/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New

Findingmyway247
04-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Hello im new here i want to convert but i want to know more i want to commit and understand

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
respecta
04-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Hi FindingMyWay, I'm new too.

I hope we can possibly help you.

Feel free to ask whatever you like

Muslimah inshal
04-05-2017, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Findingmyway247
Hello im new here i want to convert but i want to know more i want to commit and understand
Hi !!
Ask any question and we will be glad to answer inshallah ( God willing ) .
May Allah guide you and show you the right path Amiin ya rab

sister herb
04-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Hello to you

Welcome to forum.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Findingmyway247
04-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Thank You! Where do i begin there is so much but for starters I will say I took my Shahada last year in September shortly before i married a brother by the Iman at his Mosque. Things were going good until he started in on me on every little thing from perfume to me wearing make up I was very emotional because shortly after we married i got pregnant it was just alot to take in and every step i took i felt like i was going to the hell fire he was always so concerned with my little flaws i was willing to change like the make up he forgot to teach me the big things like teaching me to pray and learn Islam i felt let down one day it was all to much for me so i sent him a text telling him i was going back to Christianity because it was what i knew and it was not as difficult as Islam seemed to just worship and love God im now pregnant with his first son and according to him we are divorced because i went back to Christianity we never went in front of a judge just the Shiek so im guessing thats why its so easy to divorce now i have 2 more months to go in this pregnancy and im very uncertain and unclear on what to do a part of me wants to make things work and get back with him for the sake of my son but the other part of me says no because how i felt while i was with him now im so sad because i see Brothers and Sisters out and about looking like a team happy not bikering not divided thats what i seeked through our relationship and to learn more about Islam but now I am on my own finding my own way reading and studying with out someone constantly telling me i will go to hell sorry alot but i just seek the right way i truly do with out feeling judged every step or mistake i make

respecta
04-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Thank You! Where do i begin there is so much but for starters I will say I took my Shahada last year in September shortly before i married a brother by the Iman at his Mosque. Things were going good until he started in on me on every little thing from perfume to me wearing make up I was very emotional because shortly after we married i got pregnant it was just alot to take in and every step i took i felt like i was going to the hell fire he was always so concerned with my little flaws i was willing to change like the make up he forgot to teach me the big things like teaching me to pray and learn Islam i felt let down one day it was all to much for me so i sent him a text telling him i was going back to Christianity because it was what i knew and it was not as difficult as Islam seemed to just worship and love God im now pregnant with his first son and according to him we are divorced because i went back to Christianity we never went in front of a judge just the Shiek so im guessing thats why its so easy to divorce now i have 2 more months to go in this pregnancy and im very uncertain and unclear on what to do a part of me wants to make things work and get back with him for the sake of my son but the other part of me says no because how i felt while i was with him now im so sad because i see Brothers and Sisters out and about looking like a team happy not bikering not divided thats what i seeked through our relationship and to learn more about Islam but now I am on my own finding my own way reading and studying with out someone constantly telling me i will go to hell sorry alot but i just seek the right way i truly do with out feeling judged every step or mistake i make
This is very sad to hear sister.

If you live in the U.K, the Shariah Council can provide you with advice, or there are some organisations that help such as SOLACE who specially help revert sisters in difficulty. http://www.solaceuk.org

Findingmyway247
04-05-2017, 10:44 PM
Thank You but im not in the uk im in US Im going to see if there are some organizations out here like this

respecta
04-05-2017, 10:59 PM
Thank You but im not in the uk im in US Im going to see if there are some organizations out here like this
You could possibly still contact them and maybe they can provide you some advice or they may know of organisations within the states.

Findingmyway247
04-05-2017, 11:02 PM
Okay great thank you very much

greenhill
04-05-2017, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear your 'stress' . . . I guess, your husband is also not entirely sure how to start teaching as there is sooooo much to learn. You got to remember that the Quran was introduced over a 26 (?) year period and people learnt it over time, slowly incorporating the lessons into their life.

Start with the few obligations you need, like prayers and move on from there basically learn about what Allah likes and what He dislikes. Reading helps.. it will take time, so tell your husband to stop 'nit picking' and help you learn.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Findingmyway247
04-05-2017, 11:57 PM
Thank You so much I have a question if you can answer it if i told him i was going back to Christianity how do I get back to Islam im so confused rite now because he says we are no longer married because I said i was going back to Christianity if only you can answer if not thank you the same for your reply

Muslimah inshal
04-06-2017, 07:26 AM
Thank You so much I have a question if you can answer it if i told him i was going back to Christianity how do I get back to Islam im so confused rite now because he says we are no longer married because I said i was going back to Christianity if only you can answer if not thank you the same for your reply
I think you are still married . Changing to another religion doesn't mean you are not his wife .
To come back to Islam you just have to say the Shahada again from your heart and ask Allah to guide and learn step by step and don't get stressed . Inshallah everything will be okay .

Peace !!

Muslimah inshal
04-06-2017, 07:27 AM
Sister if you have another questions just us here and inshallah we will do our best to help [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8]

Findingmyway247
04-06-2017, 07:32 AM
Thank You so much my sister

Muslimah inshal
04-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Thank You so much my sister
You are very much welcome !!

I'll make dua ( invocation) for you inshallah ( God willing ) .

respecta
04-06-2017, 10:09 AM
If you don't mind me asking, where in the states are you located I will try find something for you?

Findingmyway247
04-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Im in Minnesota

Findingmyway247
04-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Okay thank you again:):)

respecta
04-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Im in Minnesota
Here, try Masjid Huda.

They have counselling services and advice, I think its definitely worth trying to contact them and speaking to them about your issues:

https://www.alhudacenter.org/contact

Findingmyway247
04-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Wow thank you so very much I truly appreciate you from the bottom of my heart:) :)

respecta
04-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Wow thank you so very much I truly appreciate you from the bottom of my heart:) :)
I hope it goes well, let us know if you have any luck in getting through to them!

Muslimah inshal
04-06-2017, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by respecta
I hope it goes well, let us know if you have any luck in getting through to them!
I hope you find your way my sister . May Allah make it easy for .

Findingmyway247
04-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Okay I will keep you updated! The phonelines open up at 12pm my time in about 2 1/2 hours

Findingmyway247
04-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Thank you I really want this and to find my way I have so much faith everything will work out

respecta
04-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Okay I will keep you updated! The phonelines open up at 12pm my time in about 2 1/2 hours
How'd it go?

Findingmyway247
04-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Nobody ever answered the phone no word yet

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Sister if they don't answer then try by going to any mosque and ask to an
imam for help . Indhallah khair !

respecta
04-07-2017, 01:14 PM
What a shame, don't lose hope, keep trying! Maybe turn up on the door at sunset time so you know there are people in there praying and somebody could possibly meet you then or arrange an appointment !

Friday Prayers is between 12:30 and 1:30pm so maybe try then, but it may be really busy, so if you got time to wait around then maybe then, personally I think the other prayers will be slightly quiter

Here are the timings:

Dhuhr Prayer 1:30pm
Asr Prayer 4:55pm
Maghreb (Sunset Prayer) : 7:45pm
Isha Prayer : 9:15pm

aaj
04-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Hello and welcome :)

What he did was wrong. As a partner and as a Muslim he should have focused on teaching you the basics of Islam and not nitpicking things that could have been dealt with much much later. So he is to blame in driving you away from Islam. This is the difference between cultural and religious Muslims. I"m sorry to hear you went through all that and felt Islam was too difficult to follow because of that experience.

Islam is very easy to follow when we are ready to submit to the Lord. I"m glad to know you are seeking to return to Islam again despite given a bad experience. I would encourage you to learn Islam this time so that not only would you know what Islam is and implement it n your life but also so that you would know your rights in Islam as well. I would suggest gong through this website : http://www.newmuslims.com/ and afterwards you can read this book as well : http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/en_A...enewMuslim.pdf

Regarding your marriage situation. It is true that once a person leaves Islam, their marriage becomes annulled as a Muslim is allowed to marry a believer only. Regarding getting back together with the same guy again. Have you talked to him since then? are you in touch with him? do you know if he feels the same if you were to convert to Islam? If he is also willing to give it another try then you could talk to your local imam and explain the situation to him. He can advise the guy on proper way to handle a marriage to a convert and set some ground rules for a smoother transition. Regardless of being in touch or not, I would talk to the local imam first and explain your situation and see what he would advise you in getting back together or not. If the imam seems inexperienced then you can call another imam at another mosque and ask him. An imam that has many converts in his community and deals with them will have more experience in dealing with these kind of convert issues.

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 02:12 PM
What a shame, don't lose hope, keep trying! Maybe turn up on the door at sunset time so you know there are people in there praying and somebody could possibly meet you then or arrange an appointment !

Friday Prayers is between 12:30 and 1:30pm so maybe try then, but it may be really busy, so if you got time to wait around then maybe then, personally I think the other prayers will be slightly quiter

Here are the timings:

Dhuhr Prayer 1:30pm
Asr Prayer 4:55pm
Maghreb (Sunset Prayer) : 7:45pm
Isha Prayer : 9:15pm
A Muslim man is ALLOWED to marry a Muslim or a non Muslim but a Muslim woman IS NOT allowed to marry a non Muslim so I don't think that her marriage is anulled .
Maybe I'm wrong Allahu a'Alam. I'm wrong?

respecta
04-07-2017, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
A Muslim man is ALLOWED to marry a Muslim or a non Muslim but a Muslim woman IS NOT allowed to marry a non Muslim so I don't think that her marriage is anulled .
Maybe I'm wrong Allahu a'Alam. I'm wrong?
I think on this matter the sister needs a clear fatwa from a scholar as this is a specific matter.

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 09:06 PM
I think on this matter the sister needs a clear fatwa from a scholar as this is a specific matter.
Yes sure inshallah

Findingmyway247
04-08-2017, 01:14 AM
Thank You for the links to the websites I will read them at this point I am going to learn for myself Its to much to go back to him he told me he does not think we will ever be able to get along and i said i had faith we would and he said how am i going to come back and marry him i never answered he is in touch as little as possible and vice versa this past couple days we have text a bit more than usual but the more we chat the more i become distant although I am pregnant with his child I refuse to be taught the wrong way it only confuses me I only seek the truth this whole marriage is questionable to me a person can just sever ties because I told him im going back to Christianity its not rite Im 30 weeks pregnant with so many complications from pregnancy and I still work very hard because I can not afford to quit I have to drive a far distance for my weekly appointments if i quit I dont get there because I wont have the gas I asked him for assistance last month and all he said was if Allah wills it but he works when we were together he would help now he does not and i will not make the mistake to ask twice he wants me to give him his name which i have no problem with but im confused how he wants me to name him after him but with the babys first name then his whole name behind it the more I talk about it makes me feel upset because this is not what Islam is about I feel like he did wrong by me every thing i did i felt like i was going to the hell fire he says most women are in the hell fire for not obeying their husbands i appreciate your reply but this is a journey I will go on without him I dont know enough to dispute any Things he says so ill continue to pray and seek guidance from Allah to guide me and put me in touch with the rite people to help mentor me along the way im not giving up on Islam im still very open minded :)

Findingmyway247
04-08-2017, 01:17 AM
Thank You very much i was not able to go today by the time I got off from work eveything was shut down I found another mosque hoping to hear back from them asap I wont give up thank you 4 the encouragment

Findingmyway247
04-08-2017, 01:21 AM
This is what he told me and what i researched

Search
04-08-2017, 01:54 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

This is what he told me and what i researched
Sister, I hope you're doing well. And I also hope this message finds you in good health and good spirits. I read briefly your earlier post, and I'm sorry to inform you that it seems your husband has been emotionally and mentally abusive under the guise of guiding you spiritually, and this is one of the main reasons you felt compelled to leave Islam. Frankly, I'll honestly tell you that what he did with you in terms of words and behavior I'd liken to spiritual rape of your soul, because he was constantly pressuring you to conformity and dictating you in a manner that is and has never been envisioned in Islam. Unfortunately, what some persons do is under the guise of religion promote a rigid understanding of Islam that turns the significant other off, and that is what happened to you. Sister, try to get your life on track without him and learn your deen (faith) so that no person can use their own intolerance as a vehicle to make you distrust Islam. I myself used to be an atheist, and I chose the path of Islam. I love Islam. But I'm not blind to how some people use the front of Islam for their own agendas, and it is too unfortunate that your husband turned out to be from one of them. Please, sister, keep hope and trust in Allah. And always know your rights and privileges and etiquette of spousal behavior in Islam so that no one is ever again able to pull the wool over your eyes and treat you badly under the guise of religion. InshaAllah (God-willing), dearest sister, I will keep you in my prayers so that you have a safe pregnancy and a healthy child.

Please take care of yourself and your unborn child and do not stress yourself. Life always has a way of working out, and bad things can lead to eventual good outcomes. Keep faith.

Best Wishes and Sincerest Regards,

Findingmyway247
04-08-2017, 02:13 AM
Thank You so very much I really appreciate you taking the time to write me this message I thought it was me but I really truly know it was not I will keep on the rite track and get to know Allah for myself so I know my rights I am so very happy that you found Allah wow that is amazing thank you again☺☺☺

*charisma*
04-08-2017, 02:14 AM
Thank You for the links to the websites I will read them at this point I am going to learn for myself Its to much to go back to him he told me he does not think we will ever be able to get along and i said i had faith we would and he said how am i going to come back and marry him i never answered he is in touch as little as possible and vice versa this past couple days we have text a bit more than usual but the more we chat the more i become distant although I am pregnant with his child I refuse to be taught the wrong way it only confuses me I only seek the truth this whole marriage is questionable to me a person can just sever ties because I told him im going back to Christianity its not rite Im 30 weeks pregnant with so many complications from pregnancy and I still work very hard because I can not afford to quit I have to drive a far distance for my weekly appointments if i quit I dont get there because I wont have the gas I asked him for assistance last month and all he said was if Allah wills it but he works when we were together he would help now he does not and i will not make the mistake to ask twice he wants me to give him his name which i have no problem with but im confused how he wants me to name him after him but with the babys first name then his whole name behind it the more I talk about it makes me feel upset because this is not what Islam is about I feel like he did wrong by me every thing i did i felt like i was going to the hell fire he says most women are in the hell fire for not obeying their husbands i appreciate your reply but this is a journey I will go on without him I dont know enough to dispute any Things he says so ill continue to pray and seek guidance from Allah to guide me and put me in touch with the rite people to help mentor me along the way im not giving up on Islam im still very open minded :)
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I think you should discover and learn islam on your own for now, and then make the proper judgement whether or not your husband is the right person for you. You married him from a different perspective/circumstance, so when you become a Muslim and learn more about Islam, you'll be able to get a better understanding of the type of partner that is preferred.

HOnestly, I think your husband is lacking in some religious knowledge as well. He can't really pick and choose what he wants both of you to follow. It's better to try to work it out because you will have a child together, but you both have to be on the same page for it to work out in the long run. A good husband will remind, advise, and try to teach you at your own pace, not at his. He should be respectful and patient, especially for someone who is completely new to the religion. Maybe having a 3rd party (like an islamic scholar/counselor) speak to him about his treatment towards you will be helpful.

Findingmyway247
04-08-2017, 02:49 AM
Yes thank you I hope to be on the same page with him but it seems as if we are in two different worlds I am seeking Islam for myself and so far it is really going well i really realise the just of my situation i felt kind of taken advantage of by my lack of knowledge but im very greatful im seeking the truth the best thing that came of it is i am getting closer to Allah at my own pace with a clear peaculful mind and I love it:) thank you very much. I truly believe he is lacking as well and maybe someone taught him wrong but he has to be willing to learn and im afraid he is to stuck in his way to change his thought process

respecta
04-08-2017, 10:21 AM
THat's good you got hold off another mosque, I hope it goes well. you've done well so far mashaAllah just a little further

Muslimah inshal
04-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Yes thank you I hope to be on the same page with him but it seems as if we are in two different worlds I am seeking Islam for myself and so far it is really going well i really realise the just of my situation i felt kind of taken advantage of by my lack of knowledge but im very greatful im seeking the truth the best thing that came of it is i am getting closer to Allah at my own pace with a clear peaculful mind and I love it:) thank you very much. I truly believe he is lacking as well and maybe someone taught him wrong but he has to be willing to learn and im afraid he is to stuck in his way to change his thought process
Alhamdulillah ( All praises be to Allah ) sister . May Allah make this journey easy for you and for your child and make you strong Amiin ya rab

Peace:):)

Muslimah inshal
04-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Sister Findingmyway do you have a translation of the Qur'an ?

Findingmyway247
04-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Thank You!

Findingmyway247
04-08-2017, 12:50 PM
I have a regular Quran that im studying by SAHEEH International is this the same thing as

Muslimah inshal
04-08-2017, 01:06 PM
I have a regular Quran that im studying by SAHEEH International is this the same thing as
I told you because I asked for a copy of a Qur'an for free and they brought it to my home from uk to Spain in one week . If you want one then tell me and I'll post the link here inshallah
I don't know if it's the same . See other opinions inshallah

Findingmyway247
04-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Yes I would love that it will help me even more

Muslimah inshal
04-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Free Quraan - Home https://www.freequraan.org.uk/
That's the link and they will send you as well more information about Islam inshallah in your e-mail .

Muslimah inshal
04-08-2017, 08:00 PM
I wanted to send you a picture of the Qur'an but it doesn't allow me to.

Muslimah inshal
04-08-2017, 08:05 PM
I hope this tips can help you my sister . I always recommend this tips for revert sisters .
12 Tips for the Convert Muslim | Virtual Mosque http://www.virtualmosque.com/society...onvert-muslim/

azc
04-09-2017, 07:42 AM
glad to know of you. Plz feel free to ask any Q about Islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!