/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Drinking Haram?

Sabeel Shah
03-29-2017, 05:58 AM
The Holy Qur'an tells us to "stay away" from alcohol. No where it says it is "haram".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Slaveofthelord
03-29-2017, 06:07 AM
Look at the punishments for drinking alocohol in islam then youll get the answer

azc
03-29-2017, 09:32 AM
“O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), and gambling, and Al-Ansaab, and Al-Azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaytaan’s (Satan’s) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful”[al-Maa’idah 5:90]https://islamqa.info/en/20037

azc
03-29-2017, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeel Shah
The Holy Qur'an tells us to "stay away" from alcohol. No where it says it is "haram".
http://sunnahonline.com/library/fiqh...cohol-in-islam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
03-29-2017, 10:15 AM
When you're told to "stay away" from something in the Qur'an it means it's haram.

:facepalm:

Scimitar
03-29-2017, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
When you're told to "stay away" from something in the Qur'an it means it's haram.

:facepalm:
This^

:D

too early for belly laughs but hey, hahahahhaaaaa

Scimi

keiv
03-29-2017, 12:46 PM
Anyone who tries to use that excuse to justify drinking it is probably already drunk..

If something is haram, it means its forbidden, and if something is forbidden, we stay away from it.

What point are you trying to make exactly?

Zeal
03-29-2017, 12:52 PM
Lol so how are you supposed to stay away from alcohol whilst drinking it at the same time

Khanali12
03-30-2017, 11:50 PM
Lol, of course it's forbidden.

Bobbyflay23
03-31-2017, 12:11 AM
I'm pretty sure any punishment that the prophet sali Ali wassalm describes for that happens in hell for a particular sin then that sin is a major sin I forgot what was the punishment but obviously alcohol is a major sin if it was described with a punishment in hell fire by the prophet sali Ali wassalm

talibilm
03-31-2017, 07:48 AM
:sl:

Bro kindly read how it became haram when Allah gradually revealed it in the first post here

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-Contradicting

and info from hadith in post#109 here

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...r-Wisdom/page3

beleiver
03-31-2017, 04:51 PM
Why wouldn't it say forbidden in the Quran when it clearly says other things are?
'Stay away from' doesn't mean the same thing as 'forbidden', why not use the the word forbidden if that was the intention?
I am not suggesting its not a sin but total prohibition and punishment for something that only effects the sinner wont make for a peaceful world free of oppression would it?
And how could something like alcohol be under prohibition while respecting other faiths and customs, it would totally contradict so much of the Quran.
God knows human nature better that anyone.

M.I.A.
03-31-2017, 06:00 PM
sin and its punishment is only with allah swt..

the cases have been made and various opinions aired.

im not going to judge anyone on it... but..

for you to think that alcohol only effects the person that consumes it.. is nieve at best.

if it is used as a tool for enjoyment then it leads to many places..

if it is ever used as a crutch.. then it is one that does not hold.

and depending on the people around you..
anyway...

the easiest way to think of it from a western perspective is if you turned up to work drunk.. would it be acceptable?

if you get stopped while driving and your drunk...

is it acceptable?

because.. if you say its not...

then why would people disagree?

but i want to get drunk in my own home.. on my own time.. with my own family...

nice. im always going round in circles.

just using that form of argument makes me aware of my own private sins.

no such thing as an honest days work here.

so many edits on that one.. multitasking.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.