/* */

PDA

View Full Version : REPENTED FROM STEALING!??urgent help

Slaveofthelord
03-26-2017, 02:53 AM
Hi guys

so basically i was never a practicing Muslim until i turned 20 like to 2 months ago... when i was younger i use to steal stuff from shops sometimes and now i deeply regret it after reading this

And Muslim (114) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab told me: On the day of Khaybar, a group of the companions of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) came and said: So and so has been martyred, So and so has been martyred, until they came to a man and said, So and so has been martyred, but the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “No. I saw him in the Fire because of a cloak or abayah that he stole from the war booty.

i have actually went back to a small shop which i stole something from (worth £2 roughly) after 5 years and gave the shop owner £5 and apologized and he said its fine he asked how much i just said keep all of it.

will allah forgive me if i die without paying back who ever i have stolen from... thing is i use to steal stuff from mainstream shops in the mall and i cannot remember the worth of what i use to steal and i cant just go to for example "BOOTS" pharmacy and say i owe you £50 because i stole from you... i might even go to prison.

i feel like im going to hell since this martyr died for allah in battle but still went hell for a clothe he stole, and i stole way more than that.

IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR ME???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Butterfly
03-26-2017, 03:27 AM
Yes, there is hope for you. You are not doomed eternally. Don't feel exasperated.

Ask Allah to forgive you and I'm assuming you stopped stealing. That is a good sign on the road for redemption.

Now there's are a couple of differences in opinion whether if you were not practicing then you may not have been praying? Some scholars say if you are not regular with your prayers then you are outside the fold of islam. So, renew your shahadah and be firm in your prayers. The past, according to these scholars, has been wiped clean.

If you want to take the weight off your chest, calculate an estimate of how much you stole in total and try to pay it back to those stores. You can say as a child or a teen I stole from here long back and I just wanted to pay how much I think I stole. I doubt they will call the cops, and they have no evidence to imprison you. If it really worries you that something major like that will happen and cause more problems, simply give regular sadaqah.

I'm not a scholar and I'm sure there are some qualified members who can give you a correct answer. But I wanted to tell you to not feel doomed. Allah is THE MOST MERCIFUL AND THE MOST FORGIVING.

Butterfly
03-26-2017, 03:33 AM
I don't know how to edit my post from mobile.

I wanted to clarify that some scholars say that prayer is what distinguishes a Muslim from a kaafir. in my previous post I typed "if you are not regular with your prayers" this statement infers that one prays at times and doesn't at other times. What I should have typed is if one doesn't pray at all.

I'm sorry if I confused you.

I'll leave it to the more knowledgeable to answer such questions.

Slaveofthelord
03-26-2017, 03:44 AM
At the time i use to steal (last time i stole from a shop was 3-4 years ago)i was major sinner use to commit all kinds of major sins.. never prayed or kept fasts (may allah forgive me and guide me)

im only exposing my sins because you cannot see me... because i learnt you should not expose sins...

Anyways Now that im practising ive started praying salah in the masjid 4-5 times a day considering i have no job .. so i have no excuse and i actually love praying in the masjid it brings me inner peace... im reading quran in english to learn about my deen... reading sahih al bukahri hadiths etc... overall trying to become a better muslim

but this is one of the things that makes me sleepless at nights because that person died a martyr and went hell for ONE thing he stole and i stole so many things

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Slaveofthelord
03-26-2017, 03:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
I don't know how to edit my post from mobile.

I wanted to clarify that some scholars say that prayer is what distinguishes a Muslim from a kaafir. in my previous post I typed "if you are not regular with your prayers" this statement infers that one prays at times and doesn't at other times. What I should have typed is if one doesn't pray at all.

I'm sorry if I confused you.

I'll leave it to the more knowledgeable to answer such questions.
My other reply was to you soz

talibilm
03-26-2017, 03:52 AM
:sl:

loosing hope on the mercy of Allah is like a shirk and a trait of Mushrik The biggest unforgivable sin if we die without repentance and shahada. So never loose hope on mercy of Allah , the incomparable Ar Rahman . Al Ghafoor

Do taubatun nasuha or sincere repentance which involves remorse with tears, vowing not to do that sin again & reading isthigfar and try as much as possible to reimburse those whom you had wronged . So do as best as you can as above posts say Since Allah does not force on any one one More than his ability, capacity.

May the knowledgeable post more or find a fatwa regarding this.

Slaveofthelord
03-26-2017, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm

loosing hope on the mercy of Allah is like a shirk and a trait of Mushrik The biggest unforgivable sin if we die without repentance and shahada. So never loose hope on mercy of Allah , the incomparable Ar Rahman . Al Ghafoor

Do taubatun nasuha or sincere repentance which involves remorse with tears, vowing not to do that sin again & reading isthigfar and try as much as possible to reimburse those whom you had wronged . So do as best as you can as above posts say.

May the knowledgeable post more or find a fatwa regarding this.
I understand you should not lose hope in allah and i have not lost hope in the sense that he would forgive my sins regarding mine and his rights ... but someone i stole from its their right and they have to forgive me first in order for allah to forgive me...

So i get abit sleepless because there is no gurantee who ever i have wronged will forgive me on the day of judgement

Supernova
03-26-2017, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Slaveofthelord
Hi guys

so basically i was never a practicing Muslim until i turned 20 like to 2 months ago... when i was younger i use to steal stuff from shops sometimes and now i deeply regret it after reading this

And Muslim (114) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab told me: On the day of Khaybar, a group of the companions of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) came and said: So and so has been martyred, So and so has been martyred, until they came to a man and said, So and so has been martyred, but the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “No. I saw him in the Fire because of a cloak or abayah that he stole from the war booty.

i have actually went back to a small shop which i stole something from (worth £2 roughly) after 5 years and gave the shop owner £5 and apologized and he said its fine he asked how much i just said keep all of it.

will allah forgive me if i die without paying back who ever i have stolen from... thing is i use to steal stuff from mainstream shops in the mall and i cannot remember the worth of what i use to steal and i cant just go to for example "BOOTS" pharmacy and say i owe you £50 because i stole from you... i might even go to prison.

i feel like im going to hell since this martyr died for allah in battle but still went hell for a clothe he stole, and i stole way more than that.

IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR ME???
Asalaamualaykum:

Rectifying a bad deed is itself a good deed.
Alhumdullila you have paid back what you could. Im understanding that you are most probably in the UK since you have mentioned the BOOTS Store.
The solution to rectifying this theft issue is not very simple as BOOTS is actually on the stock market and have many investors - so effectively, you have stolen from more than one person. To rectify this action you will need to consider the following:

I the UK, a minor offence is deleted after 5 years from the database. Should you actually return the money, they cannot really imprison you especially that you owned up to a minor offence.

2. Because you have stolen from a company on the stock market, even if you return the money - where would that money actually go ? They don't exactly have a "Theft returns" sub account. Im not encouraging not rectifying the bad deed here - what I am simply explaining that should you return Cash or cheque - They don't exactly have a account to deposit that into.

My suggestion here is that since you are basically £50( You can estimate the true value) richer than you would have been (irrespective of the time that elapsed), you need to come up a return policy. You certainly cannot give that money as part of Zakaath/Lillah or Sadaqa as that would be promoting the usage of theft money in charity, so...If I were you I will find a charity that non faith based, Example (School for the Blind/Deaf Etc) and give the money to them.

* You must understand that I not discouraging the return of stolen money here - but If the returning of the money to a business/organisation that lacks the mechanism to actually get the money to the rightful owner, then that will create a paradox. (Especially in the Boots case whereby they on the stock market and have multiple share-holders and investors)

I obviously dont have to elaborate on the importance of repentance to Allah SWT.

Wasalaam.

AbdurRahman.
03-26-2017, 07:35 AM
brother best is go to the police and say 'ive stolen from there and there; if they forgive you [which they probably will as there is no evidence; then the matter is done with!

real repentence is to be willing to face the consequences too, so dont be afraid of prison but most likely there wont be any

Abz2000
03-26-2017, 07:53 AM
As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah, for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in power.
But if the thief repents after his crime, and amends his conduct, Allah turneth to him in forgiveness; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
Qur'an 5:38-39
So clearly the Qur'an does say to cut a thief's hands, but this is only one verse. Additionally verse 39 states that if the thief repents, Allah forgives them (and it is implied that no punishment should be incured). Lastly, if we are going to correctly apply Qur'anic Law, we need to understand the whole instead of the single.

Punishments and Proportionality
The Qur'an only lays down 3 punishments, for 3 crimes in it's entire 114 chapters. This is one of those crimes/punishments. However in multiple other parts of the Qur'an, we are begged and reminded to only apply punishments that are equal to the crime:
And if ye do catch them out, catch them out no worse than they catch you out: But if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient.
Qur'an 16:126
The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah: for (Allah) loveth not those who do wrong.
Qur'an 42:40
Therefore, it is evident from the above verses that the Qur'an prescribes law of equivalence in all punishments.

Compensation for the crime
In Islam, the victims or the family of the victims are given option to claim compensation for the crimes committed against them. This is an important feature of criminal law in Islam.

Let's consider the case of murder in Qur'an, which is a worse crime than stealing. There are two earthly punishments. Verse 4:92 deals with a believer's accidental killing. Neither capital punishment nor jail are involved. However, he has to pay a blood money to the family of the deceased unless it is remitted freely by them. Verse 2:178 deals with the second case when someone meant the killing. This...........

Continue to article:

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-God-sa...ric-punishment

One sees the logic in such an exemplary punishnent - since productivity would dwindle and "dog eat dog" mentality would increase in a society where people or their forefathers worked hard with their hands and earned things only for others to psychologically and financially harm and deprive them of the halal rizq which Allah alloted to them.
However - if a person repents from sins and towards Allah of their own free-will or is willingly forgiven by the owner of the goods, there appears to be much room for amnesty.
The person who stole the cloak appears to have died in a state of opposition to Allah and His messenger and was stealing from goods which belonged to people who had just risked their lives to support truth and justice as defined by Allah who is the best judge, your situation appears to be very different from the stealer from ghanaim (spoils) who died in that state of corruption.
Anyways, since you have turned to the truth and are trying to walk aright according to the guidance of Allah, there is no "exemplary punishment" in such case and there is no social benefit in cutting off your hands, since the punishment is a strong and wise deterent.
Also you were living in a society ignorant of the commands of Allah read jafar ibn abi taalib's speech to an-najaashi, and umar ibn al khattaab's confessions about shirk and infanticide in jaahiliyyah) and you have sought to walk aright so you should put it all behind you and strive hard in Allah's cause as an atonement. I dunno if you need to return anything to zuaalimoon who consciously refuse to accept the guidance of Allah and are at war with God and His messenger, but if they were people who accept the guidance and laws of Allah (the Creator of the heavens and the earth who has no partner or equivalent) and seek to walk along Allah's straight path, there is good reason to wonder how culpable you may be and should do what you can to make islaah in the best way possible, even if it means you can no longer find them and decide to atone by giving in sadaqah on their behalf - or on your behalf so that you can use the credits to reimburse them on the day of judgement - still - you don't know how much hurt or inconvenience you caused them so you shouldn't feel secure even if you paid ten times the amount. Good to give in humility with hope and fear.

If a just judge is convinced that you have repented and sees that you are unable to reimburse, there are possibly ways of even reimbursing the wronged from bait al maal for the sake of justice (freeing the prisoners clause).
And Allah knows best.

Slaveofthelord
03-26-2017, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamualaykum:

Rectifying a bad deed is itself a good deed.
Alhumdullila you have paid back what you could. Im understanding that you are most probably in the UK since you have mentioned the BOOTS Store.
The solution to rectifying this theft issue is not very simple as BOOTS is actually on the stock market and have many investors - so effectively, you have stolen from more than one person. To rectify this action you will need to consider the following:

I the UK, a minor offence is deleted after 5 years from the database. Should you actually return the money, they cannot really imprison you especially that you owned up to a minor offence.

2. Because you have stolen from a company on the stock market, even if you return the money - where would that money actually go ? They don't exactly have a "Theft returns" sub account. Im not encouraging not rectifying the bad deed here - what I am simply explaining that should you return Cash or cheque - They don't exactly have a account to deposit that into.

My suggestion here is that since you are basically £50( You can estimate the true value) richer than you would have been (irrespective of the time that elapsed), you need to come up a return policy. You certainly cannot give that money as part of Zakaath/Lillah or Sadaqa as that would be promoting the usage of theft money in charity, so...If I were you I will find a charity that non faith based, Example (School for the Blind/Deaf Etc) and give the money to them.

* You must understand that I not discouraging the return of stolen money here - but If the returning of the money to a business/organisation that lacks the mechanism to actually get the money to the rightful owner, then that will create a paradox. (Especially in the Boots case whereby they on the stock market and have multiple share-holders and investors)

I obviously dont have to elaborate on the importance of repentance to Allah SWT.

Wasalaam.
Thank you for your in depth reply, i have one idea i have consideref myself which was.. lets say for e.g i go to boots and i pay for a item worth £50 then on the way out i leave that item worth £50 back on the shelves so that i have done my part in paying back the company i stole from?

Is that a good or bad idea

Slaveofthelord
03-26-2017, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah, for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in power.
But if the thief repents after his crime, and amends his conduct, Allah turneth to him in forgiveness; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
Qur'an 5:38-39
So clearly the Qur'an does say to cut a thief's hands, but this is only one verse. Additionally verse 39 states that if the thief repents, Allah forgives them (and it is implied that no punishment should be incured). Lastly, if we are going to correctly apply Qur'anic Law, we need to understand the whole instead of the single.

Punishments and Proportionality
The Qur'an only lays down 3 punishments, for 3 crimes in it's entire 114 chapters. This is one of those crimes/punishments. However in multiple other parts of the Qur'an, we are begged and reminded to only apply punishments that are equal to the crime:
And if ye do catch them out, catch them out no worse than they catch you out: But if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient.
Qur'an 16:126
The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah: for (Allah) loveth not those who do wrong.
Qur'an 42:40
Therefore, it is evident from the above verses that the Qur'an prescribes law of equivalence in all punishments.

Compensation for the crime
In Islam, the victims or the family of the victims are given option to claim compensation for the crimes committed against them. This is an important feature of criminal law in Islam.

Let's consider the case of murder in Qur'an, which is a worse crime than stealing. There are two earthly punishments. Verse 4:92 deals with a believer's accidental killing. Neither capital punishment nor jail are involved. However, he has to pay a blood money to the family of the deceased unless it is remitted freely by them. Verse 2:178 deals with the second case when someone meant the killing. This...........

Continue to article:

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-God-sa...ric-punishment

One sees the logic in such an exemplary punishnent - since productivity would dwindle and "dog eat dog" mentality would increase in a society where people or their forefathers worked hard with their hands and earned things only for others to psychologically and financially harm and deprive them of the halal rizq which Allah alloted to them.
However - if a person repents from sins and towards Allah of their own free-will or is willingly forgiven by the owner of the goods, there appears to be much room for amnesty.
The person who stole the cloak appears to have died in a state of opposition to Allah and His messenger and was stealing from goods which belonged to people who had just risked their lives to support truth and justice as defined by Allah who is the best judge, your situation appears to be very different from the stealer from ghanaim (spoils) who died in that state of corruption.
Anyways, since you have turned to the truth and are trying to walk aright according to the guidance of Allah, there is no "exemplary punishment" in such case and there is no social benefit in cutting off your hands, since the punishment is a strong and wise deterent.
Also you were living in a society ignorant of the commands of Allah read jafar ibn abi taalib's speech to an-najaashi, and umar ibn al khattaab's confessions about shirk and infanticide in jaahiliyyah) and you have sought to walk aright so you should put it all behind you and strive hard in Allah's cause as an atonement. I dunno if you need to return anything to zuaalimoon who consciously refuse to accept the guidance of Allah and are at war with God and His messenger, but if they were people who accept the guidance and laws of Allah (the Creator of the heavens and the earth who has no partner or equivalent) and seek to walk along Allah's straight path, there is good reason to wonder how culpable you may be and should do what you can to make islaah in the best way possible, even if it means you can no longer find them and decide to atone by giving in sadaqah on their behalf - or on your behalf so that you can use the credits to reimburse them on the day of judgement - still - you don't know how much hurt or inconvenience you caused them so you shouldn't feel secure even if you paid ten times the amount. Good to give in humility with hope and fear.

If a just judge is convinced that you have repented and sees that you are unable to reimburse, there are possibly ways of even reimbursing the wronged from bait al maal for the sake of justice (freeing the prisoners clause).
And Allah knows best.
Thank you for your in depth reply, i have one idea i have consideref myself which was.. lets say i stole £50 worthbof stuff from boots and for e.g i go to boots and i pay for a item worth £50 then on the way out i leave that item worth £50 back on the shelves

so that i have done my part in paying back the company i stole from?

Supernova
03-26-2017, 03:40 PM
Thank you for your in depth reply, i have one idea i have consideref myself which was.. lets say for e.g i go to boots and i pay for a item worth £50 then on the way out i leave that item worth £50 back on the shelves so that i have done my part in paying back the company i stole from?

Asalaamualaykum

I was going to suggest that initially but after some thought i dont think its a good idea because CCTV cameras might get you on leaving an "item" in the store...and you know where that all goes !

Please remember that you should be proud of yourself here because the very fact that you are trying to rectify this, is in itself part of the Istighfaraa.
Most people today won't even try to do that - MashAllah.

I still think that dispensing that value to a charity will be the safest option.

I'm sure you have learnt your lesson.

Slaveofthelord
03-26-2017, 03:48 PM
Asalaamualaykum

I was going to suggest that initially but after some thought i dont think its a good idea because CCTV cameras might get you on leaving an "item" in the store...and you know where that all goes !

Please remember that you should be proud of yourself here because the very fact that you are trying to rectify this, is in itself part of the Istighfaraa.
Most people today won't even try to do that - MashAllah.

I still think that dispensing that value to a charity will be the safest option.

I'm sure you have learnt your lesson.
Wa alikum asalam

Thing is if im going to give it to charity, my mum has done that on my behalf already.

I told my mum about this few years ago and i gave her a estimate of how much worth i stole and she gave OVER the amount i stole to charity in the name of who ever i stole from.

but i think most likely she gave it to a muslim charity and not a kufar charity

So since my mum already donated to charity in the name of whoever i stole should i still donate again? To a non muslim charity?

Supernova
03-26-2017, 04:11 PM
Wa alikum asalam

Thing is if im going to give it to charity, my mum has done that on my behalf already.

I told my mum about this few years ago and i gave her a estimate of how much worth i stole and she gave OVER the amount i stole to charity in the name of who ever i stole from.

but i think most likely she gave it to a muslim charity and not a kufar charity

So since my mum already donated to charity in the name of whoever i stole should i still donate again? To a non muslim charity?
Asalaamualaykum
If your mother paid from her pocket to a muslim or non-muslim charity, that doesnt solve the problem at all. (In fact, in many ways it just encouraged the problem to being repeated). Obviously she has done that with a good heart - but what has that thought you ?

The primary principle in this matter is that you have gained from that theft and hence it is your responsibility to repay that. Also take into account that i brought the topic of the multiple owners.

The issue here is one of Taqwa rather than Maslaail.

It would be in your best interest to earn the money in a Halaal way and dispense it accordingly.

Do not discuss it with your mother, that will open up another uninvited problem (Allah SWT will inshAllah will reward her for action) - Just earn the money and repay it.

Slaveofthelord
03-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Asalaamualaykum
If your mother paid from her pocket to a muslim or non-muslim charity, that doesnt solve the problem at all. (In fact, in many ways it just encouraged the problem to being repeated). Obviously she has done that with a good heart - but what has that thought you ?

The primary principle in this matter is that you have gained from that theft and hence it is your responsibility to repay that. Also take into account that i brought the topic of the multiple owners.

The issue here is one of Taqwa rather than Maslaail.

It would be in your best interest to earn the money in a Halaal way and dispense it accordingly.

Do not discuss it with your mother, that will open up another uninvited problem (Allah SWT will inshAllah will reward her for action) - Just earn the money and repay it.
Thank your for your advise, i will do what you said... earn the money equivilant to how much i stole from those shops... then repay it back myself with the money i earnt to a charity that is non faith related.

Also when i give the money to the chairty to shall i say this as my intention to allah before paying...

"oh allah i am donating this money for whomever i have stolen from in hope that this will reach them on the day of judgement... so that i do not get punished in the hell fire or have my good deeds taken by them or receive any of their bad deeds on the day of judgement"

Abz2000
03-26-2017, 04:49 PM
If your mother pays willingly on your behalf considering your limited means then she has paid on your behalf, otherwise hajj, fasting, sadaqah, and other virtuous deeds on behalf of others would have been forbidden, ( search hajj badal and/or hadith fasting behalf and/or blood money / ad-diyat) the good that someone does and the goodwill that someone shows on another's behalf is a shifa'a (search: hadith funeral procession wajabah ) I.e intercession before Allah.

Still, if you pay it yourself with your money, whether it be from your labour or inheritance, you would probably please Allah more since your jihad is stronger and your remorse is likely more sincere.
If you do decide to give in sadaqah on behalf of yourself or others, it is good to give it to those who are needy and are likely to do good in Allah's sight and show gratitude to Allah, maybe some of those countries whose people are deprived of good wholesome food, nutrients, essential medication and a decent standard of living due to unjust sanctions and others in similar situations through the tests that Allah has laid upon the sufferers and the able to assist observers.

Bear in mind that if a few people steal from a person and they end up having financial problems, family disputes, getting agitated or depressed, closing their store, or spending thousands on security, or losing customers through treating them with suspicion -returning the amount stolen later might not be the same since each deed is a game-changer, it is better to do what good one can in humility with fear and hope - fearing Allah and the day - the evil of which flies far and wide.

To other posters, it is better to provide information without telling people that their repentance is not accepted without any basis.
Someone might switch on them like that guy who did 99 murders and repented. :D

Slaveofthelord
03-26-2017, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
If your mother pays willingly on your behalf considering your limited means then she has paid on your behalf, otherwise hajj, fasting, sadaqah, and other virtuous deeds on behalf of others would have been forbidden, ( search hajj badal and/or hadith fasting behalf and/or blood money / ad-diyat) the good that someone does and the goodwill that someone shows on another's behalf is a shifa'a (search: hadith funeral procession wajabah ) I.e intercession before Allah.

Still, if you pay it yourself with your money, whether it be from your labour or inheritance, you would probably please Allah more since your jihad is stronger and your remorse is likely more sincere.
If you do decide to give in sadaqah on behalf of yourself or others, it is good to give it to those who are needy and are likely to do good in Allah's sight and show gratitude to Allah, maybe some of those countries whose people are deprived of good wholesome food, nutrients, essential medication and a decent standard of living due to unjust sanctions and others in similar situations through the tests that Allah has laid upon the sufferers and the able to assist observers.

Bear in mind that if a few people steal from a person and they end up having financial problems, family disputes, getting agitated or depressed, closing their store, or spending thousands on security, or losing customers through treating them with suspicion -returning the amount stolen later might not be the same since each deed is a game-changer, it is better to do what good one can in humility with fear and hope - fearing Allah and the day - the evil of which flies far and wide.

To other posters, it is better to provide information without telling people that their repentance is not accepted without any basis.
Someone might switch on them like that guy who did 99 murders and repented. :D
Thanks for the reply akhi, appreciate it i guess i will just pay it back off with my money aswel on top just to get a better peace of mind ... ever since i became god consious and god fearing hell is the last place i want to go to...

MuslimInshallah
03-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Assalaamu alaikum Slaveofthelord,

(smile) I hope the following may be of help to you:

How Do I Repent From the Theft I Committed Many Years Ago When I Was a Teenager?

OCTOBER 27, 2011 BY EDITOR

Answered by Sidi Wasim Shiliwala

Question: When I was about 16, I didn’t really take religion seriously and used to hang out with the wrong people. So, my question is regarding theft, for we used to steal from different stores. How do I go about addressing that wrong?

1) The 1st store I stole from is a huge franchise. Therefore, I can’t really return the item and say I stole this and I’m sorry. And I can’t really donate to the store either.
2) The 2nd store I stole is no longer there. I’m not sure if it went out of business or relocated to another state. I don’t remember the name of the store either and neither do the current occupants of the building.

Answer: Jazakum Allahu Khairan for your excellent question! May Allah reward you for your noble intention to correct past mistakes.

Keeping a Proper Perspective on Repentance

Firstly, it’s important to remember that so long as your repentance is sincere, insha’Allah your sins will be forgiven. Islam is not a religion of despair, for Allah’s mercy is vast.

In order to properly repent, one must: a) leave the sin, b) feel remorse for it, c) resolve to never do it again, and d) return any rights or property that one took.

Returning Rights One Took from Others

In your case, this last condition is the most important. For this, you would need to return (in order of preference): the same items, items similar to them, or their monetary equivalent. For example, if you stole clothes that were worth $45, you should either return those same clothes, clothes like them of the same value, or $45.

When the Owner Can’t Be Found

As for the case where the store and the owner are no longer around, you should donate the stolen items to a non-Muslim charity. This is because stolen items are haram to be used by yourself as well as other Muslims.

Returning Items to Stores

As for the first case, where the store you stole from is still around, you still need to redress that wrong. However, precaution needs to be taken, as there is still a chance that you might be prosecuted for your past act, even though you are trying to fix it.

Rather, you could return the monetary value of the item (as per the example above, $45) with an anonymous note stating that you owe them that much money. This way, you would be restoring their right without risking prosecution.

Ensuring Your Repentance is Sincere

Finally, you must remember that the actions listed above are steps in the repentance process. In order to prove your true repentance to Allah, you must feel remorse for it and resolve to never do it again. Increase in good actions, leave the bad, and follow the Prophet {saw}, for those who do so are guaranteed Allah’s mercy and salvation.

Jazakum Allahu Khairan,
-Wasim

Checked & Approved by Faraz Rabbani

Source:
http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2011/10/27/how-do-i-repent-from-the-theft-i-committed-many-years-ago-when-i-was-a-teenager/

aaj
03-27-2017, 01:48 PM
:salam:

Stealing is wrong and one should repent and refrain from it. However, it is not the same as stealing from war booty, which is a lot more serious matter and the hadith you shared is about stealing from war booty.

talibilm
03-27-2017, 03:12 PM

May those hackers and thieves online learn from this Gentle Man who wants to repent sincerely. Stealing others work, others business contacts, data , secrets of their business, ATM pincodes and even personal info etc will all be also categorised as theft iow sophisticated modern theft .

May you (if you are there reading this) repent and abstain in putting the common people in trouble and destroy such info if you had robbed online from any one and create peace and security for people .

Abz2000
03-27-2017, 03:13 PM
Islam has been enjoined upon ALL of mankind and jinn, it is useful to ask oneself what the logic is in instructing a believer in, and follower of, the truth to rectify their faults outside the boundary limits of Allah when they are not even a part of the matrix.
It is logically and morally constructive to contribute towards the betterment of mankind within the guidance and limits of Allah, the best people to distribute resources are those who fear and obey the creator of the heavens and the earth, they do contribute to ANYONE in need within the guidance of Allah and will refuse to put money towards haram objectives.
Let us judge by what Allah has revealed, inna maa 'alaina al balaagh al mubeen.
Allahu Akbar....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.