/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Parents consuming riba

Bobbyflay23
04-03-2017, 05:08 AM
Soooo ounce upon a time my dad used to be a good Muslim and he used to get some difficult trials which is a sign from allah of his love to my dad but then eventually he decided to consume riba to buy a house like 10 years have passed now my dad has attitude he's ignorant and always angry and I havnt realized until now it's because allah took away his iman for committing riba and I ounce told him it's haram and he said that it's okay to do if you need to live which obviously that's not true because we where living fine in a apartment and it's like saying yea I can do zina to keep my living conditions up or I can steal to keep my living conditions up I don't really judge him but I want to get him to repent so he can be the way he used to be before I had a post called arguementive parent and I think this might be the reason why and now I argue with him to take me to the mosk he's only taken me ounce when I asked and he won't let me take the bus to go there either I mean sure it's a 1 hour bus ride but I'm 16 I can handle it and he says the reason why is it's "dangerous" because apperently if you go to the mosk your just gonna die instantly I just want him to come back to Islam he prays but you can just tell his hearts empty and he just has knowledge no heart

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Simple_Person
04-03-2017, 08:34 AM
Brother, Islam and imaan are not in your hands even if you gather the whole world to be on your side to convince somebody to do something, it is still not in your hand or ability.

Look at Abu Talib ibn Abd al-Muttalib uncle of Rasullah(saws), he died as a kafir. With parents, one must look to the Qur'an for how to handle with them. Look at the case of Ibrahim(as) and how he handled with his dad. He was kind and tried to show to him to do not do shirk. However in the end some boundaries need to be drawn as his own dad tried to kill him.

In this case your dad already says "la ilaha illa Allah muhammad rasul Allah", so say alhamdulillah for that. With us human beings to be able to "convince" them what they are doing, some preparations need to be taken first. What are those preparations? Softening the heart. If a heart is hard, it doesn't suck up what is good. So the question is how do you soften the heart? Look at your self. DO NOT ARGUE!! People who are Muslims will even brand zina halal if their heart has become hard.

- STOP talking to him in the sense of discussion. Leave him be, as he KNOWS deep down what he is doing is wrong.
- DO NOT START the talk about Islam with him.
- DO NOT prolong a discussion if he asks you something about Islam but clearly isn't pursuing the truth but for the sake of discussion. Rather have the mentality of "For you is your religion, and for me is my religion." Qur'an 109:6. Why do i bring this aya? As to you interpret it your way and i interpret it my way.

"Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Whoever does not argue when he is in the wrong will have a home built for him on the edge of Paradise. Whoever avoids it when he in the right will have a home built for him in the middle of Paradise. And whoever improves his own character, a home will be built for him in the highest part of Paradise.” [Tirmidhi]"

Source used: http://dailyhadith.adaptivesolutions...umentation.htm

- If you notice every time that he starts a discussion about Islam, while every time not really interested in the truth, but is discussing with you for the sake of wanting to win this discussion. Say my dear father or something down that road, i don't want to talk about Islam believe what you want to believe.

- If there is no more discussion about Islam which is good, being in the mean time WORK on your self. Start being kind to him, start helping out in the house more often, start cooking the diner, treat him with more respect than you are doing it right now. As his advice for worldly things or his life experience with things in general in life. So for example if he knows something about certain profession, ask him if he could teach you.

Further more work on yourself, try to abolish bad behavior and such. These things are the first things that he will notice. People by nature are VERY VERY VERY fond of comparing themselves with other people as to the sense to be better in things. When he sees these things two things will happen, either he starts pondering and sees his son being such a good son and also starts to change his behavior as he becomes shameful of his behavior and actions or will work against you. However if somebody by heart is good but has experienced bad moments in life that have changed him/her, just need to see goodness still exists.

For this thing as the example of Ibrahim(as) with his heart.

"And [mention] when Abraham said, "My Lord, show me how you give life to the dead." [Allah] said, "Have you not believed?" He said, "Yes, but [I ask] only that my heart may be satisfied." [Allah] said, "Take four birds and commit them to yourself." Then [after slaughtering them] put on each hill a portion of them; then call them - they will come [flying] to you in haste. Exalted in Might and Wise. " Qur'an 2:260

Ibrahim (as) his heart needed this ease that it exists while his mind KNOWS it already, just like how we need to see good people in our lives to see they exists so that we also pursue that road despite 99 out of every 100 for the rest of our lives we meet are those rotten and despicable people.

We often think the world is messed up, so screw it, however when we see there are people that despite this rotten world are kind, genuine, do not lie, do not cheat etc. , this is sort of a wake up call for us to be some how reassured about no what i am following or about to follow is good and should pursue that road and not pursue with all those other rotten people do.

Each and every one of us who actively wants to pursue to be a practicing Muslim is the light in our own homes.

"O you who have believed, protect yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is people and stones, over which are [appointed] angels, harsh and severe; they do not disobey Allah in what He commands them but do what they are commanded." Qur'an 66:6

Allah doesn't say protect your families and yourselves, he first talks about ourselves then our families. So why first ourselves? You get me? Be the tool of Allah for the guidance of your family as you already have become convinced.

Don't be hasty in things. Just let it flow and gently go with the flow.

Bobbyflay23
04-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Ok thank you for the advice I ended up talking with him about it and he went around searching for proof he can do it in the USA for living and he kept finding proof that I was right and at the end he found only one sheikh that says it's halal with no proof and he says he follows this person and then all of a sudden he started calling himself hanafi which I've never heard him say in my life he always calls himself a Sunni Muslim so I get what you mean about if he's not seeking the truth also to anybody else that reads the thread I had some false memory since I was younger during the times before my dad did riba I will edit out some of the things I'm not sure on from
The post

Simple_Person
04-03-2017, 02:33 PM
As far as i know is that riba is also included in rent. However a Muslim has a choice, actively choosing or doing it because there is no alternative to it, which is paying for your house through rent and not paying it off a mortgage. A mortgage also includes for example more stress in ones life, as for a house with rent you can move to a cheaper one if you are not able to pay for the expensive one.

If he indeed did what you just said, to not really follow the truth. Stop discussing Islam with him, as he is not really interested. Just be the best you can be and follow your life. People like him aren't open for change and for honesty. They sadly will end up in their own grave.

If he wants to start a discussion about Islam, tell him with utmost respect that you don't want to discuss Islam. Because you yourself KNOW what is your limit and you know that you get all annoyed and angry about the dishonesty.

Take care and may Allah give you patience.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bobbyflay23
04-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Thank you and you too brother patience is somthing that we all need espically at times like this

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.