/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should Shahada be witnessed

slave4Him
04-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Assalamualaikum! I'm going to be doing my Shahada VERY soon. I've read that it should be witnessed...I've also read that it does not have to be. Which is best?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
04-10-2017, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by slave4Him
Assalamualaikum! I'm going to be doing my Shahada VERY soon. I've read that it should be witnessed...I've also read that it does not have to be. Which is best?
Asalaamualaykum

The shahada does not require a witness in principle.
There is nothing wrong in having people there but the acceptance of Shahada as far as your lord is concerned is that it needs not witness.

slave4Him
04-10-2017, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamualaykum

The shahada does not require a witness in principle.
There is nothing wrong in having people there but the acceptance of Shahada as far as your lord is concerned is that it needs not witness.
Thank you very much for!!

slave4Him
04-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Thank you very much for!!
Thank you so much for that!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimah inshal
04-10-2017, 05:40 PM
I would prefer to be witnessed so that you never forget that day. And a lot of brothers will squeeze you with hugs hahaha and it will be a very emotional moment . You can go to the masjid ( mosque ) and tell the imam that you want to make the Shahada inshallah .

sister herb
04-10-2017, 05:58 PM
I have always liked the idea that when saying shahadah, Allah is your witness.

I said it alone but later traveled to the nearest mosque to say it with witnesses.

slave4Him
04-10-2017, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I have always liked the idea that when saying shahadah, Allah is your witness.

I said it alone but later traveled to the nearest mosque to say it with witnesses.
Thank you sister. I believe that's I'm going to do.

sister herb
04-10-2017, 06:03 PM
:thumbs_up With or without witnesses, you will remember that moment rest of your life. It´s so spectacular.

azc
04-10-2017, 06:33 PM
:wa: go to any mosque or Islamic centre and say shahadah.

Simple_Person
04-10-2017, 08:33 PM
As far as i know no witnesses are required, however looking from a critical point of view, it has certain benefits to it.

There are for examples those uncles that criticize people by their dress or how they pray or whatever. When knowing you are clearly a new Muslim, they might go easy on you. Also many other Muslims brothers might support you emotionally and sharing knowledge as you will face harsh times by ignorant people around you especially in these times. They might also help you to slowly build up your Islam and not to rush things. Step by step.

azc
04-11-2017, 03:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
As far as i know no witnesses are required, however looking from a critical point of view, it has certain benefits to it.There are for examples those uncles that criticize people by their dress or how they pray or whatever. When knowing you are clearly a new Muslim, they might go easy on you. Also many other Muslims brothers might support you emotionally and sharing knowledge as you will face harsh times by ignorant people around you especially in these times. They might also help you to slowly build up your Islam and not to rush things. Step by step.
on what bases you've assumed that witness is not needed for being a Muslim...? However, no need for being a momin.

slave4Him
04-11-2017, 06:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
As far as i know no witnesses are required, however looking from a critical point of view, it has certain benefits to it.

There are for examples those uncles that criticize people by their dress or how they pray or whatever. When knowing you are clearly a new Muslim, they might go easy on you. Also many other Muslims brothers might support you emotionally and sharing knowledge as you will face harsh times by ignorant people around you especially in these times. They might also help you to slowly build up your Islam and not to rush things. Step by step.
Thank you!

Simple_Person
04-11-2017, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
on what bases you've assumed that witness is not needed for being a Muslim...? However, no need for being a momin.
Because there are people who die as Muslims and nobody have known about them. However i would agree with you that in these times many spies would brand themselves Muslims to rather go and spy on Muslims. So in these cases i say do it. However we also know as Muslims everything around you even your own body will testify. Even the ground you prayed on will testify on your behalf. Having multiple human witnesses i would never say no don't, rather yes i strongly advocate that one does. Also what i have forgotten is that the reverts will get a testimony on paper that would allow them to enter Mecca. So also on this, i could say i admit that i am wrong and they do need Muslims to witness for them. So right now thinking more deeply, from STRONGLY recommending it, could rather go to almost leaning towards obligatory.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.