/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fardh Sunnah and Wajib in salah

Muslimah inshal
04-05-2017, 12:53 PM
اسلام عليكم و رحمة الله وبركته !!
What's the difference between Wajib , fardh and sunnah in salah ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kiro
04-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Fard means like compulsury

Sunnah is the prophetic tradition or practises of the Prophet :saws1:

Wajib means commanded

Sunnah is like a must if you follow the Hanifi madhaab without a valid excuse. Well if you don't, it's simply optional.

Muslimah inshal
04-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Ah okay .
So witr is wajib ?
To we have to pray witr immediately after isha or we can pray it when we wake up for fajr ( but before fajr ) . I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say . If not , tell me and I'll try again cause my English is not that good .

aaj
04-05-2017, 01:04 PM
:wasalam:

Fard are the compulsory rakahs you have to do in order for your salah to be valid (fajr: 2 fard, zuhr/dhur: 4 fard, asr: 4 fard, magreb: 3 fard, isha: 4 fard)

Fard and wajib are the same thing unless you are hanafi then wajib is close to fard but not the same.

The Hanafi Fiqh, however, makes a distinction between Wajib and Fard, the latter being obligatory and the former merely necessary. According to the Hanafi Fiqh witr prayer is wajib.

see https://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/i...twaId&Id=88389

To we have to pray witr immediately after isha or we can pray it when we wake up for fajr ( but before fajr ) . I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say . If not , tell me and I'll try again cause my English is not that good .
Ibn Abbas narrated that the Prophet saw said, “You should perform salat layl even if it’s 1 rakaat.”

Witr is referred to as the night prayer (same as qiyam layl or thajjud). It's preferred to be prayed in the latest part of the night.

Ibn Abbas narrated that the Prophet saw said, “You should perform salat layl even if it’s 1 rakaat.”

Witr is a form of qiyamulayl. Aisha r.a. said that Prophet :saws1: prayed witr at various hours of the night from the beginning to the last hours of the night. Towards end of his life, he settled on last part of night.

Jabir narrated that the Prophet saw said, “Whoever fears he will not wake up at night, let him pray before he sleeps, whoever hopes he will wake up, let him pray at the end of night because the recitation at the end of the night, that is the witnessed recitation of the angels {better time to recite and pray witr}

So the Prophet saw generally encouraged delaying witr if one is to wake up at night for qiyamulayl. Abu Qatadah narrated that Prophet saw was sitting with Abu Bakr and Umar and asked them each, “When do you pray witr? Abu Bakr said, “I pray it early on in the night” and Umar said, “I pray it at end of night.” So Prophet saw said to Abu Bakr “he took the safe way, “and he pointed to Umar and said, “This one took the path that requires great determination and strength.”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimah inshal
04-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Oh I'm used to pray witr after isha and then wake up like a half an hour before fajr and pray tahajjud . I don't know if it's correct what I'm doing cause my dad taught me like that .
But in Ramadan I leave witr and pray it before fajr

Kiro
04-05-2017, 01:41 PM
As far as I know, depending on what opinion you follow, witr is optional or it is a must.

Muslimah inshal
04-05-2017, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
As far as I know, depending on what opinion you follow, witr is optional or it is a must.
Ummm I don't really know if I follow hanafi or not . I've always prayed it as a must .

respecta
04-05-2017, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
Oh I'm used to pray witr after isha and then wake up like a half an hour before fajr and pray tahajjud . I don't know if it's correct what I'm doing cause my dad taught me like that .
But in Ramadan I leave witr and pray it before fajr
If you're waking up to pray tahajud then you may as well pray witr at the end. As witr is best prayed in the last portion of the night.

Muslimah inshal
04-05-2017, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by respecta
If you're waking up to pray tahajud then you may as well pray witr at the end. As witr is best prayed in the last portion of the night.
And if I don't pray witr after isha and pray it when I wake up for fajr , do I have to pray just witr or add more tahajjud and then Fajr ?

respecta
04-05-2017, 03:27 PM
And if I don't pray witr after isha and pray it when I wake up for fajr , do I have to pray just witr or add more tahajjud and then Fajr ?
Tahajjud is not 'obligatory', it is a nafil, so if you do it, its brilliant.

Witr however was never missed by our beloved Prophet (saw).

The condition for witr it is to be prayed after the Isha prayer has been prayed and before the time of Fajr.

Its not necessary to pray tahajjud before witr, but if you can, then that's great

aaj
04-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Witr is the night prayer. You can pray anytime after Isha and before fajr.

everything else what he said ^

azc
04-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Ah okay . So witr is wajib ? To we have to pray witr immediately after isha or we can pray it when we wake up for fajr ( but before fajr ) . I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say . If not , tell me and I'll try again cause my English is not that good .
it is recommended to pray witr in tahajjud if you can wake up.

AabiruSabeel
04-05-2017, 05:18 PM
اسلام عليكم و رحمة الله وبركته !!
What's the difference between Wajib , fardh and sunnah in salah ?
:salam:

Please see this thread: https://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/...cs-prayer.html

It explains the difference between Fardh, Wajib and Sunnah prayers, as well as the different actions of a prayer.

Muslimah inshal
04-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Tahajjud is not 'obligatory', it is a nafil, so if you do it, its brilliant.

The condition for witr it is to be prayed after the Isha prayer has been prayed and before the time of Fajr.

Its not necessary to pray tahajjud before witr, but if you can, then that's great
Oh Jazaka allahu Khairan !

Zeal
04-07-2017, 10:35 AM

To your knowledge perhaps and there has been a claim where he did miss it once.. some people think witr is sunnah.

https://youtu.be/7AW4Ri6mykI

Anyway let's be careful of what we ascribe to the prophet (saw) and may Allah forgive us for our mistakes

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
To your knowledge perhaps and there has been a claim where he did miss it once.. some people think witr is sunnah.

Anyway let's be careful of what we ascribe to the prophet (saw) and may Allah forgive us for our mistakes
I always pray witr as an obligation .
Jazaka allahu Khairan for your taking time to answer .

Assalamu Alaikum !!

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 10:39 AM
And what about subh/ duha prayer? Is it the same thing ?

AabiruSabeel
04-07-2017, 11:59 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal

It is not mentioned that the prophet :saws: did not pray Witr at Muzdalifah during Hajj. It is simply not mentioned in the Hadith whether he prayed it or not. So it is not correct to say with absolute confirmation that he did not pray witr during Hajj. Maybe he prayed, maybe he did not.

Because it is not mentioned, some scholars have deduced that since the prophet :saws: never missed Witr during his lifetime, he must have prayed witr during Hajj as well. Some other scholars deduce that he may not have prayed witr that night. Both of these scholars do not and cannot say with confirmation whether he prayed witr that night or not.

Nevertheless, it is strongly emphasized in the Hadith to pray witr. It is narrated in a Hadith:

Witr is a duty, so whoever does not perform witr is not of us,” and he repeated it three times. [Abu Dawud and Ahmad; the hadith is sound, as discussed by Zayla`i in Nasb al-Raya (2.112) and`Ayni in `Umdat al-Qari Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari (7.11);]

Allaah has added a prayer for you, and it is Witr, so pray it between ‘Isha’ and Fajr.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth al-Saheehah 9108).

According to Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal :rh:, the one who does not pray witr intentionally is an evil man and his testimony cannot be accepted.

AabiruSabeel
04-07-2017, 12:05 PM
And what about subh/ duha prayer? Is it the same thing ?
The dhuha prayer is Nafl (voluntary). It is prayed after sunrise when the sun has risen more than approximately 2 meters over the horizon. The time for dhuha prayer lasts until before noon.

It is forbidden to pray any Sunnah or Nafl prayers while the sun is rising up, when it is at its peak at noon, and when it is setting down.

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
The dhuha prayer is Nafl (voluntary). It is prayed after sunrise when the sun has risen more than approximately 2 meters over the horizon. The time for dhuha prayer lasts until before noon.

It is forbidden to pray any Sunnah or Nafl prayers while the sun is rising up, when it is at its peak at noon, and when it is setting down.
Is it true that when you pray Fajr you have to pray two rakaat more ( called subh ) just after praying Fajr ?
Or subh is the same as duha prayer . Cause my dad prays two more rakaat after Fajr and I don't know what it is called . Maybe he is confusing it with the duha prayer that it should be prayed after the Sunrise .

AabiruSabeel
04-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Is it true that when you pray Fajr you have to pray two rakaat more ( called subh ) just after praying Fajr ?
Or subh is the same as duha prayer . Cause my dad prays two more rakaat after Fajr and I don't know what it is called . Maybe he is confusing it with the duha prayer that it should be prayed after the Sunrise .
There's two rakat Sunnah of Fajr which is prayed before the Fardh two rakat of Fajr.

The dhuha is not prayed immediately after Fajr. It has to wait until the sun has completely risen. Some people call the Fajr prayer as the Subh prayer so I am not sure what he is referring to.

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
There's two rakat Sunnah of Fajr which is prayed before the Fardh two rakat of Fajr.

The dhuha is not prayed immediately after Fajr. It has to wait until the sun has completely risen. Some people call the Fajr prayer as the Subh prayer so I am not sure what he is referring to.
Oh I see. Maybe he is confusing it . Because I pray as he tought me since i was young and now i was searching if my salah is the correct way and I found that I was making some mistakes . So Jazaka allahu Khairan for your help .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.