/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Our Final Words

Finding MEMO
04-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Excellent Reminder:

A lot of us Muslims think it will be SO EASY to say the Shahadah at the time of our death. So many of us think it will be a PIECE OF CAKE.

Let’s test ourselves…

When you fall down or trip what comes out of your mouth?
When you drop something & it breaks what do you say?
When your child spills all their food on the carpet, what do you say?
When someone overtakes you or cuts across your way, what do you say?
When someone takes your parking spot?

*Do you say ‘Bismillah", “Astaghfirullah’, ‘Allahu Akbar’, ‘La ilaha ill Allah”, ‘Subhan Allah’ or maybe... ‘Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilayhi Raaji’oon’?*

OR

Do you say “Whoops” “Oh Sugar”, ‘Damn’, “S**t” etc?
Do you start swearing uncontrollably?
Do you use a foul word? Or resort to curses?

So in this Dunya while we are 100% awake & alert we cannot control our tongue, the first thing that rolls of our tongue is a SWEAR word?

WHAT MAKES US THINK WE WILL SAY THE SHAHADA WHILE WE ARE AT OUR DEATH? TAKING OUR FINAL BREATHS, SEEING THE ANGEL OF DEATH?

Set a good example. Every time something happens, make sure the words of Allah roll off our tongue. If we swear or curse in front of our children, they will also imitate us. So set a good example for our children as well
إن شاء الله

May Allah grant us all the ability to die with the Shahada on our lips.

AmeenAttachment 6101

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimah inshal
04-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Amiin ya rab !!

Finding MEMO
04-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Attachment 6102Attachment 6103

Finding MEMO
04-09-2017, 11:20 AM
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I've been practicing this and I have to say .. it's hard!!!

The words are easy and the affirmation is Subhan'Allah great BUT I need to program myself to be in a better HABIT. So that these words role off my tongue effortlessly - especially in that crucial moment when it is my duty.

In the mean time just registering this message is so humbling for the soul.
I would encourage each of you to do the same so that we never forget this Fard.
Please encourage others too!

Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimah inshal
04-09-2017, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Finding MEMO
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I've been practicing this and I have to say .. it's hard!!!

The words are easy and the affirmation is Subhan'Allah great BUT I need to program myself to be in a better HABIT. So that these words role off my tongue especially in that crucial moment when it is my duty.

In the mean time just registering this message is so humbling for the soul.
I would encourage each of you to do the same so that we never forget this Fard.
Please encourage others too!

Ameen
Jazaki Allahu Khairan my sister for the reminder

azc
04-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Excellent Reminder:A lot of us Muslims think it will be SO EASY to say the Shahadah when we die. So many of us think it will be a PIECE OF CAKE. Let’s test ourselves…When you fall down or trip what comes out of your mouth?When you drop something & it breaks what do you say? When your child spills all their food on the carpet, what do you say?When someone overtakes you or cuts across your way, what do you say?When someone takes your parking spot?*Do you say ‘Bismillah", “Astaghfirullah’, ‘Allahu Akbar’, ‘La ilaha ill Allah”, ‘Subhan Allah’ or maybe... ‘Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilayhi Raaji’oon’?*ORDo you say “Whoops” “Oh Sugar”, ‘Damn’, “S**t” etc?Do you start swearing uncontrollably? Do you use a foul word? Or resort to curses?So in this Dunya while we are 100% awake & alert we cannot control our tongue, the first thing that rolls of our tongue is a SWEAR word?WHAT MAKES US THINK WE WILL SAY THE SHAHADA WHILE WE ARE AT OUR DEATH? TAKING OUR FINAL BREATHS, SEEING THE ANGEL OF DEATH?Set a good example. Every time something happens, make sure the words of Allah roll off our tongue. If we swear or curse in front of our children, they will also imitate us. So set a good example for our children as well إن شاء الله May Allah grant us all the ability to die with the Shahada on our lips.AmeenAttachment 6101
a beautiful reminder :jz:

Finding MEMO
04-11-2017, 12:34 AM
Live this life constantly striving to perfect the next destination.

Let's not deprive ourselves from the perfect ending, from our blessed eternal Akhirah.

Finding MEMO
04-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
Peace & Greetings to you all.

Thank you for looking at this thread or because I've tagged you [emoji6].
@Muslimah inshal , @noraina , @Zeal , @Eric H , @Scimitar , @Sakina'17 , @beleiver , @SemiraE , @Umm Abed , @Islamic Soldier , @halla lover, @azc , @nk1997 , @Umm Malik , @Umm Abdulaziz , @aminah996 ,

I am researching the subject of positive affirmations for my own curiosity and would really appreciate it if you could answer the following question?

What words generally (honestly) rolls off your tongue without thinking in both a good & bad situation?

Jazak'Allahu Khairan Khateeran
(May Allah reward you with good in abundance)

Umm Malik
04-11-2017, 11:23 PM
For example ??
Do you mean when something happen suddenly?

Finding MEMO
04-11-2017, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Malik
For example ??
Do you mean when something happen suddenly?
Yes.. this is me:

Good situation: MashAllah!
Bad situation: oh crap...

actually when I'm scared I say Bismilla, Bismilla... then I close my eyes & remember I'm driving ☺

Islamic Soldier
04-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

@Muslimah inshal, @noraina, @Zeal, @Eric H, @Scimitar, @Sakina'17, @beleiver, @SemiraE, @Umm Abed, @Islamic Soldier, @hallalover, @nk1997, @Umm Malik, @Umm Abdulaziz, @aminah996,

I am researching the subject of positive affirmations for my own curiosity and would really appreciate it if you could answer the following question?

What words generally (honestly) rolls off your tongue without thinking in both a good & bad situation?

Goodthings"
Elhamdulilah.. wooh awesome, praise the Lord, thanks God
bad things " AHHHHHHH ----, WHYYYYY GOD :( ,noo..

Umm Malik
04-11-2017, 11:32 PM
I have a lot of words because of the place where I live ... I don't know if you have this there
For example
Yarabi or ya Allah
Sometimes LA hawla WA LA kuwata Illa billah, Those two I say them a lot
Sometimes I say my dear mother!
Or my dear father rarely
In bad situation :hasbiyya lahu WA niema lwakil or lahwla wala kuwata illah billah or yarabbi or Inna lillah WA Inna ilayhi rajioun if it's so hard thing for me
That's all

beleiver
04-12-2017, 12:32 AM
I read one of your threads @Finding MEMO on this the other day and it did get me thinking..Edit, it was this same thread..

I am not a Muslim but like to think of my self as a spiritual person that understands the power of words and the frequency they give out, I am ashamed to say when s**t happens i do generally use foul words, except when driving when i might ask God to bless the driver with better vision before he/she kills some one, i never let myself get stressed when driving, if i can help it, God love em, is one i like I picked up of my OH..

When things go right..Thank you God, Hallelujah, yee haar, yippee and more often than not, thank f**k for that:embarrass
I must be honest with my self, I do need to work on this..
I have found my self lately saying Alhamdulillah a good bit though. I like the way it sounds..

So it is true that one has to say Shahada as their final words to enter paradise? where does this idea come from, i am relatively new to study of Islam, where does it say this?

Finding MEMO
04-12-2017, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by beleiver
I read one of your threads @Finding MEMO on this the other day and it did get me thinking..Edit, it was this same thread..

I am not a Muslim but like to think of my self as a spiritual person that understands the power of words and the frequency they give out, I am ashamed to say when s**t happens i do generally use foul words, except when driving when i might ask God to bless the driver with better vision before he/she kills some one, i never let myself get stressed when driving, if i can help it, God love em, is one i like I picked up of my OH..

When things go right..Thank you God, Hallelujah, yee haar, yippee and more often than not, thank f**k for that:embarrass
I must be honest with my self, I do need to work on this..
I have found my self lately saying Alhamdulillah a good bit though. I like the way it sounds..

So it is true that one has to say Shahada as their final words to enter paradise? where does this idea come from, i am relatively new to study of Islam, where does it say this?

Great question brother, I will try my best to answer this adequately. Any mistakes or incorrect information are mine alone so please forgive me. I hope the following helps:

All practicing Muslims are obliged to follow the ‘Five Pillars.’ They are:

1. Muslim profession of faith or 'Shahada'.

2. Ritual Prayer or 'Salah'.

3. Obligatory Charity or 'Zakah / Zakat'.

4. Fasting or 'Sawm'.

5. Pilgrimage or 'Hajj'.

The First Pillar:
Muslim Profession of Faith/The Shahada

The word 'shahada' in Arabic means ‘testimony.’ The shahada is to testify to two things:

(a) Nothing deserves worship except God (Allah).

(b) Muhammad is the Messenger of God (Allah).

A Muslim is simply one who bears witness and testifies that "nothing deserves worship except God and Muhammad is the messenger of God." One becomes a Muslim by making this simple declaration.

It must be recited by every Muslim at least once in a lifetime with a full understanding of its meaning and with an assent of the heart. Muslims say this when they wake up in the morning, and before they go to sleep at night. It is repeated five times in the call to prayer in every mosque. A person who utters the shahada as their last words in this life has been promised Paradise.

I will In Shaa Allah get back to you with reference from the Quran. Where this promise is mentioned.

Finding MEMO
04-12-2017, 01:00 AM
I am trying to 'brain train'.. basically trying to reassess my own personal habits and to challenge myself to make better affirmations on a daily basis.
In Shaa Allah (God willing).

Currently, sadly when bad situations occur the words 'AstaghfurAllah' (I seek forgiveness from Allah) are far far down the list.
I too have to work on this [emoji85]

azc
04-12-2017, 07:03 AM
Depends on situations........

Muslimah inshal
04-12-2017, 07:07 AM
Assalamu alaikum !!

In my case , when something bad happens I say YA rabbi al 'alamiin !
Or no please !
Or inshallah Khair ( i tend to say this before a good or bad thing happens or I don't know what will happen ) .
Or alhamdulillah 'ala kulli Hal .
Or i say OH MY MOTHER ( here it's very used expression ) .

When something good happens :
Alhamdulillah or allahu akbar or subhanallah .

noraina
04-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

This is so true subhanAllah, at the time of our death we will say what is in our hearts...and ameen to your beautiful dua.

I've been training myself for some time to watch what I say. I think it's helped my mother just cannot *stand* swearing so when I was younger I always feared the dreadful consequences of doing it :D. I've never heard her swear ma'sha'Allah.

Mostly now my automatic response to something unexpected is 'Bismillah!', but now and then I do slip up, like when I stub my toe or burn myself in the kitchen - and I need to correct that.

May Allah swt guide us all to beautify our speech in the best of ways. Ameen.

noraina
04-12-2017, 02:22 PM
And I'm in the habit whenever I hear someone I know swear I say 'Language, please.....'.

According to my cousins I'm worse than our grandma, lol.

Grandad
04-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Good thing: Excellent!

Bad thing: Piffle! (but hardly ever spelt that way).

Finding MEMO
04-12-2017, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad
Good thing: Excellent!

Bad thing: Piffle! (but hardly ever spelt that way).
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazak'Allahu Khairan Khateeran for responding.

You don't automatically say anything else when things suddenly go wrong?

Grandad
04-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazak'Allahu Khairan Khateeran for responding.

You don't automatically say anything else when things suddenly go wrong?
Wa Alaikum-as-Salamu.

Errrrrr....mmmmm.......possibly :embarrass

Finding MEMO
04-12-2017, 06:05 PM
[emoji1360] :)

Scimitar
04-12-2017, 06:20 PM
... then I close my eyes & remember I'm driving ☺
Is that before, or after you hit the wall? :D

Scimi

Finding MEMO
04-12-2017, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Is that before, or after you hit the wall? :D

Scimi
You could answer that... :)

Our responses affect our state of mind.
Right?

Scimitar
04-12-2017, 06:31 PM
Our eyesight also affects our reaction time ;)

Scimi

Zeal
04-12-2017, 08:59 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

@Muslimah inshal, @noraina, @Zeal, @Eric H, @Scimitar, @Sakina'17, @beleiver, @SemiraE, @Umm Abed, @Islamic Soldier, @hallalover, @azc, @nk1997, @Umm Malik, @Umm Abdulaziz, @aminah996,

For good things I say things like alhamdulillah allahuakbar or yess
For when calamity strikes the response can vary but alhamdulillah I don't really swear but sometimes I scream for my mum - Ammmaaaaaaaaaa!!

Finding MEMO
04-12-2017, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by praisetoallah
I should think at the time of death speaking at all would be hard if not impossible
This is exactly the point..
Soo if we are in habit of drumming out certain words/prayers.. surely the Shahada will come to us naturally when we need it the most?

Finding MEMO
04-12-2017, 10:55 PM

Scimi
Let's be grateful to Allah swt - for blessing us with this life or in your case... sparing it!

Like I said.. Bismillah! Bismillah!

Scimitar
04-13-2017, 01:36 AM
Let's be grateful to Allah swt - for blessing us with this life or in your case... sparing it!

Like I said.. Bismillah! Bismillah!

It helps being driven around in a tank :D

Grandad
04-13-2017, 07:12 AM

Scimi
Age doesn't help much, either. :facepalm:

beleiver
04-14-2017, 09:19 AM
I was thinking, when something goes wrong, most of the time its my own stupid fault or all of the time indirectly my own fault, rather than curse it would be better to say 'god forgive me' or even 'thank you god for teaching me this lesson' Or ' thank you God for your guidance sorry i didn't listen' or 'please god increase my guidance' or ' please God protect me from my own stupidity'

Are there any Arabic phrases that fit this context?

jameelash
04-16-2017, 06:16 PM
Jazakulkah for sharing.a good reminder

Finding MEMO
04-16-2017, 08:38 PM
I was thinking, when something goes wrong, most of the time its my own stupid fault or all of the time indirectly my own fault, rather than curse it would be better to say 'god forgive me' or even 'thank you god for teaching me this lesson' Or ' thank you God for your guidance sorry i didn't listen' or 'please god increase my guidance' or ' please God protect me from my own stupidity'

Good question Brother

The only thing that comes to find is
Bismilla or AstaghfurAllah.

Is there anything else that you could suggest?

Muslimah inshal
04-16-2017, 08:48 PM
Or alhamdulillah as well

M.I.A.
04-16-2017, 08:51 PM
rapidly losing faith in this place. you know death is such a horrendous thing.

so many lives are begun and ended by it.

..some people enjoy bringing the news..

i honestly havent profitited off it.

honestly i see the world a little differently now..

but you know..

not many people are able to hit it back so hard that it would look somewhere else.

these days most conversations stress that there is only one..

sick an tired of becoming a step for other people to stand upon.

when you trip over your own words on a good day.. what does it matter.

by far the greatest proof.

its funny because we all turn up somewhere.

most of us are nowhere near what we would claim..

probably.

Finding MEMO
04-16-2017, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
rapidly losing faith in this place. you know death is such a horrendous thing.

so many lives are begun and ended by it.

..some people enjoy bringing the news..

i honestly havent profitited off it.

honestly i see the world a little differently now..

but you know..

not many people are able to hit it back so hard that it would look somewhere else.

these days most conversations stress that there is only one..

sick an tired of becoming a step for other people to stand upon.

when you trip over your own words on a good day.. what does it matter.

by far the greatest proof.

its funny because we all turn up somewhere.

most of us are nowhere near what we would claim..

probably.
Brother MIA

Could you please simplify what your saying?
I would like to understand
In Shaa Allah.

M.I.A.
04-16-2017, 09:12 PM
yep.

if you ever find yourself higher up.

...write something good.

Muslimah inshal
04-16-2017, 09:12 PM

Yes , you can say this ones inshallah and I hope it helps .

قَدَّرَ اللَّهُ وَمَا شَاءَ فَعَلَ
Qadarullaahi wa maa shaa'afa'ala.

It is the Decree of Allah and He does whatever He wills.(The strong believer is better and more dear to Allah than the weak believer, and in each of them there is good. Be vigilant for what is to your benefit and seek the help of Allah and do not falter. But when you are stricken by some setback, do not say: "If only I had done such and such..." rather say: "It is the Decree of Allah and He does whatever He wills". For verily the saying 'if...' begins the work of the Devil.)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

الحمد لله على كل حال.
"Alhamdulillah 'ala kulli Haal"
Praise be to Allah in every circumstance.

M.I.A.
04-16-2017, 09:21 PM
well..

thats irony for you.

Finding MEMO
04-18-2017, 12:05 AM
Attachment 6110

Muslimah inshal
04-18-2017, 08:11 AM
Love it .
Alhamdulillah !

Serinity
04-18-2017, 09:49 AM
:salam:

Great reminder! There is one dua that Allah never will refuse - and that is the dua for guidance. You may ask for a car, cure for sickness or a beatiful spouse. And Allah :swt: maybe won't give u it, but rather prevent a calamity or save it and give u better in the Akhira AFAIK. But guidance - Allah will never deny the one who asks.

Allahu alam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.