/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Debate weather allah accepts all duas

Slaveofthelord
04-02-2017, 04:30 PM
So i was debating with someone who said "allah accepts all duas"

But i told them yes but your duas have to be realistic, for example you cant ask allah for 100 ferarris or £1billion pound because the dua is unrealistic.

Now the other person litrally argued with me saying NO allah will give it if you 100 ferraris if you ask and have hope/trust in allah.. because allah can do anything etc..."who am i to say allah wont give it"

I agreed he can do anything but the dua has to be realistic you cant ask allah for a flying pony and expect him to give it ...EVEN though he CAN and has the ability to give you a flying pony... but it would be unrealistic.

so asking for £1billion is also unrealistic (taking into consideration the job etc we have)

Was i wrong or right?

I dont want to say anything wrong against allah so just need to clarify

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
04-02-2017, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Slaveofthelord
That was his/her problem.

Allah HEARS everyone's dua.

Whether HE chooses to answer them in the expected way the believer wishes it to be answered, is what this friend should investigate. He/she will learn a lot in sha Allah.

Scimi

Eric H
04-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Slaveofthelord;

so asking for £1billion is also unrealistic (taking into consideration the job etc we have)

Was i wrong or right?
I think you are right, Allah answers duas in a way that help us earn eternal salvation. So how would a billion pounds help anyone find eternal salvation? The chances are, if they got the money, they would then forget all about Allah and enjoy living the billionaire lifestyle.

Eternal salvation is worth more than a billion, after all, a billion would only last a hundred years max, then you are dead, so no comparison.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God.

Eric

*charisma*
04-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

But i told them yes but your duas have to be realistic, for example you cant ask allah for 100 ferarris or £1billion pound because the dua is unrealistic.

Now the other person litrally argued with me saying NO allah will give it if you 100 ferraris if you ask and have hope/trust in allah.. because allah can do anything etc..."who am i to say allah wont give it"

I agreed he can do anything but the dua has to be realistic you cant ask allah for a flying pony and expect him to give it ...EVEN though he CAN and has the ability to give you a flying pony... but it would be unrealistic.

Was i wrong or right?

I remember reading something in an Islamic book quite a while ago where it said that the du'as that are not answered in this dunyaa are answered in jannah, and if anyone would only see what they have stored for them in jannah they'd wish that none of their worldly du'as were answered. There are also certain conditions that should be met when making du'a, such as facing the qiblaa, sending salutations to the prophet pbuh, and calling Allah by his many names.

With that being said, it's not impossible to have a billion dollars, there are billionaires that exist, some coming from nothing. So there's nothing wrong with anyone wishing for wealth because this is something that can be granted by the will of Allah. It's good to make du'a for the things we want in this life and afterlife because you improve and increase your relationship with Allah, whereas you have individuals who become lazy or hopeless in making du'a. Du'a is a sign of patience and tawakkul (reliance). Perhaps make-believe things may not be ideal lol, but there's nothing wrong with making du'as that seem "difficult" or "rare."

Some people drink zamzam water and make du'a that Allah not make them thirsty on the day of judgement. This is a du'a that has nothing to do with this world, but it is a du'a that should be made for such a day. Just because they do not see the result of this du'a in this lifetime doesn't mean they shouldn't make it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
04-03-2017, 07:40 AM
Greetings and peace be with you *charisma*;

I remember reading something in an Islamic book quite a while ago where it said that the du'as that are not answered in this dunyaa are answered in jannah, and if anyone would only see what they have stored for them in jannah they'd wish that none of their worldly du'as were answered.
When we try and put Allah and jannah first, this kind of prioritises what we might pray for.

With that being said, it's not impossible to have a billion dollars, there are billionaires that exist, some coming from nothing.
I am not sure how ethical it is to go from nothing to a billion, in a short time, Microsoft comes to mind. Every time I spend a £100 on Microsoft, I have probably overpaid about £70. The only way to earn billions, is overcharge your customers, and underpay your employees, and the billions left over goes in the pocket of Bill Gates. If Bill didn't overcharge so much, then his millions of customers would have benefitted more.

In the spirit of searching for God.

Eric

azc
04-03-2017, 08:01 AM
So i was debating with someone who said "allah accepts all duas"But i told them yes but your duas have to be realistic, for example you cant ask allah for 100 ferarris or £1billion pound because the dua is unrealistic.Now the other person litrally argued with me saying NO allah will give it if you 100 ferraris if you ask and have hope/trust in allah.. because allah can do anything etc..."who am i to say allah wont give it"I agreed he can do anything but the dua has to be realistic you cant ask allah for a flying pony and expect him to give it ...EVEN though he CAN and has the ability to give you a flying pony... but it would be unrealistic. so asking for £1billion is also unrealistic (taking into consideration the job etc we have)Was i wrong or right?I dont want to say anything wrong against allah so just need to clarify
if Allah wills can give you more than what amount you can even think. He accepts all dua and gives what is good for us

ardianto
04-04-2017, 03:53 PM
There is difference between "need" and "want". Allah maybe will give us more than we need, but will not pampers our greed.

If you need car to make your family easier to travel and you make dua wish Allah give you cheap used compact car, probably Allah would give you easiness to get new MPV. But if you make dua wish Allah give you Ferrari?. You made dua like this not because you need, but because you want. And how if you make dua wish Allah give you 100 Ferraris?. This is an extreme greed. No, no, Allah will not pamper our greed.

Eric H
04-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Slaveofthelord;

But i told them yes but your duas have to be realistic, for example you cant ask allah for £1billion pound because the dua is unrealistic.
If Allah gave one million people a thousand pound each, that would be a billion pounds. And just consider this, if you earn one thousand pound a year, you are richer than around three billion people on Earth. It just makes absolute sense that it would be more beneficial to help a million poor people, than to give a billion to one person.

To see how wealthy you are compared to the rest of the world, go to this site and type in your annual salary. If you earn £10,000 per year, this puts you in the top 12% of the richest people on Earth. We should be thankful for what we have.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God,

Eric

Supernova
04-04-2017, 05:21 PM

Was i wrong or right?

Asalaamualaykum

In reality the mercy of Allah SWT is upon every dua made by a person.

The most important concept to understand in this topic - is that Allah SWT, gives each person a unique trial in this life taking into consideration what capacity he has suspended upon that person. In other words, all conditions that Allah SWT has designated in your life is meant for the sole intention to lead you to Jannah provided you react to that in accordance with Islam.

Example: If Allah SWT designates poverty upon a muslim, the trial is to see if that person will turn to haraam (like theft, robbery etc) or if the person will rely on his Rabb being the provider of all providers. That poverty which Allah SWT designates is unique to that persons ability and that trial is passable. Allah SWT created that person hence he knows that the trial is not beyond him/her.

Taking that into consideration - The position of dua is this.
Firstly- Allah SWT doesn't accept a haraam dua based on Asmanal Husna of Allah SWT. Example: If a person makes dua that his Mother-in-law gets crushed by a crane, simply because he hates her - Based on the fact that Allah SWT is all pure, that wont be accepted.

Secondly - the remainder of duas ( This is linked to your question). If a person asks for something Halaal Example, 1 Million dollars - then Allah SWT will only grant him the 1 Million dollars IF the 1 Million dollars was going to aid the person into entering Jannah. Example using it for good deeds. Allah SWT will "reject" the dua is that same 1 Million dollars was going to aid in the persons entery into Jahanam. The very fact that Allah SWT is Ar-Rahmaan & Ar-Raheem will lead any believer to understand that the acceptance or rejection of dua is actually in the best interest of the believer.

This is the reason why our greatest scholars in 1400 years have always explained that should that person not get 1 Million dollars - then Allah SWT will replace it something equivalent in the best interest of that person reaching Jannah. Example: Although the person asks for 1 Million dollars and it got rejected, Allah SWT might in turn give that person peace in their life, or a pious spouse, or obedient children Etc.

On a deeper level - you might have noticed that i used inverted commas in the word 'Rejected' two paragraphs above. I will explain as to why i did that.

Lets say Zayd makes dua for a million dollars and never gets it. Zayd's limited understanding and knowledge in life will lead him to think that Allah SWT has rejected his dua. Taking into consideration that Allah SWT gives us whats in our best interests to acquire Jannah - Allah SWT in reality has accepted the dua and withheld the million dollars from Zayd - so in reality Zayds expectation or result of that dua never get met BUT Zayds dua actually got accepted by the mercy of Allah SWT because Allah SWT saved Zayd from a the Fitna of owning the money.

So in reality Allah SWT might not give a person the result or exact expectation of a dua - but that Dua is never gone to waste.

So when a dua of ours is rejected, don't despair, the essence of that dua is actually accepted which is why Allah never grants the result. He is simply saving us from a Fitna that we (in our limitation) couldn't handle.

You must also remember that the very fact that a believer asks Allah SWT alone - even before he starts requesting, is already a great reward for the believer simply because the believer has demonstrated Thoheed.

Wasalaam.

Soulfire
04-05-2017, 08:17 AM

Was i wrong or right?

There should be no hesitation in asking your Creator, The one who is the real provider.

"Allah Answers your prayers in 3 ways

He says YES and give it to you immediately

He says NO and give you better...

He says WAIT and gives you the best"

So bearing this in mind, we can ask for absolutely anything, realistic or unrealistic - if Allah wills it, He will grant us it.
Also, Allah loves those who ask of him and rely completely on him. So keep asking Allah and do not lose hope....

Also instead of asking for money and stuff, he should ask for Allah to bless his resources, ask for Barakah, and ask Him to make him content on what worldly possessions he has.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.