/* */

PDA

View Full Version : For people living in non Muslim countries: If you had the chance would you move to a

Zeal
04-07-2017, 07:29 AM
For people living in non Muslim countries: If you had the chance would you move to a muslim country and where

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
04-07-2017, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
For people living in non Muslim countries: If you had the chance would you move to a muslim country and where
can Muslim countries accept them...?

Zeal
04-07-2017, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
can Muslim countries accept them...?
Why not assuming you have decent qualifications

sister herb
04-07-2017, 12:49 PM
No, I wouldn´t move to anywhere. At home feel like home. :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
respecta
04-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Personally I like Qatar / U.A.E due to the good family life, but not sure about much Islamic stuff there. If for Islamic stuff then Saudi or Egypt or even Morocco

aaj
04-07-2017, 01:11 PM
In a heart beat. No place like home.

Aaqib
04-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Of course--- Sri Lanka!

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 06:44 PM
I don't think Morocco is a good country for practising Islam , honestly and I was born there . I would prefer practising Islam in a non Muslim country .
Morocco now is banning niqabs from stores cause they think it's not safe to wear a niqab . La hawla wala quwata illa billah wa hasbuna allahu wa ni'ma al wakil and then one day allahu a'alam they will say Islam is not welcomed .

May Allah protect the Muslim ummah

Sho Islam
04-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Sorry I have to answer this question with a question.

Why?

If it's for seeking a better quality of life (e.g. easier to own a home, potential higher salary in certain countries) then maybe...

If it's about trying to go to a country that will help me to practise my deen better than probably not as, as from what I have seen of the few Muslims countries I have lived in and visited previously, I have found many people unfortunately take their Islam for granted, they just see it as a cultural thing and haven't put much thought in it.

Having said that, some of the best practising Muslims I've met have been in Muslim countries!

anatolian
04-07-2017, 06:52 PM
We must define the "Muslim country" at first :)

Is there any Muslim country today? If, which are?

azc
04-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Why not assuming you have decent qualifications
if every Muslim wants to settle in a Muslim country, then.?

azc
04-07-2017, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
No, I wouldn´t move to anywhere. At home feel like home. :statisfie
and also practically it is not possible

azc
04-07-2017, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
Of course--- Sri Lanka!
but Sri lanka isn't a Muslim country. Do you live there.?

azc
04-07-2017, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
I don't think Morocco is a good country for practising Islam , honestly and I was born there . I would prefer practising Islam in a non Muslim country . Morocco now is banning niqabs from stores cause they think it's not safe to wear a niqab . La hawla wala quwata illa billah wa hasbuna allahu wa ni'ma al wakil and then one day allahu a'alam they will say Islam is not welcomed .May Allah protect the Muslim ummah
ameen. So Morocco isn't a good place to live in..?

azc
04-07-2017, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sho Islam
Sorry I have to answer this question with a question.Why?If it's for seeking a better quality of life (e.g. easier to own a home, potential higher salary in certain countries) then maybe...If it's about trying to go to a country that will help me to practise my deen better than probably not as, as from what I have seen of the few Muslims countries I have lived in and visited previously, I have found many people unfortunately take their Islam for granted, they just see it as a cultural thing and haven't put much thought in it.Having said that, some of the best practising Muslims I've met have been in Muslim countries!
but it can't be applied on every Muslim country

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
We must define the "Muslim country" at first :)

Is there any Muslim country today? If, which are?
Maybe Malaysia , Indonesia ?

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 07:15 PM
ameen. So Morocco isn't a good place to live in..?
In my opinion i don't think it's a good place to practice Islam . You will find practicing muslims there but just few of them . They are very cultural . And there is fitna .

When I go there on holidays I don't feel motivated to practice deen as I would do in a non Muslim country .
Maybe you will find it a good place just for HOLIDAYS but living there nope .

That's my opinion. Maybe there will be people who will say Morocco is a good place .

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 07:16 PM
Maybe Malaysia , Indonesia ?
If I'm not mistaken there is Sharia Law in Malaysia.

Simple_Person
04-07-2017, 07:20 PM
I was planning to and Allah knew my intention. However people there Islam +1, imaan -1. Although everybody is living their live, however back there people don't leave you alone. I was there on vacation and on Friday they still did not go to khutbah instead went to work on the land because they were free that day. Majority of the people there, they care MORE about what people think of them, instead of what Allah might think of them. So ALHAMDULILLAH Allah made visible the eye of the needle which is best to stay in a western country instead.

You can live your own live, adapt to Islamic principles as much as possible, choose the people you want to hangout with or not hangout with. While there often family encircles you and forces you to join them in their pass time. After isha going out somewhere drinking tea sitting somewhere, or having visitors after isha-prayer often or you yourself have to join them and visit people after isha prayer. Or keep on eating, while you want to eat less..or male/female mixing ...or all the gossiping ..or useless talk in general. ALHAMDULILLAH that Allah has given many of us the choice to stay in the west or migrate to there.

azc
04-07-2017, 07:30 PM
In my opinion i don't think it's a good place to practice Islam . You will find practicing muslims there but just few of them . They are very cultural . And there is fitna .When I go there on holidays I don't feel motivated to practice deen as I would do in a non Muslim country .Maybe you will find it a good place just for HOLIDAYS but living there nope . That's my opinion. Maybe there will be people who will say Morocco is a good place .
I think several other countries are also like Morocco where Ambience of Muslim society is influenced by western culture.

Scimitar
04-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Medinah, in sha Allah.

Scimi

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
I was planning to and Allah knew my intention. However people there Islam +1, imaan -1. Although everybody is living their live, however back there people don't leave you alone. I was there on vacation and on Friday they still did not go to khutbah instead went to work on the land because they were free that day. Majority of the people there, they care MORE about what people think of them, instead of what Allah might think of them. So ALHAMDULILLAH Allah made visible the eye of the needle which is best to stay in a western country instead.

You can live your own live, adapt to Islamic principles as much as possible, choose the people you want to hangout with or not hangout with. While there often family encircles you and forces you to join them in their pass time. After isha going out somewhere drinking tea sitting somewhere, or having visitors after isha-prayer often or you yourself have to join them and visit people after isha prayer. Or keep on eating, while you want to eat less..or male/female mixing ...or all the gossiping ..or useless talk in general. ALHAMDULILLAH that Allah has given many of us the choice to stay in the west or migrate to there.
Perfectly said . I really agree . Specially they gossip a lot and they look at your appearance more than deen . They are really wellcoming but i wouldn't choose it as a place for me to live .

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 07:47 PM
I think several other countries are also like Morocco where Ambience of Muslim society is influenced by western culture.
Yeah true

Zeal
04-07-2017, 08:02 PM

Alhamdulillah

Interesting observations

Perfectly said . I really agree . Specially they gossip a lot and they look at your appearance more than deen . They are really wellcoming but i wouldn't choose it as a place for me to live .
Isn't that stereotyping there's always some good places and bad places wherever you go. And don't forget in non-muslim countries you live amongst the kuffar and where are there limits?? You just have to find good company imo

Zeal
04-07-2017, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Medinah, in sha Allah.

Scimi
Inshallah have you made plans??

I would love to but the only problem is you can't get citizenship if you are a non-arab

Zeal
04-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Do you think that it's like a non-muslim country just with more muslims?

azc
04-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Do you think that it's like a non-muslim country just with more muslims?
not fully though but they don't follow Islam as they should.

sister herb
04-07-2017, 08:30 PM
and also practically it is not possible
Sorry I didn´t understand your meaning. What´s not possible? Feeling as home when I am at home? O_o

noraina
04-07-2017, 08:35 PM
I once thought that Muslim countries were a spiritual oasis from materialism and secularism. That's not necessarily true.

And while I would love to travel through Muslim countries, I always consider England as my home. I was born here, I've spent my entire life here and I think I'm so fortunate compared to many of our brothers and sisters all over the world because I can practise Islam fully and completely where I live alhamdulillah.

I admit there are times I've questioned just how much I 'belong', but I've been to the Muslim country my parents are from and while it was a wonderful experience, I still felt and was treated a little like a 'tourist'. And in a way I feel that being in a non-Muslim country has strengthened my deen in a way very differently from if I had always been in an 'Islamic' environment.

noraina
04-07-2017, 08:46 PM
And it's an unique experience - I take so many people aback when they see a Muslim woman dressed in black from head to toe and yet she speaks with a very strong, very 'British', Black country accent :D It's refreshing breaking their stereotypes.

Aaqib
04-07-2017, 09:46 PM
but Sri lanka isn't a Muslim country. Do you live there.?
Well in my area in Sri Lanka is predominately muslim and you can hear the adhan and the mosque is nearby :D

And no, but Inshaallah I'm planning on going there in 2018

Sho Islam
04-07-2017, 09:49 PM
but it can't be applied on every Muslim country
You are right.

I am only talking from my own personal experience, I'm sure others experience in this is different from my own.

*charisma*
04-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I've lived in both..and there are pros and cons to each. They can't really be generalized.

I've realized that living in a western country amongst no Muslims is different than living in a western country with a larger muslim community.
Also, living in a muslim country which has a lot of haram elements (eg. UAE) is different than living in a muslim country that has a lot less (eg.KSA).
Living in a Muslim country where people are poor, is different than living in a muslim country where people are rich.
Living in a western country where people don't know much about Islam, is different than living in a western country where they think they know.

But honestly though, I love hearing the adhan, and nothing compares to that. You also have to remember, your Islam must be with you no matter where you are on Allah's earth.

crookedrib
04-08-2017, 01:10 AM
Yeah definitely. I prefer Madinah SA but I'm good as long as there's a good muslim community on the correct manhaj. We need to understand that the kuffaar will never accept us as practicing Muslims.

Simple_Person
04-08-2017, 06:52 AM
At first, i was disappointed because my whole dream of having a "Islamic" way of life shattered, but then i pondered about the whole thing that Allah was trying to teach me. ALHAMDULILLAH!! I mean here in the west when we have fellow Muslims brothers and sisters who are reverts, those are my REAL brothers and sisters. Not because like me they also have done their research and CHOSEN Islam, no, these brothers and sisters are practicing in the sense of knowing and understanding what they have chosen. here in the west we still have culture-Muslims. I keep a big distance from them.

Another BIG observation i made was that when you live in the west you FORCE to have a good character. Sooner or later, it becomes a part of you. Whenever i see people of other faiths, i greet them with a smile. I have a chat now and then without knowing them. Strangely this behavior is very unknown to me, while in the best i only greeted people, but now i automatically start a friendly chat about all kind of things. It more looks like that many of us are living the life of Musa(as). We grow up among the evil(ie. lack of morality, disobedience etc. etc.) it self and thus become aware what is going on and how the people who claim they come in peace also see if it is true or not. Also many people of other faiths being so genuine despite them being atheist for example, we can connect and the level of human understanding of things happening in society.

So i have seen many blessings in the west if you ask me, MORE than we can find in the Muslim majority countries. I see it as the eye of the tornado. Destruction all around us, but in the center of the tornado is all peace and calmness.

Zeal
04-08-2017, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I once thought that Muslim countries were a spiritual oasis from materialism and secularism. That's not necessarily true.

And while I would love to travel through Muslim countries, I always consider England as my home. I was born here, I've spent my entire life here and I think I'm so fortunate compared to many of our brothers and sisters all over the world because I can practise Islam fully and completely where I live alhamdulillah.

I admit there are times I've questioned just how much I 'belong', but I've been to the Muslim country my parents are from and while it was a wonderful experience, I still felt and was treated a little like a 'tourist'. And in a way I feel that being in a non-Muslim country has strengthened my deen in a way very differently from if I had always been in an 'Islamic' environment.
Alhamdulillah, that's great if you feel like you can practise Islam fully. We have a nice practising community here in London but I have found that it's close to impossible to find a decent job that has no free-mixing and doesn't contain any haram. So yeah I don't wanna say I will defo move out in case I change my mind but I want to

noraina
04-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Alhamdulillah, that's great if you feel like you can practise Islam fully. We have a nice practising community here in London but I have found that it's close to impossible to find a decent job that has no free-mixing and doesn't contain any haram. So yeah I don't wanna say I will defo move out in case I change my mind but I want to
My chosen career path will mean that in'sha'Allah I'll be more or less self-employed, so I'm quite happy to stay where I am as long as things stay like this.

May Allah swt make it easy for you to find halal provision, ameen.

Serinity
04-08-2017, 04:17 PM
:salam:

Many mix / confuse culture with Islam, and if I had the opportunity, I'd go Medinah.

Allahu alam.

Muslimah inshal
04-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Assalamu Alaikum !!
This question has just came to my mind . The question is : did mohammad saw told us not to live in non Muslim countries more than 3 days?
Is it true ?

Mustafa16
04-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, or Tunisia. Both are considered free countries by human rights groups.

cinnamonrolls1
05-14-2017, 09:57 AM
I don't think Morocco is a good country for practising Islam , honestly and I was born there . I would prefer practising Islam in a non Muslim country .
Morocco now is banning niqabs from stores cause they think it's not safe to wear a niqab . La hawla wala quwata illa billah wa hasbuna allahu wa ni'ma al wakil and then one day allahu a'alam they will say Islam is not welcomed .

May Allah protect the Muslim ummah
Yep same here, I love Morocco and all, but i mean in terms of being Islamic, from what i've seen its maybe not the best.

cinnamonrolls1
05-14-2017, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Yep same here, I love Morocco and all, but i mean in terms of being Islamic, from what i've seen its maybe not the best.
And the niqab banning is ridiculous! If it truly was a muslim country, they wouldnt be not allowing our niqabi sisters to wear niqab in shops!

cinnamonrolls1
05-14-2017, 10:07 AM
to clarify; i am moroccan lol

Simple_Person
05-14-2017, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
And the niqab banning is ridiculous! If it truly was a muslim country, they wouldnt be not allowing our niqabi sisters to wear niqab in shops!
Each day i look at the world, i more understand why Allah said

"Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience. This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." Quran 5:3

That bold part is being more and more important and clearing up how necessary for practicing Muslims to stick to Qur'an and Sunnah. When things become unbearable, the TRUE Muslims will stick to it and the hypocrites will leave and dajjal being just on time to pick them up and let them follow him.

cinnamonrolls1
05-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Each day i look at the world, i more understand why Allah said

"Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience. This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." Quran 5:3

That bold part is being more and more important and clearing up how necessary for practicing Muslims to stick to Qur'an and Sunnah. When things become unbearable, the TRUE Muslims will stick to it and the hypocrites will leave and dajjal being just on time to pick them up and let them follow him.
100% agree

Bobbyflay23
05-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Yea I wish I was born in medina or in the city of Makkah that's stereotypical though considering every Muslim would say that but I mean most the Muslims are there so why not over here I'm surrounded by people who live there by life by money

Samiul123
05-15-2017, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I wish to live close to Mecca or Medina too inshallah some time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.