/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Taweez Confusion

Aiza
03-30-2017, 10:51 AM
i am 27 year old girl. i m engaged with my cuzon since 3.5 years .he tried alot but not getting job.i doing mphil but studies are not going wel. we both are ill most of the time. my wedding is not getting posible due to his job. one day i found something on my bed under pilow,it was black cloth and Moom (melted candle ) was closed it it and sides of cloth were closed and it was looking like square taweez. i dip in water.but i m worried what was it. please tell me its taweez or not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
03-30-2017, 01:56 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

I can't say for sure whether it is a taweez or not. I've read you can dispose of a taweez in three ways:

1) shred it
2) submerge the paper in water until the writing disappears
3) burn it

And don't worry yourself a great deal about it, as Muslims we should avoid falling into any form of superstition. All good and bad comes from Allah swt alone, just maintain your salah, regularly read Qur'an, aim to be the best you can be, and in'sha'Allah you'll be fine.

In regards to your engagement, 3+ years is quite long, why not try to do the actual nikah first. The wedding or walimah can always be done at a later date.

May Allah swt ease all of your affairs. Ameen.

*charisma*
03-30-2017, 02:11 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

You should have carefully opened it while reciting quran and seen what was inside to know for sure because there can be knots in there that must be undone and blowed upon and any writings destroyed so that the sihr is broken, May Allah protect you both ameen.

Scimitar
03-30-2017, 02:17 PM
Just destroy it, however you like.

There is no Sunnah on how to destroy taweez, you just destroy them.

All this reciting etc is beneficial, but it's not a sunnah practice validated in the destruction of taweez. Destroy it however you like. And get rid of it.

God bless,

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aiza
03-30-2017, 05:38 PM
JazakAllah :)

Scimitar
03-30-2017, 05:44 PM
If there is no method to destroying idols, then why is there a so called method to destroying a taweez which is also shirk? :D

Stuff like this goes over the heads of people.

Destroying something which displeases Allah, is simple - just say Allahu Akbar and destroy it already :)

Simple stuff.

Our religion is simple sister :)

We make it complicated for ourselves.

Keep your imaan in Allah, and do your best, and if you falter, fail or commit sin - repent - we are the only creation Allah has created that is capable of repentance and the act of repentance is loved by Allah.

Sin is hated, repentance is loved.

Scimi

Aiza
03-30-2017, 05:47 PM
But there was no writing in it. when i picked up pilow ,it fel down and moom(white candle melted) in that square black cloth.

Scimitar
03-30-2017, 06:07 PM
Just destroy it sister.

Sigils are made without ink.

I won't go into it here, but it's taweez.

Scimi

Aiza
03-30-2017, 06:16 PM
ok Thanks .i destroyed but worried and connfused thats asked.

Scimitar
03-30-2017, 06:17 PM
Bismillah,

You did the right thing.

In Islam, we do not entertain superstition :) Taweez are superstitious things which people believe contain power, spells and fate. Pure and blatant shirk.

God bless,

Scimi

Butterfly
03-30-2017, 09:32 PM
As'Salaamu alaikum @Aiza ,

May Allah grant you ease in your affairs and grant you resolve on the maatters out of your hands. Ameen

Brother_40805
03-31-2017, 12:03 PM
I share the same sentiment as others but although I wouldn't recommend it but you could try opening up the taweez to check whether besides the quran ayah the word of Shaytans are written - if they are then obviously its a form of shirk and it could answers what might be affecting your situation.

Like bro/sis above have stated. Just burn the taweez and get rid of it as soon as possible and immediately recite manzil dua afterwards.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.