/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does Allah mean when he says I swear by....

.alhamdulillah.
03-25-2017, 12:54 PM
In the Quran when he says I swear by ______. What does he mean in those instances?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
03-25-2017, 02:25 PM
:sl:

It will be better if an Arab answer this but let me guess.Arabs had the habbit of swearing on every matters of utmost importance so Might the Author of the Noble Quran who revealed this great message in their (Arabs) own language did as per the custom of its first readers through whom this Last message was to be spread.

I also infer this idea from the fact Allah revealed this Noble Quran in seven dialects JUST TO MAKE EASY FOR THEM just for a good begining of Islam (or else you n me are not going to be here ) untill Islam spread untill corridors of China and deep Africa. when Caliph Uthman :RA: thought it was the time right to have the Noble Quran in just one Quraishi dialect ONCE as Islam became the SUPERPOWER of the world at those times. (just 35 years from sheep n camel herders to a status that USA is in Today , subhanallah )

aicha94o
03-25-2017, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
In the Quran when he says I swear by ______. What does he mean in those instances?
Hello this is what I found. I know that Allah can take oath on his creatures but we, his creatures, can swear only by his. By doing otherwise you associate God with something else.

aicha94o
03-25-2017, 04:29 PM
http://darulfiqh.com/why-does-allah-...araz-ibn-adam/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
03-25-2017, 06:13 PM
It means that the thing being sworn on is a proof of the swear. For example, in Surah Asr, Allah swears on time that humankind is in loss except those with four qualities. Time (history) is a proof that this statement is true. You can read commentary of the Surah to learn more about this at websites like tafheem.net and qtafsir.com

aicha94o
03-25-2017, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhaba
It means that the thing being sworn on is a proof of the swear. For example, in Surah Asr, Allah swears on time that humankind is in loss except those with four qualities. Time (history) is a proof that this statement is true. You can read commentary of the Surah to learn more about this at websites like tafheem.net and qtafsir.com
What if the father insists and curse all of his kids. Will The curse occur or it won't?

Blueflame
03-26-2017, 05:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aicha94o
What if the father insists and curse all of his kids. Will The curse occur or it won't?
If you're forced to do it, it's different. Allah knows your intentions deep inside and he is ar-rahmaan

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.