/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saalim bin 'Abdullah bin 'Umar

AabiruSabeel
04-04-2017, 09:21 PM
Zuhd (Abstinence) of Sayyiduna Saalim, son of Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Umar (radiallahu anhu):

Saalim was said to be a carbon copy of his father, Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Umar, who was said to be a copy of his father Sayyiduna Umar (radiallahu anhum aj'maeen).

It is reported that the Umayyad Khalifa Sulaiman ibn Abdul Malik came for Hajj.

He had travelled from Damascus with lots of wealth and gifts to distribute among the residents of Haramain Shareefayn.

While the Khalifa was doing tawaaf, his gaze fell on Sayyiduna Saalim. His torn slippers were in his hands and his clothes were not even worth three dirhams.
Sulaiman approached him, greeted him and said, "Is there anything you need from me?"

Saalim looked at him in astonishment and in anger, and said: "Are you not ashamed of yourself? We are in the house of Allah and you want me to present my needs to other than Allah?"

The Khalifa felt sheepish and regretful over his actions. Then he kept looking at Saalim during tawaaf. When he saw that sayyiduna Saalim is now exiting haram, he approached him again saying: "Ya Saalim! You refused to tell me your needs inside the haram; now tell me while you are outside."

Saalim said: "Shall I ask you for needs of this world or of the hereafter?

He replied: "The needs of this world, because the needs of the hereafter can only be sought from Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala"

Saalim said: "Wallah! I have never asked anything of this world from the One who owns the world. Why would I ask from the one who doesn't own it?"

Truly, such were our forefathers who always turned a blind eye towards the dunya. The luxuries of this transient world had fallen from their eyes so their status was raised high by Allah Most High, whereas we have fallen for the dunya, thus we fell from the eyes of Allah, and the world is playing games with us and kicking us around like a football. We love the world, we love for the sake of the world, our peace is for the world and our hate is for the world. How can we progress?

May Allah have mercy on us. Ameen

‎ اللهم لا تجعل الدنيا أكبر همنا ولا مبلغ علمنا ولا إلى النار مصيرنا واجعل الجنة هي دارنا وقرارنا ولا تسلّط علينا بذنوبنا من لا يخافك فينا و لا يرحمنا برحمتك يا أرحم الراحمين وصل اللهم وسلم وبارك على سيدنا و مولانا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه أجمعين.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ShkhAbdulRa...41065262784298

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.