/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does Allah still punish nations?

Mustafa16
04-08-2017, 06:21 PM
I heard someone on ummah forum saying Allah is punishing Afghanistan for hundreds of years of bacha bazi (the practice of sexually abusing young boys and dressing them up as women).....i think, if Allah still punishes nations, he is punishing Turkey for hundreds of years of oppression.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
04-08-2017, 06:35 PM
People are free to say....

anatolian
04-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Mustafa you will get med soon because of the conflict your jamaat are living. Just think and observe with a neutral mind. Your imppresion is historically incorrect. Which oppresion are you talking about going on for hundreds of years in Turkey?

Mustafa16
04-09-2017, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Mustafa you will get med soon because of the conflict your jamaat are living. Just think and observe with a neutral mind. Your imppresion is historically incorrect. Which oppresion are you talking about going on for hundreds of years in Turkey?
oppression of Janissaries (boys kidnapped from christian families and forced into slavery), Alevis, Christians, Kurds, Armenians (millions forced from their homes, but not genocide, though), Greeks (same thing), religious people (temporarily), political opposition (everyone is champion of human rights when they are out of power, but as my father likes to say, as soon as someone has power, "All of you, get OFF the table, it's my turn to eat..."), irreligious people (today), and Gulenists.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mustafa16
04-09-2017, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
also, you yourself told me gulen jamaat was a terrorist organization when we have never committed a single act of violence, and when kilicdaroglu has evidence the coup was staged by akp, and soliders were forced to give testimony by torture and courts are rigged........i just got an email from a turkish cultural center (non gulenist) that has a musical on "the gulen" with a picture that shows hoca efendi and says in red "WANTED" and says at top, "15 temmuzun koun derini" (deep roots of 15 july).....i have been betrayed by them and you....if you do not stand against oppression....you are part of the problem

Mustafa16
04-09-2017, 04:32 AM
anyway, i really shouldn't be saying this stuff, because i was warned by moderators

azc
04-09-2017, 07:35 AM
@Mustafa16 : why your almost every thread/post leads to turkey???

sister herb
04-09-2017, 07:57 AM
You are talking now about the idea of the inherited sin. It belongs to the Christian doctrine, not to Islam. Everybody is responsible alone for their actions and sins to Allah. You can´t be punished because of the sins of others. You answer to Allah only for your own actions.

"That no burdened person (with sins) shall bear the burden (sins) of another. And that man can have nothing but what he does (of good and bad). And that his deeds will be seen, Then he will be recompensed with a full and the best [fair] recompense." Surat an-Najm:38–41

sister herb
04-09-2017, 08:05 AM
And yes, stop mixing Turkey and gulenists to every matters in here.

Muslimah inshal
04-09-2017, 08:09 AM
Please , what's the meaning of gulenists

sister herb
04-09-2017, 08:18 AM
^ Sister, make a search in this forum and you will find a lot of posts about those gulenists.

greenhill
04-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Personally, I cannot subscribe to the thought that there is a difference between 'those days' and our current times. So these questions really are an excuse for whatever we chose to make fit to allow leniency, so to speak.

So when Allah says He punishes nations, He will punish nations, He decides which, when, how etc. Do we understand the term 'nations'? Do we understand what shape or form these punishments take? Even our own state of affairs is hard to decipher.. i.e., the the test given to us, the challenges, the hardships etc, are they to wash off our previous sins, or to train us for the what is to come, or denied because they will be bad for us, or as a punishment for certain wrongs we have done etc, how is it that we can judge for others?

About what you have said, we can only speculate. But we know Allah will punish nations for certain transgressions..

:peace:

anatolian
04-09-2017, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
oppression of Janissaries (boys kidnapped from christian families and forced into slavery), Alevis, Christians, Kurds, Armenians (millions forced from their homes, but not genocide, though), Greeks (same thing), religious people (temporarily), political opposition (everyone is champion of human rights when they are out of power, but as my father likes to say, as soon as someone has power, "All of you, get OFF the table, it's my turn to eat..."), irreligious people (today), and Gulenists.
Janissaries were not oppressed. they were one of the most respected class within the society. Their families were oppressed though. And yes all those people were oppressed in a specific period of time in Turkey but we cant just talk about an ongoing oppression for hundreds of years. Probably we payed the price if Allah punished us for each case. However, in most cases the opposite side were not angels either.

Bro. You are Turkish yourself although you are living somewhere else but your hatred towards the current goverment because of the conflict between your jamaat you have developed a enmity for your mother land. The current goverment of Turkey does not represent the country or nation as a whole. There are a lot of people who oppose them here, including myself. Stop associating the government with the country. Just take a deep breath and focus on the things with mind.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.