/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do if you live in a non Muslim country and you are not allowed to work with H

Muslimah inshal
04-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatu allahi wa barakatuhu brothers and sisters !!
I hope you are all doing well .

What would you do if you live in a country that don't allow Muslim women to work in hijab ?

I live in Spain and here Muslim women take off their hijab in order to get a job . If you don't take it off , you will not get the job .

Jazakumu Allahu Khairan !!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
04-02-2017, 04:57 PM
I was working as an advertising sales executive almost 2 decades ago, my job required me to lie to advertisers about their return on investment. It was all very subjective and not truthful. So I asked Allah to find me a better job, a job where I don't have to lie.

Within a few weeks, I got made redundant without a fair reason and I could have taken the media group to an industrial tribunal because I was sacked unfairly. But I recognised that this was maybe a route to exit this situation I was wanted to get out from so all I said to my boss was "Allah knows best" and went to my desk, packed up and left the building and went home.

When I came out of the train station to go home, my phone rang. It was one of my advertisers. He asked what I plan to do with my life. I was pretty upset at the thought of having to explain to family that I didn't have a job anymore so in irritation and his question reminded me of this, so I told him "I will start my own magazine" to get him off my back. To my surprise, he said this was his dream, to have a magazine where he could advertise his products for free while charging others for the same privelege. So he met me the next day and we started a magazine. I had no previous experience in publishing, but Allahu Akbar, we had a successful magazine and I didn't have to lie because I was in charge :)

Make dua with sincerity, and doors will open from where you least expect them to in sha Allah.

Scimi

Muslimah inshal
04-02-2017, 05:03 PM
Wow subhanallah . Jazaka allahu Khairan brother Scime for the advise and for taking time to respond .

Muslimah inshal
04-02-2017, 05:05 PM
I'm still studying alhamdulillah but I hope I'll find a way when I finish my studies . Amiin ya rab !!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
04-02-2017, 05:06 PM
also, with regard to hijab, if the scarf is making it obvious that you are a Muslimah, which makes it hard for you to get a job. Can you instead, were some head gear like a fun hat which covers your hair and couple this with loose clothing which observes the principle of hijab without being obviously Muslim? I don't see any reason why this can be problematic?

in sha Allah.

Scimi

Muslimah inshal
04-02-2017, 05:17 PM
I don't think so because I have a friend that her mother can't even work with a turban scarf . It's kind of a scarf that only covers the hair . A lot of Muslim women nowadays wear it . Even if it's not the proper hijab . And they don't allow to wear a hat so hijab makes it even hard .

But anyways I'll have full trust in Allah swt and He will provide a better way for me inshallah ta'ala .

*charisma*
04-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I suggest you look at the weaknesses in their culture/society and fill a need that they're not filling. Basically, figure something out where you don't need to work for someone else.

Women being rejected for jobs just because they wear hijaab means that there are probably a lot of hijaabis looking for work. Funnily enough, I was browsing on tripadvisor the other day and I was searching through Spain. I noticed that they don't have much variety in their cuisine. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it looked like to me. I also couldn't see that there were many popular halal restaurants. A lot of Muslims travel to Spain, so if you're good at cooking, this could be a need you could fulfill with other muslimahs who can also cook. Some other things you could do is be a tour guide for muslim couples or other women.

I know people lose hope in western countries where there's a lot of prejudice against muslims, but honestly I believe you can make a successful business because of it. The large population of muslims and the lack of tolerant businesses gives you a chance to create a business that caters to the muslim community, and they will support you for it.

Muslimah inshal
04-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Wow subhanallah I didn't even think about that . Jazaki Allahu Khairan ukhty .[emoji8] [emoji8]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.