because I see nothing fruitful about it. All about dunyah, I hate it. So worthless, the discussions.

Allahu alam.
"And keep yourself patient [by being] with those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, seeking His countenance. And let not your eyes pass beyond them, desiring adornments of the worldly life, and do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever [in] neglect." Qur'an 18:28

I have found comfort in this aya. Having no friends doesn't mean suddenly you are a "loser", rather it shows that you stay to certain principles. The question now is, are those principles the right principles? For example as a Muslim and as a atheist i refused to play poker for money. I had my strong principle of if i would even found €0.05 i would rather throw it away instead of using it to play poker with friends. So i had always stayed with that principle. So in your case you say people who mock Allah(swt). I am not sure if these are Muslims as some "moderate" Muslims also say such things now and then. In either cases if they are "moderate"-Muslims or people of other faith, the best way is stay friendly with them if you see them and do your own thing when out.

See it like a job. There is your profession and there is your private-life. Those two you should not mix. Keep private what needs to be private and professional life as your professional life.

Now is the question do you know people "And keep yourself patient [by being] with those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, seeking His countenance. And let not your eyes pass beyond them, desiring adornments of the worldly life"

If not, than Allah is sufficient. There are TONS of things you can do..and i am seriously NOT kidding. There are so many things(halal) one can do if you are on your own. However we always THINK that enjoyment ONLY can come when you are with people.

Brother in life there are people who are always surrounded by people. They can hangout, have fun, talk..do whatever in their life..BUT..they are still lonely. So start thinking of ways to enjoy yourself and keep yourself busy.

A "friend" of mine, the last time i saw him was about 3 months ago. I have known him for like almost my entire life here in the west that is gonna be around 20 years. The other day i was critically asking myself have i ever seen him as a true friend? I mean seriously asking myself. If yes, based on what, if no also based on what? You know what the outcome was? Nope, because our friendship has always been a very shallow friendship. I remember that back when i considered myself an atheist he asked me which jeans should i buy. He gave me two choices, i choose X, you know what he did? he bought Y and his argumentation was you have no taste so i do the opposite. This was maybe 10 years ago. Usually people change as i really do believe that, however this guy to my opinion has become worse. More negative. He has no hope in people, doesn't trust people not even one bit..not even his own parents. All i have concluded that he feels entitled to things as if they already should belong to him. Also more useless and nonsense talk. Since i embraced Islam i say i want to change bad habits, he says "you and with you want to change your habits. I am who i am and people better accept it". Always when i want to follow straight path he says people do not change you are exactly the same person of then and then. Than he brings out old memories of the jahiliah-time.

"and do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever [in] neglect."

Our last argument was that i said one of my future rules in my new apartment will be that whoever visits me, takes their shoes off when entering. He said that is rude to ask somebody such a thing. I said those are my house rules as i will walk barefooted around the house and that is not really hygienic. Upon that he said than i will stay outside. I mean sub'han'Allah i was even doubting if i said indeed something that was incorrect. I asked many people and all said those are your house rules and people must abide by those..it is normal.

Majority of the advises i have gotten from him were very bad. He doesn't listen to your situation rather tries to apply what he would like to your lifestyle o_O!!?? Btw, he says clearly he is an atheist and rather hates Islam as he sees as "the religion of the Arabs"=_=!.

So it is rather ALHAMDULILLAH that we are able to part ways. I have even made dua to keep him away from me.

Indefinable
03-25-2017, 02:03 PM

Allahu alam.
Two main points I can gather from your post:

1) The fear of being a hypocrite.

2) Not be-friending others due to their lack of emaan.

As for the first point: A believer should always be in a state of self-development. So we have to keep re-affirming our faith, and re-checking our sincerity of intentions. Once you submit to that, and once you analyse every action from that angle, and keep checking your sincerity, and purifying your intentions, and make everything for the sake of Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala, then that knowledge alone should take away any unease that you may have.

Remember that even the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) of the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) had this fear. So if you are having doubts of being a hypocrite, in all actuality, it is a sign of emaan, and taqwa, because you are in a state of fear. And you are conscious of your thoughts and actions.

Secondly: The students around you at college. I'm assuming you are in the West, if this is the case, then take the necessary steps to protect yourself from fitnah. Don't mingle unless it is absolutely necessary. It is good to stay away from people who do not benefit you, and as you stated yourself, they mock the deen. So it is necessary to protect yourself and your emaan, lest you fall into their ways.

May Allaah protect you and keep you steadfast. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Seeker666
03-25-2017, 05:26 PM
Salam,

my 2 cents. Perhaps you are expecting too much from yourself. Rely on Allah more and what you really seek is guidance to Allahs path and his desires. And you and we all are extremely weak. So you keep asking for forgiveness and guidance over and over and over and over. My experience is he will grab you and take you where he wants to.

salam

Muhaba
03-25-2017, 06:05 PM
I am sure you can find good company elsewhere, like through the masjid and Islamic centers. Even in college you don't know everyone. Maybe there is someone different, someone interested in being a better Muslim. You can try to know their eman and interests by suggesting to do something Islamic, like going to prayer or reading and discussing some Surah of the Quran.

Don't let the shaytan mislead you into thinking you're not a good Muslim or ur a hypocrite. It's his way to make you feel like you failed or cannot be good enough and therefore should stop trying altogether.

Do good, learn Islam (Quran commentary) and be the best you can.

Serinity
03-25-2017, 06:30 PM

Or maybe I care too much, and think too much. Maybe I should just not care anymore about myself, etc. And my reputation and status. Speak the Truth, and nothing else.

for what is the worth of this life anyway? Why should I care how they think of me?

Allah :swt: won't let me down, and whosoever relies on Him alone, none else. Will find tranquility.

Umm♥Layth
03-25-2017, 06:40 PM
I think you need to find a balance and be tactful with how you handle your relationships. You can become distant, ut if they are not harming you and they are believers then do not cut them off. Involve yourself in good and productive conversation with them and excuse yourself when there's idle talk.

Calling other hypocrites is a sign of arrogance. Allah knows people's hearts, you don't. Some people are too weak to stop behaving in a wrong manner, perhaps it will be your influence that makes them a little stronger. Dawah doesn't have to be harsh, it should be gentle, loving and compassionate.

Serinity
03-25-2017, 06:52 PM

I didn't call anyone a hypocrite. Sorry if that what it sounded like.

Allahu alam.

SoldierAmatUllah
03-25-2017, 07:39 PM
@Indefinable gave an excellent advice!

ALLAH humma Baarik!

@Serinity

Please avoid people at college&if you feel like making friends then find out good ones in Masajid & Islamic centers though don't make buddies with everyone.

Keep warm personality & cheerful disposition & meet & depart at love for sake of ALLAH.

Many people are evil in themselves so it's better to have only 1 friend if you necessarily want but ALLAH Ta'ala Alone Suffices.

Keep to online Islamic community & be with good Muslims, InshaALLAH

Umm♥Layth
03-25-2017, 10:36 PM

I didn't call anyone a hypocrite. Sorry if that what it sounded like.

Allahu alam.
I may have misread, sorry bro. It is natural to want to protect yourself and your emaan, just make sure it doesn't stem from arrogance. I personally have one person I call a friend and even with her I keep a distance. Slowly but surely I found myself alone and I didn't go out of my way to be this way. It happens when your focus shifts and your priorities change. You definitely do become like those closest to you, so it is best to be cautious :)

Indefinable
05-23-2017, 12:10 PM

Or maybe I care too much, and think too much. Maybe I should just not care anymore about myself, etc. And my reputation and status. Speak the Truth, and nothing else.

for what is the worth of this life anyway? Why should I care how they think of me?

Allah :swt: won't let me down, and whosoever relies on Him alone, none else. Will find tranquility.
How are you doing now Brother Serinity?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.