/* */

PDA

View Full Version : thinking of rhinoplasty

Islamic Soldier
04-06-2017, 10:20 PM
hello fellow muslims. salam alakum

i broke my nose when i was 14 in a bike accident. that was the time when i was growing up and since then my nose has been deformed.
and now i have the chance to go into rhinoplasty to fix it.
my nose looks quite terrible compared to my dads nose which mine was supposed to resemble
is it haram?
you gotta understand that this is one of the things that makes me very less confident.its always been there. makes me feel bad and insecure.for 8 years now.. it will never stop. ill never find peace until this is done. and maybe when this is done ill be fine with my other probem - the height.
i see this as a new start. thren i can be more focused on my self,cause i will feel better.
its in my face and i really want to resolve this problem once and for all. on the other hand im afraid Allah will not be happy with me..

what do u say?
thanks for you time!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm♥Layth
04-06-2017, 10:54 PM
I don't have any evidence, but I do remember that in the case of deformity, you can correct it with surgery. Keep in mind, you'll have to go to a very good surgeon so your nose looks okay and he doesn't make matters worse for you.

My cousin had a big hunch on his nose all his life and he fixed it as an adult. He looks totally different now, but I think he feels much more confident now. I wish you the best, insha'Allah.

Islamic Soldier
04-06-2017, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
I don't have any evidence, but I do remember that in the case of deformity, you can correct it with surgery. Keep in mind, you'll have to go to a very good surgeon so your nose looks okay and he doesn't make matters worse for you.

My cousin had a big hunch on his nose all his life and he fixed it as an adult. He looks totally different now, but I think he feels much more confident now. I wish you the best, insha'Allah.
Thats how i feel too! inshaAllah it will happen. i love you for the kind words! Allah bless

Simple_Person
04-07-2017, 03:05 AM
Correct it to the original thing but about the other things. Bro again ponder about what I am saying. To me it looks like one ticket to go towards zina and such. Being confident is often in your behavior not so much in your looks. Often you see the most "worldy ugly" people that have "beautiful" women on their sides. Why? All about feeling confident from within.

Go seclude your self a bit from society and ponder about life and things in general. You are too preoccupied by things going on in society. Detach of those pitiful things to see what everything is all about. There are brothers that care so much about how they look to feel handsome in the eyes of girls and Allah knows about their intention.

So far to me it looks like the last woman you are seeking to marry is the one that has religion on #1. Yet all you care about is how cute she is..the day comes when she hits her menopause I would want to see your look then when she is by worldy view "ugly". Zo go ponder a bit more as right now you are asking for destruction...learn from people that have gone before you and do not make the same mistakes they have made. Qur'an is also exactly just that..do not follow the same path people before you have gone. Learn from their lessons and stay away from those things that brought them destruction.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Islamic Soldier
04-07-2017, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Correct it to the original thing but about the other things. Bro again ponder about what I am saying. To me it looks like one ticket to go towards zina and such. Being confident is often in your behavior not so much in your looks. Often you see the most "worldy ugly" people that have "beautiful" women on their sides. Why? All about feeling confident from within.

Go seclude your self a bit from society and ponder about life and things in general. You are too preoccupied by things going on in society. Detach of those pitiful things to see what everything is all about. There are brothers that care so much about how they look to feel handsome in the eyes of girls and Allah knows about their intention.

So far to me it looks like the last woman you are seeking to marry is the one that has religion on #1. Yet all you care about is how cute she is..the day comes when she hits her menopause I would want to see your look then when she is by worldy view "ugly". Zo go ponder a bit more as right now you are asking for destruction...learn from people that have gone before you and do not make the same mistakes they have made. Qur'an is also exactly just that..do not follow the same path people before you have gone. Learn from their lessons and stay away from those things that brought them destruction.
WellZinahisnotmyintention.

And of course i want a cute girl! so i should hit a girl who is not cute just cause she s religious?
thats when zinah starts my friend

Islamic Soldier
04-07-2017, 01:11 PM

I
want someone who will be beautiful in my eyes. I want to fix the nose cause it has brough me pain and suffering and i want to feel good within.
its not all cause of women bro

Simple_Person
04-07-2017, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Soldier

And of course i want a cute girl! so i should hit a girl who is not cute just cause she s religious?
Who said your wife should not be beautiful. Everybody wants a spouse their eyes are pleased with. However so far based on your comments is mostly based on the outer beauty. From height to nose (this is permissible) to cuteness of the wife. I on purpose mentioned menopause that you may search it up if you didn't already know. Besides this I hoped you have pondered in general why my comment have been so fierce as there was a reason behind them. If you don't care it then nevermind and see my comments if I haven't even replied to your comments.

Islamic Soldier
04-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Who said your wife should not be beautiful. Everybody wants a spouse their eyes are pleased with. However so far based on your comments is mostly based on the outer beauty. From height to nose (this is permissible) to cuteness of the wife. I on purpose mentioned menopause that you may search it up if you didn't already know. Besides this I hoped you have pondered in general why my comment have been so fierce as there was a reason behind them. If you don't care it then nevermind and see my comments if I haven't even replied to your comments.
brother of course i mind your comments. you are my brother in islam even tho i dont know you. i know you wish good for me <3
May Allah bless you and me

sister herb
04-07-2017, 03:35 PM
If your nose causes to you physical harm and pain, you of course have to go to the surgery. Who knows, maybe at the older age it will cause more and more harm to you. There´s nothing bad as it can be seen as medical reason behind of it, not only as cosmetic surgery.

Islamic Soldier
04-07-2017, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
If your nose causes to you physical harm and pain, you of course have to go to the surgery. Who knows, maybe at the older age it will cause more and more harm to you. There´s nothing bad as it can be seen as medical reason behind of it, not only as cosmetic surgery.
kindafeelblocked
all the time and breathing quality is low. but i gotta be honest this is cosmetic purpose too. its quite bad comapred to how it was before the crash

Umm♥Layth
04-08-2017, 11:24 AM
Okay.... menopause is not to blame for lack of beauty. How about just saying "getting old"? Menopause doesn't mean women automatically get ugly or unattractive. I don't know where you got that idea, but there are beautiful older women, my grandmother kept her beauty well beyond menopause, even with white hair! She is now a very cute 80-something year old.

How we age depends on how we care for our health (physical and spiritual). Men get uglier much faster in my estimation LOL! Fat or scrawny and bald is the norm these days, sadly.

Physical attraction is truly only important to initiate the marriage because there is no bond or connection there yet; it is an incentive to marry. Yes, men are very visual and have a stronger desire than women, but ask a mature, older man who has been married for many years what is really important in marriage, and he won't say "that my wife is hot".

Attractiveness is usually only extremely important to unmarried/never been married young men and women and it is really overrated. People don't look beautiful when they wake up and have drool on their face and swollen eyes with hair all over the place. Their face doesn't appear so angelic when they stink up the bathroom and you have to go right after them :D it's the truth.

I'm not saying physical appearance doesn't play a role in a healthy relationship, but as you mature, you learn to find other things attractive, things you never though about at a young age.

I had to drop this in here because we tend to get hung up on that subject. If OP wants a nose job to correct a deformity, there is no issue. Confidence doesn't come from a nose job, it comes from within, from self acceptance. :)

M.I.A.
04-08-2017, 11:54 AM
you have to learn to be comfortable in your own skin. honesty people will look past many things.

..its the people that notice it that you have to be weary off.

even then some are good and some are bad.. polar bear.

...breaks the ice.

dont let anyone take away your self respect.. that you didnt know you had.

until it was gone.

..or become a boxer?

i got a bent up nose. i cant wear sunglasses.

Simple_Person
04-08-2017, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
Okay.... menopause is not to blame for lack of beauty. How about just saying "getting old"? Menopause doesn't mean women automatically get ugly or unattractive. I don't know where you got that idea, but there are beautiful older women, my grandmother kept her beauty well beyond menopause, even with white hair! She is now a very cute 80-something year old.

How we age depends on how we care for our health (physical and spiritual). Men get uglier much faster in my estimation LOL! Fat or scrawny and bald is the norm these days, sadly.

Physical attraction is truly only important to initiate the marriage because there is no bond or connection there yet; it is an incentive to marry. Yes, men are very visual and have a stronger desire than women, but ask a mature, older man who has been married for many years what is really important in marriage, and he won't say "that my wife is hot".

Attractiveness is usually only extremely important to unmarried/never been married young men and women and it is really overrated. People don't look beautiful when they wake up and have drool on their face and swollen eyes with hair all over the place. Their face doesn't appear so angelic when they stink up the bathroom and you have to go right after them :D it's the truth.

I'm not saying physical appearance doesn't play a role in a healthy relationship, but as you mature, you learn to find other things attractive, things you never though about at a young age.

I had to drop this in here because we tend to get hung up on that subject. If OP wants a nose job to correct a deformity, there is no issue. Confidence doesn't come from a nose job, it comes from within, from self acceptance. :)
Sister you have completely misunderstood in what way i have tried to bring the "ugliness" of women and menopause in the picture. My intention was for him to ponder about whole "beauty" concept. Like you said, it is something temporary as older men aren't the ones who are chasing beauty anymore. A "hot" wife to me is the one by her actions i fall more in love with her, as Allah makes her more beautiful in my eyes. So again, you have totally misunderstood my comment besides that please do reply to me instead of giving a comment in general and me later on seeing it is most probably directed to me.

Many brothers now a days chase the outer beauty as one of their soul intentions as they don't really have some grip on their sexual desires. Later on menopause hits women and they become very "ugly" in their eyes as their intention was outer beauty. Not her actions or her deen. I pity these brothers as many don't understand the concept of completion of the deen. A family member of mine married and after 8 months divorced her. His criteria for a woman to marry was:

- She must have her own income so she can do with her money as she want and she must have had a education.
- She must be a Muslim who wears hijab and all that stuff
- The other criteria that he did not mention, but i clearly saw was to have control over his sexual desires that way
- And last but not least that he did not say it but i clearly saw it myself, married because people around him were getting married and they were asking him when he is going to marry

In the end what happened? That girl was rather a culture-Muslim. Very arrogant according to him as she was higher educated than him and was belittling him in the company of guests and such. ....

Now he has been burdened with 400 gr of gold to pay while he had agreed first with 300 gr of gold, but the father of his ex-wife cheated him out of it. He wasn't aware of it, that the father made it as such that it came to a total of 400 gr of gold. Besides that the secular-court in a "majority" Muslim country has also applied secular law on to him to also pay the amount of certain possessions. In total the amount of $20.000 he has to pay. This is what you get for marrying without listening and obeying Rasullah's (saws) advice.

While the criteria i brought up for the one i wanted to marry was mostly according to the advice of Rasullah(saws). However they laughing at me and looking down on me as if i am a extremist. Another family member saying "so you want to marry a "tire" (because it is all black). i want a Muslimah that wears khimar or in that sense. In my own culture they look down on you if you say such a thing. This is the mentality of culture-Muslims now a days. However i say ALHAMDULILLAH that every person goes in to their OWN grave and they will have to answer only for their OWN actions.

*charisma*
04-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Walaikum Assalam

hello fellow muslims. salam alakum

i broke my nose when i was 14 in a bike accident. that was the time when i was growing up and since then my nose has been deformed.
and now i have the chance to go into rhinoplasty to fix it.
my nose looks quite terrible compared to my dads nose which mine was supposed to resemble
is it haram?
you gotta understand that this is one of the things that makes me very less confident.its always been there. makes me feel bad and insecure.for 8 years now.. it will never stop. ill never find peace until this is done. and maybe when this is done ill be fine with my other probem - the height.
i see this as a new start. thren i can be more focused on my self,cause i will feel better.
its in my face and i really want to resolve this problem once and for all. on the other hand im afraid Allah will not be happy with me..

what do u say?
thanks for you time!
You can go ahead and do the surgery because you have a deformity that would have otherwise not been there before. This fix could help your self-esteem as well and make you "stand taller" even if you don't like your height right now :D

If you are still having issues with your self-esteem afterwards, it would be necessary to learn to love yourself for the way you are. You may find later in life that some of the things you did not love about yourself can easily be loved by others. In the end it's about how you feel though, and feelings are a lot easier to change than physical appearances.

Islamic Soldier
04-08-2017, 03:20 PM
YOU ARE ALL AWESOME. I LOVE YOU PEOPLE <3 may Allahs blessings be upon you all :))))))))))))

Islamic Soldier
04-29-2017, 10:04 PM
brothers and sisters, since i got lots of attention with my issues here and elhamdulilah you are helping a lot
i wanted to ask you all for one more question
what do u think about rhinoplasty?
i want to fix my nose one of the reasons being for the look too
its something i strugle in the last 7 years and never truly lets me feel good about myself/
it has caused me so much psychological pain,and now its causding even more. now its the time to make a change?
do u think i will be cursed if i make my nose straigher and better looking than it is (keep in mind i had an accident which caused deformity )
please let me know what u think? i heard that people who change such stuff get cursed
im afraid i can cause Allahs anger on me, but on the other hand i dont want to do that, and on the other i want to see myself in relief so bad
it would help me start a new life inshaAllah :))))))))
let me kno this is the most serious topic i ever talked. no more talking bout me being sucidial.or talking bout mistakes i no longer do
focus on this. help mefind the way
i love you all <3

Bobbyflay23
04-30-2017, 04:01 AM
I have a jew nose everybody makes fun of me for it I just embrace it and say dooood look at my Jew nose before somebody could make a comment if it's causing you pain and it's meccary get the surgery but if your doing it just for looks then your modifying allahs creation and if maybe you broke your nose before and it's in a different spot but it healed I think it's permissible to fix it since your just bringing it back to its original form

Bobbyflay23
04-30-2017, 04:20 AM

It's okay to want a girl but your most likely not gonna get it all in one package I suggest looking for piety the most and keep looks at a tolerable level and how fat or chubby she is at a tolerable level like you don't need a extremely skinny girl a chubby one is ok but sure obese is too much same goes with looks she doesn't have to be the best looking lady just decent enough for you to admire her as a women because ounce she become 40+ years old when she doesn't have makeup on she's going to look like every single other older wife what I mean is all old people look very similar and same goes to baby's all baby's basically look very similar but what doesn't change is piety do you want to live with a women where you just scream at eachover and you make her cry and then she makes you extremely angry all the time do you want to threaten her saying I'm going to divorce you just to scare her seriously follow the prophets sunnah saw when picking a spouse and what u said makes no sense "that's when zinah starts my friend" ok so zina is going to start between the two religious people who married eachover not because of looks but because of allah are going to end up committing zina before there nikah but on the other hand the two people who marry just out of extreme lust for each other's body's are not gonna commit zina before marriage this makes no sense sure I myself also have feelings for the opposite gender if a really good looking girl hits on me I'm going to feel attracted obviously but I'm not gonna marry a girl unless she is pious and wears a hijab and everything follow the sunnah for marrying you should do the same because marriages that arnt based by charcter and conduct and just by lust don't work and by lust I don't mean love because love keeps the realtionship going by lust I mean fake love the type of love that you only love her because of her physical looks and you just want to use her because of this now piety keeps a good realtionship and then the love serves is the connection and bond between the two both are good but two much of one is bad like if for example two get married but never have sex because they want to maintain modesty this is too is a extremity there needs to be a perfect balance of love and friendship and like a real realtionship

Bobbyflay23
04-30-2017, 04:31 AM
kindafeelblocked
all the time and breathing quality is low. but i gotta be honest this is cosmetic purpose too. its quite bad comapred to how it was before the crash
"Before the crash" your nose used to be different and is making you have a hard time breathing your just restoring it to how allah gave you the nose you must restore it to its orginal condition but not a different condition then the old one sure it's for cosmetic purposes too but you have all the reason to

Islamic Soldier
05-03-2017, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
"Before the crash" your nose used to be different and is making you have a hard time breathing your just restoring it to how allah gave you the nose you must restore it to its orginal condition but not a different condition then the old one sure it's for cosmetic purposes too but you have all the reason to
great words brother .inshaAllah im going into a surgery soon inshaAllah
anyone else has any opinion to give me?

cinnamonrolls1
05-04-2017, 07:37 PM
If its just for looks alone then no, you are Allah swt's creation, however if its for health reasons or its stopping you from achieving something then it can be done i think

Bobbyflay23
05-05-2017, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
If its just for looks alone then no, you are Allah swt's creation, however if its for health reasons or its stopping you from achieving something then it can be done i think
Even if it's just for looks it's ok because imagine what if you got your dumb cut off but they offered you a way to get it back and by this time you allready have a prosthetic fumb do you really think that allah is going to punish him for regrowing his fumb it's the same thing because he's having a hard time breathing so weather it's to look good or not it would be halal allah won't punish you for fixing your damaged body if you have the chance to

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.