/* */

PDA

View Full Version : not fasting

Khanali12
03-30-2017, 04:40 PM
what's considered worse?

pretending to fast or openly not fasting during Ramadhan?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
03-30-2017, 05:05 PM
The bigger sin is the not fasting, and it's better not to be deceptive about it.

M.I.A.
03-30-2017, 05:46 PM
for me it doesnt usually matter.

i dont openly eat or drink in front of people..

but they end up asking anyway..

are you fasting?

i dont really lie so.

usually a couple times a day every day lol.. guess its just smalltalk.. people trying to make conversation.

i have a medical reason these days but when i didnt, fasting was not really a problem.

Khanali12
03-30-2017, 05:58 PM
I've fasted for a good 12 years, but for our family, fasting means 'to not eat or drink' i.e. the praying part is absent. U have not believed for a while now so i'd rather not starve myself all day for a whole month this year.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
03-30-2017, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Syed123
I've fasted for a good 12 years, but for our family, fasting means 'to not eat or drink' i.e. the praying part is absent. U have not believed for a while now so i'd rather not starve myself all day for a whole month this year.
I've learned that prayers are necessary for our good deeds to be registered. It's the most important tenant in Islam. So its like they haven't fasted at all. Fasting is more than just abstaining from food and drink. It's sad that your family is not religious. May Allah guide you and them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.