/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia's War On Magic

YahyaAE
04-02-2017, 08:32 AM
https://youtu.be/IalIMTkMkAk

Apparently the practice of real magic is still a thing in the Ummah, even today in the 21st Century. KSA even launched their own X-Files type department to combat it back in 2009, and they are extremely harsh on everyone they accuse of being involved and have arrested a lot of people.:hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
04-02-2017, 08:52 AM
:salam:

Are people still in the 21st century practicing shirk like this?

The punishment on magic is Death, afaik, according to Shariah.

Allahu alam.

azc
04-02-2017, 10:25 AM
Instead of arresting the people, should be taught in a decent manner by scholars. You can't force the people to leave the evil practices if they are involved .

Indefinable
04-02-2017, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Instead of arresting the people, should be taught in a decent manner by scholars. You can't force the people to leave the evil practices if they are involved .
So we should continue allowing them to practice evil...?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
04-02-2017, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Indefinable
So we should continue allowing them to practice evil...?
no, you've to scratch the importance of magic from their mind and drill the correct aqida into their mind and heart by teaching them.

Scimitar
04-02-2017, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Strange you'd say this, considering magic has been outlawed in Arabia for eons and the magicians know this, live among Muslims and ignore the shariah in lieu of their greed for power.

Hudd punishment is necessitated, and justified.

Magicians know they do evil - there's nothing a shaikh can teach a magician about the evils of magic the magician doesn't already know. Educating a magician and setting him free on a promise is hubris.

Scimi

ardianto
04-02-2017, 02:38 PM
A number of Indonesian workers in Saudi ever arrested due to accusation of doing magic. Their mistake? ..... They used taweez!.

In Saudi Arabia taweez is considered as sihr stuff. So be careful if you use taweez and enter Saudi Arabia. You could be arrested and accused of doing sihr.

Scimitar
04-02-2017, 04:36 PM
I'm surprised the Indonesians do not get educated about this before they leave for Arabia ^o)

Scimi

Serinity
04-02-2017, 04:43 PM
:salam:

what astonishes me more is how people, with the wealth of knowledge we have, still do this kind of shirk.. Like magic, sihr, taweez, etc.

Aren't we supposed to use our brains?

Allahu alam.

ardianto
04-02-2017, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I'm surprised the Indonesians do not get educated about this before they leave for Arabia ^o)

Scimi
Indonesian people who work in Saudi Arabia are not highly educated people from cities, but low or medium educated people from villages. They work as housemaid or driver.

Scimitar
04-02-2017, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Indonesian people who work in Saudi Arabia are not highly educated people from cities, but low or medium educated people from villages. They work as housemaid or driver.
Ah yes, I overlooked this. JazakAllahu khair for the correction.

I was going to recommend a sign board before entering the airplane stating taweez are haraam in Arabia, but judging by the number of street signs which get ignored in Malaysia and Indonesia, I don't think anyone would notice it (we have the same problem in India lol)

Scimi

ardianto
04-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Ah yes, I overlooked this. JazakAllahu khair for the correction.

I was going to recommend a sign board before entering the airplane stating taweez are haraam in Arabia, but judging by the number of street signs which get ignored in Malaysia and Indonesia, I don't think anyone would notice it (we have the same problem in India lol)

Scimi
What do you think about people who love to say "Rules made to be violated"?. :D

Scimitar
04-02-2017, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
What do you think about people who love to say "Rules made to be violated"?. :D
:D

I would ask them, how they would justify the rape of their sister :D If rules are meant to be violated, then they can't become angry when a citizen breaks a law and rapes his sister, savvy?

Ask them, how they respond to this?

Expose their lack of logic, for what it is, show them how they entertain ideas which are contradictory to safe living, where life, honour etc are sacred.

Scimi

ardianto
04-02-2017, 05:12 PM
@Scimitar

The workers often informed to not bring taweez to Saudi Arabia. But they feel not confident if they do not use taweez.

Remember my story about my ex-teammate who used taweez on his body and in his motorbike?. He actually was a good racer with high skill. But he felt not confident if he didn't use taweez.

Yeah bro, from what I have noticed the common cause why people use taweez is lack of confidence. They don't trust their own abilities. So they seek a spiritual help from taweez.

Scimitar
04-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Sad state of affairs :(

Scimi

Scimitar
04-02-2017, 05:49 PM
This is a better video than the one shared in the OP.

Scimi

Mustafa16
04-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Taweez is shirk? why? My mother gave me a prayer written on a piece of paper (i presume this is taweez) and i put it in my backpack....and my father wears a necklace with taweez in it.

azc
04-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Strange you'd say this, considering magic has been outlawed in Arabia for eons and the magicians know this, live among Muslims and ignore the shariah in lieu of their greed for power.Hudd punishment is necessitated, and justified. Magicians know they do evil - there's nothing a shaikh can teach a magician about the evils of magic the magician doesn't already know. Educating a magician and setting him free on a promise is hubris.Scimi
I clarify: common ppl should be taught

Scimitar
04-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Ya know, Islam has been established for over 1400 years in Arabia.

Before that, in the times of jahilliyah, the practice of magic was rife and so, that generation which witnessed Islam fuit, had the ooprtunity to be taught about the evils of magic in societies and correct their actions with repentance.

You can clarify all you like, butter also clarifies :D it doesn't change facts bro. 1400 odd years and they still persist in doing magic? and you think a little warning is gonna make them stop?

That's very hippy of you :)

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.