/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I get the HPV vaccine before college, when zina is clearly haram?

Mustafa16
03-28-2017, 04:10 PM
When I went for a doctor's checkup after turning 18, and I informed them I was going off to college next school year, they offered to give the HPV vaccine (HPV is a sexually transmitted infection/disease, or STI/STD), and my mother said no, saying I wouldn't need it, and I said the same...however, now that I think about it, I am worried that in case I DO make a mistake in college, I should be prepared lest i get a horrible, painful, embarrassing disease. On the other hand, it could be seen as a matter of principle, since getting the vaccine may encourage me to committ zina, and may cause me to not fear zina as much....what should I do?

https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/parents/whatishpv.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
03-28-2017, 06:17 PM
Fear Allah, not the disease. If you think that going to college will make you commit zina, then maybe you should study online. You could very well catch any other disease that the HPV vaccine will not prevent. What will prevent you from Allah's punishment?

Scimitar
03-28-2017, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
...and I said the same...however, now that I think about it, I am worried that in case I DO make a mistake in college...
A mistake? Sleeping with girls is HARAAM - not a mistake lol. And if all you worry about is sexually transmitted diseases - you got bigger problems facing you on the day of judgement.

That's what should be prime focus. Not STD's. That was one idiotic link for a Muslim to read. Don't share such stupidity here bro, it's a waste of forum time.

Scimi

Bobbyflay23
03-28-2017, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
A mistake? Sleeping with girls is HARAAM - not a mistake lol. And if all you worry about is sexually transmitted diseases - you got bigger problems facing you on the day of judgement.

That's what should be prime focus. Not STD's. That was one idiotic link for a Muslim to read. Don't share such stupidity here bro, it's a waste of forum time.

Scimi
Don't be so mean after reading a bunch of his posts I think he wants to be a Muslim but he's been brainwashed by the Americans to the point where he envys sin if you want him to become better don't be mean to him be nice and suttly say it's haram and Islam forbids it you don't gotta call him an idiot and all this stuff Islam teaches be hard on yourself easy on others remember that it's the way to call people to Islam if you get angry with them you'll just drive away I think that mustfa just needs to research what he'll get in heaven so that he'll know this isn't worth it and the punshment of hell because it's clear that he seems oblivious to all of it or maybe his parents never taught him Islam correctly

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mustafa16
03-29-2017, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Don't be so mean after reading a bunch of his posts I think he wants to be a Muslim but he's been brainwashed by the Americans to the point where he envys sin if you want him to become better don't be mean to him be nice and suttly say it's haram and Islam forbids it you don't gotta call him an idiot and all this stuff Islam teaches be hard on yourself easy on others remember that it's the way to call people to Islam if you get angry with them you'll just drive away I think that mustfa just needs to research what he'll get in heaven so that he'll know this isn't worth it and the punshment of hell because it's clear that he seems oblivious to all of it or maybe his parents never taught him Islam correctly
my parents might not have taught me Islam properly. my parents are quite liberal compared to the people here, especially my mother. My parents are either pro-american or much more likely to support america or be more forgiving of american misdeeds than people on here. nonetheless, they are still opposed to many things americans do, especially my father. they are gulenist. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BClen_movement

noraina
03-29-2017, 09:59 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

Everyone, particularly girls, in the UK receives a letter or leaflet discussing that vaccination when they're around 12-13 years old. It's not necessary if you're not going to be engaging in zina. And for the most part, it's protection only lasts around seven years.

Also, this vaccination, as you said, is for a STD (it doesn't protect against them all anyway, someone could still catch something else) and as a Muslim it shouldn't even once cross our minds that 'maybe' or 'perhaps' or 'what if' we slip up. Because when we get into that creating excuses mentality, it's one slippery slope.

So your mother is right on this point, you don't and shouldn't need it.

sister herb
03-29-2017, 10:05 AM
Plus, if you think it may make it easier to make a sin with girls, better not to take it. Then you don´t need to afraid only a sin and its consequencies but also a disease and it´s consequencies. It gives you two good reason to focus to your studies only and wait until you are married.

Brother_40805
04-01-2017, 08:14 AM
I think this is meaningless thread. Its not rocket science. you just need to answer these simple questions:

Do you engage in Zina - take the jab
Are you a Muslim - Don't take the jab.

You say that you are afraid that if you might make a mistake in college. What do you mean MIGHT?. How can you 'MIGHT' make that mistake.

It looks to me you are more afraid of catching that disease than disobeying Allah.

You need to reevaluate what you just written.

MaryambintJames
04-08-2021, 10:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
When I went for a doctor's checkup after turning 18, and I informed them I was going off to college next school year, they offered to give the HPV vaccine (HPV is a sexually transmitted infection/disease, or STI/STD), and my mother said no, saying I wouldn't need it, and I said the same...however, now that I think about it, I am worried that in case I DO make a mistake in college, I should be prepared lest i get a horrible, painful, embarrassing disease. On the other hand, it could be seen as a matter of principle, since getting the vaccine may encourage me to committ zina, and may cause me to not fear zina as much....what should I do?

https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/parents/whatishpv.html

Asalamu alaikum,

I know this is an old thread but i see a lot of misinformation in here. You can be in a monogamous relationship and still get hpv, if your spouse cheated on you! Or if you are a man and will be taking on multiple wives, you can pass it to your wives or vice versa. It's the most common sti out there and usually completely undetected unless you develop symptoms (genital warts or abnormal pap smears/precancerous cells on the cervix). Decades later you can develop cancer from an hpv infection. All is part of Allah's decree if youd get it or not. There's also a hadith from the prophet sallahu alayhi asalam "Trust in Allah but tie your camel". Trust in Allah but make sure you are doing your part to protect yourself and your spouse(s), whether that means getting the vaccine, using protection measures or getting screened every year, do your part.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.