/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you spend your money on poor.?

azc
04-07-2017, 07:35 PM
In this age we are too busy to see the people if they need our help with money... What about you..?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
04-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Why would I tell anyone what I spend or don't spend on the poor? When my left hand doesn't know what my right hand gives? lol

Scimi

azc
04-07-2017, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Why would I tell anyone what I spend or don't spend on the poor? When my left hand doesn't know what my right hand gives? lolScimi
i don't intend to know your secret bro. I just want to remind if we do or don't

Scimitar
04-07-2017, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
i don't intend to know your secret bro. I just want to remind if we do or don't
I see,

then remind, don't ask :)

Tell them the benefits of charity, and how it more then compensates for your sins, it also increases you in wealth, not just in this life - but the next.

Show them examples of charity which inspire :)

Such as - well - I'm sure you can find more than a few good examples in sha Allah.

Infect them, so when they read - they feel like the change in their pockets is not theirs - but just a loan given them by Allah to test how they will spend it :)

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
04-07-2017, 09:08 PM
@Scimitar : good suggestion. Thanks

azc
04-08-2017, 03:33 AM
Prior to the advent of Islam, the pagan Arabs used to disregard the poor, they would look down on them, and could care less about them; the poor people were basically an insignificant portion of society that did not matter. However so, withthe Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him)that all changed, the Muslims were now obliged to look after the poor, and were required to spend of their wealth to help the poor out. For instance theProphet Muhammad (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) taught the following:Narrated Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him):Allah's Apostle(peace & blessings of Allah be upon him)said,"Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."[Sahih Al-Bukhari] Volume 7, Book 64, Number 264

azc
04-08-2017, 03:34 AM
Narrated Hakim bin Hizam(may Allah be pleased with him):The Prophet (peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) said,"The upper hand is better than the lower hand (i.e. he who gives in charity is better than him who takes it). One should start giving first to his dependents. And the best object of charity is that which is given by a wealthy person (from the money which is left after his expenses). And whoever abstains from asking others for some financial help, Allah will give him and save him from asking others, Allah will make him self-sufficient."[Sahih Al-Bukhari] Volume 2, Book 24, Number 508:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.