/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to help non practicing muslims ?

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 12:58 PM
How to help your Muslim friends if they don't practice Islam as it should be. For example , sometimes when I talk to them about Islam they seem not to like it . And they try to change to another subject so that I don't tell them about Islam .
What can I do because it really hurts me when I see myself rejected and not welcomed to tell them about Islam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
respecta
04-07-2017, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
How to help your Muslim friends if they don't practice Islam as it should be. For example , sometimes when I talk to them about Islam they seem not to like it . And they try to change to another subject so that I don't tell them about Islam .
What can I do because it really hurts me when I see myself rejected and not welcomed to tell them about Islam
Sometimes just through your actions people change.
Encourage them to do small good deeds, so maybe organise a charity collection for e.g. orphans, and tell them the reward of giving charity and helping orphans. Or even something like picking up litter from the streets, or helping elderly in your spare time all voluntary work.

Slowly encourage them to start praying etc.

aaj
04-07-2017, 01:10 PM
:salam:

depends on how close you are to them. If you are close friends then be blunt with them and tell them you see them trying to avoid the topic but they better listen up because chasing duniya won't get them anywhere and akhira is just around the corner.

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Jazakumu Allahu Khairan !!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
04-07-2017, 02:40 PM
the answer is in the Qur'an:

Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.

Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment. (Qur'an, 2:6-7)

You're wasting your time.

Find people who ask the right questions but have no answer. Teach them instead.

Scimi

EDIT:

Just noticed this thread is about Muslims who do not practice Islam. Sorry, the ayahs i posted were in relation to non believers.

Scimi

Muslimah inshal
04-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Jazakumu Allahu Khairan !!
No problem . Jazaka allahu Khairan

Serinity
04-07-2017, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
the answer is in the Qur'an:

Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.

Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment. (Qur'an, 2:6-7)

You're wasting your time.

Find people who ask the right questions but have no answer. Teach them instead.

Scimi

EDIT:

Just noticed this thread is about Muslims who do not practice Islam. Sorry, the ayahs i posted were in relation to non believers.

Scimi
Idk but I fear these ayaats.. but I also fond reassurance in that the ayaat makes me realise to not grieve over those who disbelieve, or reason with them needlessly.

Allahu alam

Zeal
04-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Be patient

Ahh sometimes it can be so frustrating watching your friends not listening to what you have told them especially when you see them progress and then suddenly go back to their ways. Just remember for some its a rough process with many humps and bumps and if you forcefully take them through to the finish you'd break them rather it's best to be the helping hand they need.

And in the end it is Allah that guides the hearts

Disclaimer: My dawah skills are not great

Scimitar
04-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Dawah is as good as the person you are giving it to in my honest opinion - you got skills if you are willing to do it - that's it.

Having said this, I've found that if you are attempting to give dawah to someone who has genuinely done their homework - then you should be prepared to discuss the issues in detail with knowledge - and not just preach

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.