/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did I commit Shirk? PLEASE HELP

troubldbywaswas
04-10-2017, 05:47 AM
I have been having serious waswas about other religions. Initially I was having waswas about Christianity and the Shaytan was asking me questions about their faith and I was able to counter his questions. For the last few days I've had questions from Shaytaan about Hindu faith and it is so disgusting but I was hopeless when I was not able to counter his questions in my mind. Then I was able to counter it back one day later. However I then again started having very bad thoughts in my mind. I felt disgusted with myself and I've been questioning myself if I'm even Muslim. I'm taking the Shahada again and again. I spend my entire day fighting these waswas and then I decided to read this post http://www.islamreligion.com/article...hindu-brahmin/ and I just felt very guilty because I read what was already written in the Quran and I still chose to look at that post. I really don't wish to indulge in arguments against other faiths because I simply know Islam is the truth and I just want to preserve my faith without thinking of other unncessary things. I pray five times a day and engage in a lot of dhikr when I face these waswas and I do not indulge in any major sins but I have these waswas a lot and they bring me great stress, sometimes I have headaches. Lately, I feel hopeless and I'm questioning if I'm Muslim or not? I still do pray five times a day. I just feel very disgusted and I feel like a hypocrite sometimes. I always fear of ever doing shirk and I make supplications to preserve my imaan and make me steadfast and firm on Islam. I do not even know anymore where these waswas are from anymore? the shaytaan or my own nafs? Am I Muslim? Please ask me anything for more clarity. Please respond as soon as possible! Have I committed shirk? will all my previous good deeds I deed in the name of Allah be accepted or be washed away? Please help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YahyaAE
04-10-2017, 06:10 AM
Whenever you have any doubt or find the appeal of other faiths coming to you, just remember La ilaha illallah. I know its a generic answer, but its important. No other faith believes in the Oneness of Allah, like Islam. Christianity says it does, but then they have the Trinity... And believe it or not, Hinduism says it as well. They have millions of gods, but I remember reading that they are all part of (an aspect) of one supreme god. But in Islam we recognise that Allah is only One, and He is not divided up into different gods.

As for if you're committing shirk, I dunno. You haven't acted on your thoughts so I dunno if you can be held to account for it. But take comfort in the fact that you are disgusted by the idea of shirk. Some people are not.

troubldbywaswas
04-10-2017, 06:21 AM
I pray five times a day and I do dhikr when I face such thoughts and I counter these arguments of the shaytaan. How do I get rid of these thoughts?

Muslimah inshal
04-10-2017, 08:21 AM
I just wanted to share this video :
https://youtu.be/oFSoqD7cc3E

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.