/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is this life or test so hard????

.alhamdulillah.
04-02-2017, 10:51 PM
Sometimes I just wonder, why is it so hard?

The fact that in our nature, we desire to want to sin, such as women, drugs, partying, stealing, etc.....
Then add the fact that Shaytan is using our nature and desires and is such a deceiving and manipulative enemy who can trick us in so many ways....
Then the fact that the fitna is all around us tempting our desires with such easy access to drugs, women, material things....

My head just hurts sometimes trying to battle it...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ZeeshanParvez
04-03-2017, 01:27 AM
Yes, Paradise is surrounded by hardships.

Hell is surrounded by desires.

If you had no tests and trials in this life, how would it be any different from Paradise?

What was the reason of having Paradise if you had everything you wanted here?

Life is a test. Pass it and enter the everlasting abode of happiness. Eternal bliss.

Fail it and an evil abode awaits.

Learn to love Allaah more than yourself. Everything else will become easy.

azc
04-03-2017, 07:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
Sometimes I just wonder, why is it so hard? The fact that in our nature, we desire to want to sin, such as women, drugs, partying, stealing, etc.....Then add the fact that Shaytan is using our nature and desires and is such a deceiving and manipulative enemy who can trick us in so many ways....Then the fact that the fitna is all around us tempting our desires with such easy access to drugs, women, material things....My head just hurts sometimes trying to battle it...
it's not easy to get paradise

Eric H
04-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Greetings and peace be with you alhamdulillah.;

The fact that in our nature, we desire to want to sin, such as women, drugs, partying, stealing, etc.....
I think Oscar Wilde summed it up well. he said, I can resist everything.........................except temptation.

All temptation starts with thoughts, and here is a saying that I like.

Destiny Douglas C Hess

Watch Your Thoughts, For They Become Words,
Choose Your Words, For They Become Actions,
Understand Your Actions, For They Become Habits, Study Your Habits For They Become Your Character,
Develop Your Character,
For It Becomes Your Destiny.,

Turn your thoughts into prayers, to govern your words, actions and form your character.

In the spirit of praying for help.

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Simple_Person
04-03-2017, 09:20 AM
The tests are made exactly to fit how much your soul can handle. To give you an example, i have known hatred, this hatred eats you from within and much more down that road that make you evil and very negative. It makes you almost mentally capable to do the most horrifying acts that are known in humanity. I carried this hatred for 13 years and in the past i alhamdulillah finally conquered it and have experienced how to forgive somebody.

I have come to know the value of forgiveness, because i have known and understood what is hatred. When one finally conquers this hatred and is able to forgive, it also becomes very easily to get rid of proud and arrogance. To apologize for the mistakes or the injustice you have done to somebody becomes as easy as saying hello. Within my own family they see me as some loser because i forgave that person, i mean sub'han'Allah look at the simplistic arrogant and proud behavior as it more looks for them that i have put the family to shame by forgiving that person. I really pity that mentality. To me i say, i will end up in my grave and i will stand on the Day of Judgement on my own and NONE of you will stand next to me. So if feel rather sorry for them as they currently not UNDERSTANDING the value of forgiveness. They might know everything about forgiveness that they have read about, but doesn't mean they understand it.

This was i believe the hardest thing and most destructive thing i have ever faced till now, having to cope out with hatred, but the end results of it to be able to forgive. SUB'HAN'ALLAH, for me it is as if somebody can see without any tool on the darkest night.

The tests in life that are the most hard, are the ones that clean the you from within. They polish you. Look to another example. Some people are good at almost everything. They are rich, they have a wonderful wife, wonderful children, good other family members, have witnessed almost not hardships in life, ..everything is going as if it is "paradise". Often these people become even arrogant towards people who are "less" fortunate. Suddenly something happens in the life of his wife, his wife divorces him. Is divorce the HARDEST thing in life in general? Absolutely not. There are kids that are orphans and being sexually exploited their whole life, all the people they encounter in their life exploit them one way or the other. They are uneducated, lose one or two limbs down the road to diseases, one way or the other marry but their wife dies and they are left with couple of children they have to take care of. Having no 100% functional body to seek work and feed his children, yet him saying there is Allah and alhamdulillah that i am alive and that i have kids that when i look at them despite them having almost nothing they still can laugh and play.

The rich person after such "hardship" often becomes very harsh and think only through lies and deceit they can make it through this world.

While those less fortunes in the poor countries, live off the land. Can smile, if some calamity happens to them they say God is by my side and have full trust in God.

By western standards i have witness a lot of "hardships" in my life, by my standards i have witnessed almost no hardship in my life. The things that i did have faced to every one of them i say SERIOUSLY alhamdulillah. Why? Because i have drawn alhamdulillah a lot of wisdom from those experiences. Even to this day when i ponder about those life experiences, i see new wisdom behind it.

Ponder about things and you will see, don't just sit and complain about how hard it is. Ask Allah for guidance, for patience, for help, to show you wisdom behind it.

Zeal
04-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Why you ask this question?

Supernova
04-03-2017, 05:30 PM

Then add the fact that Shaytan is using our nature and desires and is such a deceiving and manipulative enemy who can trick us in so many ways....
Then the fact that the fitna is all around us tempting our desires with such easy access to drugs, women, material things....

Asalaamualaykum
The confusion is in the very way you have phrased the question.

You are correct that there are many things that lead us astray - its in out nature HOWEVER the point you missing is that the way Allah SWT has designed and created us is that it is also in our nature to do good deeds.

This is the reason as to why after doing something evil - When Shaytaan leaves the scene, we then feel guilty about it. The guilt itself is proof that we have good in our nature too.

All that Allah SWT is testing is if we choose the good or evil. Both are within our capacity.

If Allah SWT removed the testing factors - would it even be qualified to be called a test?

It is shaytaan that eludes us to thinking that evil is the only part of our nature and repelling it is a great effort - when in reality goodness is also in our nature.

Wasalaam

Soulfire
04-05-2017, 10:07 AM

This world is a prison for the believers...

The Dunya is a test and success lead to paradise and failure to comply with the Quran and Sunnah leads to hell. The Dunya here is being referred to the less important life, meaning the life in the hereafter is of far greater importance than this life on earth. As a result, the Dunya is built for a test and as a single purpose to worship Allah (SWT). The purpose of creation was not built for entertainment purpose in the Dunya and the believer should act according to the guidance of the Quran and Sunnah to be guaranteed a place in paradise....

....and jannah aint free, it needs to be earned...

Umm Malik
04-05-2017, 02:14 PM
The same as worldly tests
We prepare we revise ... we learn we keep awake
No one will forcing you because you know that you are working for your success ... sometimes you need reminders
But at the and of the day you do all these hard things for your success
This is what we look for also
Life is so hard but we should strive while looking for our relief there
Allah don't ask us to don't do sin ... but he ask us to repent and to do our best
To fear him and to don't lose hope from his mercy
It's so short and we will be rest inshallah

greenhill
04-05-2017, 02:40 PM
I believe the test are related to 'capabilities' too, for the lack of a better word.

So, the more 'intelligent' the mind, the 'higher' the levels of tests that comes. The wealthier you are, the tests are very different from having nothing to speak of. Likewise, having a high position in office or having authority and power, the temptations for abuse which would not be present for those not in that position..

I have a twisted theory to this also.. My question has always been with us humans being very susceptible to sinning it truly is entirely believable that we will only enter jannah by Allah's Mercy (alone). But it has been described that there are many, many ways Allah washes away sins, too! And from just the 5 daily prayers alone, all the minor sins are cleared leaving the major sins (whether we realised doing it or not). These other tests also are designed to wash away sins, that is if we accepted them as a test and face it with patience (still getting on with the requirements of life, though) and not complain about our fate. If we complain and get upset about it, the fact of the matter is that we still have to face it, but get nothing from Allah in return for His test on us.

With that in mind, the more severe the test, the bigger the sins washed off, I presume. . . so that gives me comfort. . I may be only fooling myself but Allah says for us to be patient. He will have His reasons.

:peace:

Edit
In my lengthy explanation, I forgot the conclusion to my 'twist'….. That is, with facing all these tests and doing the prayers and giving charity and with humility because of Allah we may, we just may strike the right way of attaining a status of being almost as pure as a new born or a new muslim..

There you go.. :embarrass

Bobbyflay23
04-06-2017, 04:50 AM
I know allah made this test only to proove to the evil ones that they deserve hell because he's not just gonna create somthing and send them straight to there akhria based on his infinite knowledge allready knowing if we going to hell or heaven I really wish that I could've skipped this test and go straight to my akriha dunya is boring

greenhill
04-06-2017, 01:53 PM
I find the dunya too exciting... very distracting, so many to explore, discover, try, do, learn, see .... and there are people too! How can it be boring with so many to choose from! `

Yes, it is making the right choices is what is hard and often we make the wrong choices and suffer for it, hence the 'boring' ... or the 'fake' people we have to deal with, 'boring'... I'd say that is part and parcel of life for everybody. So, it is our attitude that we have to 'tune' to have this dunya exciting for us to serve our Maker.

You can't wish to go straight to akhirah, skipping the dunya @Bobbyflay23 .. what are you going to be judged on?

Bobbyflay23
04-06-2017, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I find the dunya too exciting... very distracting, so many to explore, discover, try, do, learn, see .... and there are people too! How can it be boring with so many to choose from! `

Yes, it is making the right choices is what is hard and often we make the wrong choices and suffer for it, hence the 'boring' ... or the 'fake' people we have to deal with, 'boring'... I'd say that is part and parcel of life for everybody. So, it is our attitude that we have to 'tune' to have this dunya exciting for us to serve our Maker.

You can't wish to go straight to akhirah, skipping the dunya @Bobbyflay23 .. what are you going to be judged on?

Well as I said in the post allah allready knows where we where gonna go he just didn't instantly send us there so we don't complain about fairness and nah when your at a western school and you don't really have any friends because you ditched them all after becoming a better Muslim and you just go home every day it's pretty boring

M.I.A.
04-06-2017, 02:44 PM
lol i have yet to find a game where the losers end up winners..

unless its chess..maybe.

...i dont hold out much hope unfortunately.

alhamdulillah.

what a horrible place.

respecta
04-06-2017, 03:07 PM
May Allah make it easy for you

M.I.A.
04-08-2017, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
Yes, Paradise is surrounded by hardships.

Hell is surrounded by desires.

If you had no tests and trials in this life, how would it be any different from Paradise?

What was the reason of having Paradise if you had everything you wanted here?

Life is a test. Pass it and enter the everlasting abode of happiness. Eternal bliss.

Fail it and an evil abode awaits.

Learn to love Allaah more than yourself. Everything else will become easy.
paradise is served by hardships.

honestly thats all i can make of the world at present.

alhamdulillah.

SoldierAmatUllah
04-08-2017, 05:34 PM

SoldierAmatUllah
04-08-2017, 05:40 PM

Abdullah910
04-08-2017, 06:18 PM
There is a big difference between the one who is a liar and the one who is truthful.

How can you expect to enter paradise without being tested?

Paradise is not something cheap and only pure can enter it.

The greater the test the greater the reward.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.