/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this job haram

Bobbyflay23
04-01-2017, 01:54 AM
Is this job haram to work at its been robbed multiple times according to my dad nobody died alhumadillah so I probably won't die but according to my dad and cuzin they think I should because it's not good for safety but my dad gave me permission to work there so if I like get hurt would it have the same ruling as self harm since I had knowledge that I could get hurt or if i say die this is very unlikely and logically I don't think it's going to happen but of course I'm a little scared because my dad and cuzin where scaring me but it's the only halal job in my area

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bobbyflay23
04-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Also this is probably the most important about the question if he tells me to hand over the money should I do it or no because wouldn't that count as stealing?

Supernova
04-02-2017, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Is this job haram to work at its been robbed multiple times according to my dad nobody died alhumadillah so I probably won't die but according to my dad and cuzin they think I should because it's not good for safety but my dad gave me permission to work there so if I like get hurt would it have the same ruling as self harm since I had knowledge that I could get hurt or if i say die this is very unlikely and logically I don't think it's going to happen but of course I'm a little scared because my dad and cuzin where scaring me but it's the only halal job in my area
Asalaamualaykum

You are a very confused individual.
Your question on the header is asking if the job is Haraam but your last words was making a declaration the the job IS Halaal !!
Wasalaam

Bobbyflay23
04-02-2017, 04:01 AM
Yes like the job itself is halal but is it halal to work at it because one if it gets robbed id have to hand over the money and also if say I get hurt would it have the same ruling as self harm since I knew it was possible it could happen I'm sorry your right the title is misleading though I can't fix it but if I could I woild

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
04-02-2017, 04:04 AM
Go for the job :) if someone asks you to hand the money over - and your life is being threatened, hand the money over.

Money can be replaced... life? No.

Trust in Allah, smile at work, be helpful and never judge a customer :) treat them all fairly. In sha Allah, things will be good.

Scimi

Bobbyflay23
04-02-2017, 04:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Go for the job :) if someone asks you to hand the money over - and your life is being threatened, hand the money over.

Money can be replaced... life? No.

Trust in Allah, smile at work, be helpful and never judge a customer :) treat them all fairly. In sha Allah, things will be good.

Scimi
Alright thank you do the advice

Supernova
04-02-2017, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Yes like the job itself is halal but is it halal to work at it because one if it gets robbed id have to hand over the money and also if say I get hurt would it have the same ruling as self harm since I knew it was possible it could happen I'm sorry your right the title is misleading though I can't fix it but if I could I woild
Asalaamualaykum - Shukran jazeelan for the clarification.

The job would not be regarded in the category of "Self Harm". Self harm is where a person intends and carries out the action of harming themselves alone. They are totally responsible for this action.

What you talking about here is "unpredictability".

The case argument will open if that if this job was regarded haraam to go into, then what about other jobs like a policeman, soldier, Aid worker in a war torn country etc. Although a danger might be associated with a job or even have a frequent track history of being in harms way, it would not qualify as a Haraam job based on the pretext of "Self Harm".

It might qualify in Fiqh as inadvisable but not Haraam.

Another argument to prove the conclusion, is that lets say person X works in America and person B works in Australia. Both work on building construction sites. The Health and Safety rules in almost every country will differ at some point. What Fiqh ruling would one use when classifying either job to be haraam when the very health and safety issues are man made in each country accordingly?

If you ponder on this - you will realise that even a nurse will doubt that shariah validity of her own job based on the fact that she can contract various amount of diseases, for that matter even a Doctors job will be put to question.

So, the job cannot be considered haraam.

Wasalaam.

Bobbyflay23
04-02-2017, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamualaykum - Shukran jazeelan for the clarification.

The job would not be regarded in the category of "Self Harm". Self harm is where a person intends and carries out the action of harming themselves alone. They are totally responsible for this action.

What you talking about here is "unpredictability".

The case argument will open if that if this job was regarded haraam to go into, then what about other jobs like a policeman, soldier, Aid worker in a war torn country etc. Although a danger might be associated with a job or even have a frequent track history of being in harms way, it would not qualify as a Haraam job based on the pretext of "Self Harm".

It might qualify in Fiqh as inadvisable but not Haraam.

Another argument to prove the conclusion, is that lets say person X works in America and person B works in Australia. Both work on building construction sites. The Health and Safety rules in almost every country will differ at some point. What Fiqh ruling would one use when classifying either job to be haraam when the very health and safety issues are man made in each country accordingly?

If you ponder on this - you will realise that even a nurse will doubt that shariah validity of her own job based on the fact that she can contract various amount of diseases, for that matter even a Doctors job will be put to question.

So, the job cannot be considered haraam.

Wasalaam.
Ok thank you I guess I was over worrying or over thinking although the question about handing over the money wasn't really over thinking so it's ok

keiv
04-02-2017, 01:56 PM
If you try to use that logic for everything in life, you would never leave your house. One example would be driving somewhere. Driving on the road is very dangerous even if you're the safest driver. If someone crashes into you and you get hurt or even die, will Allah punish you even though you knew the roads were dangerous? Of course not.

If this place has a history of being robbed, it sounds like the police need to patrol the area. The store clerk should also probably put up some hd security cameras as well. Either way, it sounds like this is an easy place to attack for one reason or another.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.