/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why does imam take longer?

Slaveofthelord
03-29-2017, 01:57 AM
So i realised when i pray in the masjid behind the imam.

The part where you read
Atahiyatu...

And
Atahiyatu....etc
Allah huma salli alla..etc
Allah huma barik ala....etc
Allah huma ini zalamtu ...etc

I always finish these duas before the imam .

The imam ALWAYS takes longer than i do, why is that?

I read SLOWLY as possible as i can but i always finish before the imam till the point my feets start hurting...

Does the imam have his own dua to make that makes him finish later than i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
03-29-2017, 02:11 AM
:sl:

Better ask the Imaam . May be there are duas even after them. Better tell the imaam about your difficulty and pain since Nabi :saws: ORDERED all Imaams leading a congregation to make salah which will not put his followers in difficulty or create aversion to it

IF A IMAAM is hated by followers there is a sin (or a curse remember faintly) on him .

Slaveofthelord
03-29-2017, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm

Better ask the Imaam . May be there are duas even after them. Better tell the imaam about your difficulty and pain since Nabi :saws: ORDERED all Imaams leading a congregation to make salah which will not put his followers in difficulty or create aversion to it

IF A IMAAM is hated by followers there is a sin (or a curse remember faintly) on him .
When i say he takes longer than me i mean he takes about 15-20seconds longer...lol i dont hate him or anything maybe its just my feet are weak...

azc
03-29-2017, 02:56 AM
Perhaps imam reads some more dua so that all muqtadi should complete their recitation before he finishes salah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
talibilm
03-29-2017, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Slaveofthelord
When i say he takes longer than me i mean he takes about 15-20seconds longer...lol i dont hate him or anything maybe its just my feet are weak...
Then its ok even i did have had some pains like that but it became ok later and now i can sit for even 15 minutes or more in the same position

Slaveofthelord
03-29-2017, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Perhaps imam reads some more dua so that all muqtadi should complete their recitation before he finishes salah
Oh okay i never knew you could read more than what i wrote in the attahiyatu position

Slaveofthelord
03-29-2017, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
Then its ok even i did have had some pains like that but it became ok later and now i can sit for even 15 minutes or more in the same position
Oh okay i guess il just get use to the pain... no pain no gain

Eric H
03-29-2017, 07:54 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Slaveofthelord;

If the imam feels the words are important, he might take the time to reflect on them as he prays. There is always the temptation with repetitious prayers, to say them quickly and without thinking about their meaning.

Just a thought.

azc
03-29-2017, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Slaveofthelord
Oh okay i never knew you could read more than what i wrote in the attahiyatu position
last sitting consists of tashahud, durood and dua.

ardianto
03-29-2017, 08:51 AM

Sometime I lead salah as imam. And when I became imam I always performed salah slower than when I performed salah alone. It's because I wanted to give enough time for jamaah who probably could not recite as fast as I could. So they had a chance to finish their recitation.

Back to your question. Why the imam performed salah slowly?. ..... Probably it's because he was thinking like me too.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.