/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fasting In Islam

sumera78630
03-30-2017, 07:38 AM
Asalam O Alikum!

Today I am going to post my first post hope you people will enjoy it.

What is Fasting

The Arabic statement for fasting is called “sawm” in the Quran. The word sawm accurately means “to abstain”. Chapter Maryam of the Quran says that Mary the mother of Jesus said “I have vowed a “sawm” (fast) for the sake of the Merciful, so today I shall not talk to anyone.” [Quran 19:26]. According to Shariyah, the word sawm means to abstain from all those things that are prohibited in fasting from the gap of dawn to the sundown, and to do this with the sense of fasting.
Purpose of Fasting
In chapter 2 verse 183 the Quran says, “O you who believe, fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those who were before you, in order that you may learn taqwa (piety)”.
Taqwa is a key spiritual and decent term of the Quran. It is the figure total of all Islamic religious studies and principles. It is a quality in a believer’s life that keeps him or her awake of God all the time. A person who has taqwa loves to do good and keep away from evil for the sake of God. Taqwa is goodness, uprightness and awareness of God. Taqwa requires tolerance and insistence. Fasting teaches tolerance, and with tolerance one can increase to the high place of taqwa.
The Prophet (SAW) said that fasting is a shelter. It protects a human being from sin and lustful needs. While the disciples of Jesus asked him how to throw the evil feelings away, he is reported to have said, “But this kind never comes out except by prayer and fasting.” (Matthew 17:21).
According to Imam Al Ghazali, fasting produces a appearance of divine quality of samadiyyah (freedom from want) in a person. Imam Ibn Al Qayyim, viewed fasting as a income of releasing the person strength from the control of wish, thus allowing self-control to win through in the carnal personality. Imam Shah Waliullah Dahlawi (d. 1762 C.E.) viewed fasting as a means of weakening the foul and reinforcing the innocent basics in person
Fasting Is Obligatory
In the 2nd year of Hijrah, Muslims were commanded to fast in the month of Ramadan each year as mentioned in the verse above [Al-Baqarah 2:183]. The Quran further says “The month of Ramadan is that in which was exposed the Quran, wherein is leadership for humankind and the clear signs of guidance and division. Thus whosoever among you observer the month must fast…” [Al-Baqarah 2:184].

Rules of Fasting
Who have to fast?
Muslims all over the earth wait excitedly for Ramadan, as it is a time of greater than before inner calm and well-being.
Fasting in the month of Ramadan is compulsory ahead every adult Muslim, male or female, who has reached teenage years, is rational and who is not ill or traveling.
Ilness could be a momentary sickness from which a human being expects to be cured rapidly. Such a person should not fast throughout the days of his or her sickness, but he or she must fast later after Ramadan to complete the missed days. Those who are ill with deadly illness and expect no better health are also acceptable not to fast but they have to pay the fidyah, which is giving a day’s meals for each quick missed to a in need human being.
Travelling To Makkah For Performing Umrah In Ramadan According to The Allah’s Messenger (SAW)
Ibn e `Abbâs (R.A) relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) asked a woman from Madinah: “What prevented you from embarking on the Hajj pilgrimage with us?”
She replied: “We had two camels. My husband and child took one and left the other for the rest of us to ride on.”
The Prophet (peace be upon him) then told her: “When the month or Ramadan arrives, go for ‘umrah, because ‘umrah, in Ramadan is like accompanying me on Hajj.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (1764)]
So it’s time to get the tickets online from Hajjumrahpackages.us

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Afzalsheikh
04-19-2018, 11:51 AM
Ramadan is the most valuable month in the Islamic calendar (Hijri) and it is obligatory for the Muslims to fast in the month of Ramadan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.